Ever forget/misplace your light(s) and come to regret it?

violatorjf

Newly Enlightened
I generally have a couple lights on me at all times. Two nights ago I was messing around with all my lights in the basement and left them down there. Yesterday morning when I left for work I was running late and didn't grab any to take with me. Of course, this means something.

Later that night at about 5:30pm the power went out in our office building. No backup lights, so people were walking around with their cell phones opened up.

:hairpull:

Figures, the one night I don't have any lights on me the power goes out. It almost seems mandatory that whenever I forget to bring a light I get put in a situation where I could really use one. One of my co-workers even made a comment about my flashlights since he's aware that I usually have them. Anyone else have any stories of happenings such as this?

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
I know what you mean. Have been there too, in similar situations...
Murphy is lurking around the corner!
Cant ever never bring a light! Thats when you need it! :candle:

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep a couple of combination 5mmLED/laster pointer combos in my desk draw in the office, so I am never without a torch at work.

The things are worthless, so they won't get nicked. But there are the days when I don't carry my NEDC.

jezzyp

Enlightened
Have the cheapo key chain lights on your keys (house & car). At worst I always have one of these as I can't leave the house without my keys!
In my work brief case theres another 10 key chain lights as give aways and a nice light or two (+ spare batteries...)
Oh yes and there's lights in the car parked outside...

Khaytsus

Enlightened
This is why I carry 5 I guess.. At least I can try to tell myself that.

Man wouldn't that stink to be known as the flashlight geek and not have flashlights when the lights go out?

Patriot

Flashaholic
Sounds like you need to leave a cheapie in the desk and another in the car. :)

Fortunately I've been pretty good about keeping a flashlight on me so I don't have any stories to share.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is part of a ritual for me, making sure I have all my EDC flashlights to hand as soon as I get dressed in the morning. I have the Fenix P1D-CE original on my keys, an L1T V2.0 and a P1D-CE Q5 on my belt, and a Mag 2D ROP in my rucksack.

The only stupid misplacement that I do is when I take my jeans off ready for bed. With my keys in their pockets, and the belt still on the jeans, I have no flashlight to light my way from the lightswitch to my bed. I now have a cheap, 3x5mm LED 'Budget Flashlight; to just see me this far.

Uncle Bob

Enlightened
Forget, misplace or LOSE? Yes, like yesterday. Reached into my pants pocket at the end of the day and my Gerber Infinity Ultra was GONE! DARN!:mecry:

I had backup EDC's but that was my go-to light before I would drag out the others. So today I drove out to REI in Oakbrook Terrace, IL and picked up another one. :eek:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have so many lights stashed in so many places... backpack, coat pockets, pants pockets, keychain, car, box at work, etc so that such an unfortunate thing will NEVER happen to me.
The way I see it murphy's law therefore dictates that the power will never go out wherever I am. So in the long run it is less fun for me but better for everyone else that way. :thinking:

My advice... invest in a LF2 for your keychain.

jugg2

Enlightened
I always make sure I have all my EDC on me when I get up in the morning also. The only power outages I have been through in the past 2 years have been in the daytime...:mecry:

Uncle Bob

Enlightened
Hallelujah! I was lost but now am found! :twothumbs

The Gerber Infiniti Ultra that I thought I had lost was actually in the pocket of my spare bluejeans. I forgot to empty the pocket the other night. :ohgeez:

Now I have a spare IU since I ran out to buy another. Oh well, hope this doesn't become a habit. :rolleyes: