PK Design Lab

Thread: E2E Rubber Boot

Default E2E Rubber Boot

Does anyone know if these will fit the original twisty tailcap?
    http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.co...roducts_id=407

Flashaholic*

Default Re: E2E Rubber Boot

Quote Originally Posted by Beamshot View Post
    Does anyone know if these will fit the original twisty tailcap?
    http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.co...roducts_id=407
    They will, but it's not easy to take apart, or wasn't for me anyway.

Plus, mine was starting to flicker and act wonky so I called up Surefire and they replaced it, but with a clickie. That's fine with me honestly, I prefer the clickie. But I keep the twisty nearby in case the clickie fails.

Of course, I have 3 other high-output EDC's in my pockets, soooo
    4Sevens Quark 123 R2, Fenix Tk10, NiteCore Defender Q5, Fenix P2D CE (P4) Natural, Fenix L0D Q4 (Copper??), Surefire E1e with McLux head and Luxeon 3, Black 4D Mag with TerraLux SSC Drop-in, Deep Purple Mag AA with TerraLux 1W UV Cree, Arc AAA

Thanks, Surefire sent me a clicky to replace it also. I prefer the clicky but in the summer i usually have to twist the tailcap to lock it out so it doesnt come on by itself in the cargo pocket of my shorts. I figure if im going to have to twist the tailcap it might as well be a twisty instead of a clickie.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Beamshot View Post
    Thanks, Surefire sent me a clicky to replace it also. I prefer the clicky but in the summer i usually have to twist the tailcap to lock it out so it doesnt come on by itself in the cargo pocket of my shorts. I figure if im going to have to twist the tailcap it might as well be a twisty instead of a clickie.
    Yeah, I LOTC mine too, but I still prefer a clickie.

As for replacing your original one, the best I've heard is to examine how it looks like it should be taken apart, then boil it in a good heavy ziplog bag to get it nice and hot and with gloves try to take it apart. It shouldn't damage anything, but should losen the glue/threadlock.
    4Sevens Quark 123 R2, Fenix Tk10, NiteCore Defender Q5, Fenix P2D CE (P4) Natural, Fenix L0D Q4 (Copper??), Surefire E1e with McLux head and Luxeon 3, Black 4D Mag with TerraLux SSC Drop-in, Deep Purple Mag AA with TerraLux 1W UV Cree, Arc AAA

I have already had mine apart to see if I had any rubber boots that would fit. I must have got lucky with mine because it only took a couple of minutes to take apart.(no heating or anything to get it to break apart)

to take apart newer clickies (since Surefire changed from Laser Products) you need to put pressure on the rubber with pliers and turn the screw on the inside, take it out and use needle nose or snap ring pliers to remove the plastic retainer.
    Hobbyist LED information Website
    U2 work light
    Shaky Emergency Light
    The Mags
    engineer in the making

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by 65535 View Post
    to take apart newer clickies (since Surefire changed from Laser Products) you need to put pressure on the rubber with pliers and turn the screw on the inside, take it out and use needle nose or snap ring pliers to remove the plastic retainer.
    I gave this a try on mine, although I can't remember why now I was wanting to take it apart... Perhaps I wanted to put one of my GITD boots in. Anyway, I never could get that outer ring to budge, so I gave up. Had no real need to do it anyway.