LA Police Gear
Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: PF10! Flashaholic Get Together: NJ, NY, PA, CT Area +

Banned

Hahaha Re: PF10! Flashaholic Get Together: NJ, NY, PA, CT Area +

Now to you, Grasshopper,
    I was "jokingly" referencing the verticular span of your mooning post. In retaliation, you did an environmental impact study on which esteemed PF10 attendees, real and virtual, wrote the most posts. Therefore, I thank you for bringing to light that I was the most prolific poster in the thread. Animalhousepa who was eating my dust wasn't any stiff competition with a measly 72 posts under his belt. Is there some award, prize or perk attached to such an accomplishment, other than "thanks sucka?" Considering that the thread was born on Feb. 2nd, 865 total posts is a nice piece of change!!

You did a great job documenting the posters. You are obviously an expert in the phasic issues of our moon. I guess that I could call you our most knowledgeable "lunatic?"

Be good Sam, and don't try to steal Heidi's prize when she is not looking. I know that you want it.....baaaaad!

Jeff

Flashaholic*

Default Re: PF10! Flashaholic Get Together: NJ, NY, PA, CT Area +

I posted only 26 times? I think I need to step it up. Why let Jeff have all the fun?

And as usual, I have been inspired to create a new flashlight right after a PF. Which means that by PF11 it will be ancient history.

I finally got around to putting my pictures up on photobucket. I didn't take that many, and half of them weren't any good anyway.

I have video of the Valois light-knife "in action" (me almost cutting myself) to post on YouTube later.

Who was I talking to that was from Tower City or near there? It didn't register with me at the time but a few days ago I realized that I used to go through Tower City when I was delivering. So yeah, I know where it is.

Hmmm, Tower City?? I go past there every time I go to Harrisburg--once a week anymore. Who are ya??

Karl

AyeMayanor, who's silver topped plastic tackle box is that at the end of the first page? I want to track one of those down.

Quote Originally Posted by AyeMayanor View Post
    I finally got around to putting my pictures up on photobucket. I didn't take that many, and half of them weren't any good anyway.

I have video of the Valois light-knife "in action" (me almost cutting myself) to post on YouTube later.

Who was I talking to that was from Tower City or near there? It didn't register with me at the time but a few days ago I realized that I used to go through Tower City when I was delivering. So yeah, I know where it is.
    Was it me that said my wife used to teach in Tower City and I had been out there? I didn't live there, but I did stay over at my wife's place a few times when she lived out there, before she was my wife.

I was the guy with the Zebralight headlamp, the Dereelights, etc.

Also the light-knife... I'm not to sure about that thing.. No offense to the creator, but the thing looks like a hazzard. The idea that you hold onto a metal collar and have the weight of the flashlight fall through it is an accident waiting to happen. If someone would lose their grip on the collar the knife is going to be pulled right through their hand by the weight of the whole set up. If someone tries to grab onto the knife blade as a reaction to catch their flashlight, well, not good. Hopefully the user would be wearing cut-proof gloves. I got nervous evertime someone at PF10 went to try it. I also felt the whole get up was overly large, clunky, etc.

With the advancement in LED lights, one could carry a small high power light that they could shove in their mouth if they had to free up a hand to grab a knife.
    Facebook: Wade Fulp - Follow me on Twitter! @flashlightguy and my main feed @WadeFulp Google+ PROFILE

Data: That is a Plano 2-BY tackle box and I got it from the Sportsman's Guide through Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E39T1Y

There is also a 3 and a 4 drawer version. It is a step up from the small tool box I was using before. Though it is nearly stuffed to the limit right now, it keeps all my accessories and cleaning supplies neatly organized.

Wade: You're one of the few people I do remember because I talked to you the longest. I guess it was you I remember mentioning Tower City...but now you live closer to Allentown? And if it weren't for that, yeah, I'd remember you for the Zebralight

Of all the cool lights on display the Zebralight impressed me the most. I knew what to expect of things like the Databank and assorted Mag Mods, having read about them before, but I knew very little about the Zebralight. The size and output alone are convincing enough, but considering the versatility of its shape and the included accessories you have a truly awesome light. I can't rub my pennies together fast enough!

The light-knife was...interesting. I don't mean any offense to the creator either but to me it was more novelty than useful tool. I too was watching, waiting for an accident, whenever someone tried it out.

Here is my video. In it you will see that the force of the light dropping through the ring is so great that it nearly pulls the ring itself out of my grip. Caught me by surprise. Granted, I did it left handed and I'm a righty, so that may have been partly user error. Still, I don't see it being very safe or practical.

ps. That's Milky's voice in the background explaining one of his mods.

Anyway, I live in one of the tiny coal mining towns near Pottsville, surrounded by woods and trails where I hike hikes that make the stroll to the quarry look like a...stroll. I've wanted to go for a night hike but haven't because I'm afraid to do it alone. Seems some of you don't live too far from me so if you ever want to set something up, let me know. I haven't found another job yet so it's not like I have to get up early.

(FYI: Pottsville is nowhere near Pottstown. This is a frequent correlation people make when my wife and I use "Pottsville" as a reference point. It amazes me how often I hear it since it's just as stupid as "You're from New York? Do you know John?") <---- Not directed at anyone here, just thought I'd say it before someone asks
    Last edited by AyeMayanor; 04-13-2008 at 05:14 PM.

That's my blue fleece from Cuffy's. I didn't notice I had left it until I got home. Scott, I'll be in your neck of the woods again later this month and I can pick it up.

I had a wonderful time at my third PF. As always, there was an bewildering collection of all kinds of flashlights to behold. LazerCrazy's dual beam HID monster was an amazing piece of modding. Kenster's gift of the Gold SPY005 was incredible.

Here are two shots of the MilkyParkingLot:

Walt proudly showing off his collection:

Dinner has arrived:

Data paying tribute to this forum:

Scott entertaining the kids in the MilkyLab:

Many thanks to the Milky family for opening up thier home to host these events. That truely is an act of generosity and love for the flashlight community.
    Last edited by Stan671; 04-13-2008 at 07:40 PM.
    Stan Dobrowski

Thanks for the great pictures Stan. You have to stand in the Milky Lab for a few moments to take it all in.

Anyway, I live in one of the tiny coal mining towns near Pottsville, surrounded by woods and trails where I hike hikes that make the stroll to the quarry look like a...stroll. I've wanted to go for a night hike but haven't because I'm afraid to do it alone. Seems some of you don't live too far from me so if you ever want to set something up, let me know. I haven't found another job yet so it's not like I have to get up early.
    A night hike would be fun. Any bears up there? How many miles do you usually hike? I've been trying to get back in shape by taking the kids out for evening stroller rides, so I've been pushing their 100 pound stroller (including them) around town for about 5 miles at a shot. I've been strapping various lights onto their stroller, and I always have a few on me.
    Facebook: Wade Fulp - Follow me on Twitter! @flashlightguy and my main feed @WadeFulp Google+ PROFILE

Quote Originally Posted by WadeF View Post
    A night hike would be fun. Any bears up there? How many miles do you usually hike?
    We have bears and mountain lions but I have yet to see any while I've been out. Still, it's the reason why I won't go out alone. But like I said at the party, I live in what is widely known as a four-wheelin' hotspot. The paths I stick to are coal mine access roads that criss cross the mountain with little overgrowth and through wide open terrain. (We play paintball in the entrance to the woods.)

I'm not sure how far I hike. Depends on how ambitious I feel. The really far hike, from my house to where I exit, by the main road, is about 3 miles. The route I follow arcs up and over the mountain and takes a few hours and I'd guess it at 5 miles. It's actually not that bad, it's the walk home that sucks. Remedy: Park a car at the exit point

PM me if you're interested. Grilling is another of my hobbies. Baked beans are my specialty. 100% made from scratch, cooked in a dutch oven over the coals in no less than 6 hours.
    Last edited by AyeMayanor; 04-14-2008 at 07:49 AM.

We have bears and mountain lions but I have yet to see any while I've been out. Still, it's the reason why I won't go out alone. But like I said at the party, I live in what is widely known as a four-wheelin' hotspot. The paths I stick to are coal mine access roads that criss cross the mountain with little overgrowth and through wide open terrain. (We play paintball in the entrance to the woods.)

I'm not sure how far I hike. Depends on how ambitious I feel. The really far hike, from my house to where I exit, by the main road, is about 3 miles. The route I follow arcs up and over the mountain and takes a few hours and I'd guess it at 5 miles. It's actually not that bad, it's the walk home that sucks. Remedy: Park a car at the exit point

PM me if you're interested. Grilling is another of my hobbies. Baked beans are my specialty. 100% made from scratch, cooked in a dutch oven over the coals in no less than 6 hours.

Count me and my kids in for a family hike if you put one together! I love baked beans and I will bring the ribs.

My wife and son and I have ridden our dirtbikes in that area (Tower City) and I have ridden all over that part of the country on my dirt bike and my mountain bike. Love that black rock.

Cheers
    Dave

Banned

A slight diversion from all our frivolity, from ol' luxlover.....

Quote Originally Posted by Data View Post
    Count me and my kids in for a family hike if you put one together!
    Great! Now I just have to talk it over with my wife a little more. So far I've only said, "some guys from the flashlight party might come over for a night hike." She was cool with it, on the condition I keep it small and under control. We live with her parents so I have to consult with them too.

I'll create a thread for it soon. "Schuylkill County Night Hike 2008" maybe? "Pennsylvania Night Trek"?

Wow I thought I posted already but I guess cpf ate it. I had a blast as usual and I can't wait til the next one. Special thanks to Scott and his very patient wife for letting us take over his house.

Msax- I will make a brighter and better light eventually.
    Favorite lights: XeRay 75W BarnBurner | Vec Twin 55W HID mod w/ LSD D pack | Amondotech Iluminator with 12D cell pack | Modded 2MCP vector | 2C ROP Low | 6D Quad Lux 3 Mod | 2C lux5 mod | Camo 3D red mod | 3D ssc Mod | Costco 2AA: R/B, Blue, Cyan, R/O | Aleph 19 UV | 193mw PGL 3 | Ssc Garrity hl mod

I just have to talk it over with my wife a little more. So far I've only said, "some guys from the flashlight party might come over ..."
    That is probably how the permission was granted initially from Ms. Milky, ten PF's ago.
    Stan Dobrowski

I'll create a thread for it soon. "Schuylkill County Night Hike 2008" maybe? "Pennsylvania Night Trek"?
    "Raid Yuengling Night Recon Expedition" :P

Quote Originally Posted by lasercrazy View Post
    Msax- I will make a brighter and better light eventually.
    Instead of two 55-watt HID's, can you get two 400-watt HID's in there? :P

I can recommend Rickettes Glenn State Park for an awesome night hike...but they are real popular, and don't have group campsites worth a darn. THey have 30 waterfalls in a 3 mile steep mountain heavily wooded hike. Serious dark under the tall tree cover! I go almost every year...30 miles west of Hazelton- if a few want to try it- let me know.
    Striker VG, SL Scorpion Led, Huntlight FT01, Wolf Eyes 9 v Raider, D-Mini Lumapower, Drumlights, Surefire G2, Dereelight ,Ultrafire 500, Power on Board HID, Olight T 20 Q 5, Zebralight H-30, Nitecore EX 10, Eagletac T10C2, MTE P 7D, Icon Rogue 2

Dear Milkyspit:

Your PM box is full, so I am writing to you here. I'd like to come over today, Friday 4/18 to pick up my jacket and Data's camera case left there after PF10. I will be by at about noon. I'll give you a call when I am on the road. Thanks.
    Stan Dobrowski

Quote Originally Posted by Stan671 View Post
    Dear Milkyspit:

Your PM box is full, so I am writing to you here. I'd like to come over today, Friday 4/18 to pick up my jacket and Data's camera case left there after PF10. I will be by at about noon. I'll give you a call when I am on the road. Thanks.

Stan, this should be no problem.

BTW, when you cannot reach me by CPF PM you could always call (you already have the number!) and/or email...

I've also got 5x SSCP7 CSWOI emitters for Data... I'll send those with you, too.

See ya later!
    --Scott

Quote Originally Posted by milkyspit View Post
    I've also got 5x SSCP7 CSWOI emitters for Data... I'll send those with you, too
    Hmmm ... that seems to be a typo. You only gave me 4.
    Stan Dobrowski

Flashaholic*

Hmmm ... that seems to be a typo. You only gave me 4.
    for the one that fell off the Segway.

Milky showed me a test bed light he put the P7 into. The P7 is one sweet set of 4 chips in one package .. and it makes LOTS of light.

Sorry, LED_Thrift, but Data did not buy my story about one of the P7's being abducted by aliens.
    Stan Dobrowski

Flashaholic*

That Data guy is so skeptical.
    Maybe next time...

. . . Sorry, LED_Thrift, but Data did not buy my story about one of the P7's being abducted by aliens.
    This is the most ridiculous Stan story yet . . . look, in my line of work I have meet most all the aliens in this quadrant. They are mostly into gold press platinum and dilithium, no P7's.

Flashaholic*

I'll bet none of those aliens have seen anything better than the DataBank70... or was it... ah, ha.... YOU GOT IT FROM THEM!

It's starting to make sense. There was talk of this at PF9 when we first saw it, but I dismissed it as conspiricy theroy talk...
    Quotes from actual PF9 attendees:
    "I've never seen anything like that on this planet"
    "Where did those weird batteries come from, I've never seen a light with those"
    "Why are those hand holds so long, no one has hands like that"

don't think that only Stan has ridiculous stories...

Banned

For those of you who have recently been beamed onto our planet.....

<<Countdown to PF11!>>
    Note:
    My suggestion of Sat. Sept. 27th has not yet been approved by "THE Selection Committee" = Mrs. Milkyspit.

Jeff

Last edited by luxlover; 04-24-2008 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LED_Thrift View Post
    I'll bet none of those aliens have seen anything better than the DataBank70... or was it... ah, ha.... YOU GOT IT FROM THEM!

It's starting to make sense. There was talk of this at PF9 when we first saw it, but I dismissed it as conspiricy theroy talk...
    Quotes from actual PF9 attendees:
    "I've never seen anything like that on this planet"
    "Where did those weird batteries come from, I've never seen a light with those"
    "Why are those hand holds so long, no one has hands like that"

don't think that only Stan has ridiculous stories...

Due to the Prime Directive I can neither confirm or deny this conspiricy theroy.

Quote Originally Posted by luxlover View Post
    For those of you who have recently been beamed onto our planet.....

<<Countdown to PF11!>>
    Note:
    My suggestion of Sat. Sept. 27th has not yet been approved by the "Selection Committee" = Mrs. Milkyspit.

Jeff

fix your quotation mark! should read "THE" selection committe.

must emphasize "THE" as she is "THE" one and only! as you may be a selection committee, but your vote and say dont count!
    like i dont make any decision, only heidi has "the" last word!

sincerely,

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202324252627282930313233 LastLast