FCW-3 Flashaholics Camping Weekend!

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
:party:
FCW-3 is the 3rd Flashaholics Camping Weekend, which is open to anyone who would like to attend!

Due to the overwhelming positive response from the first two FCW's, it's time for FCW-3! And so, I bring you the details of FCW-3.

WHEN: May 2nd, 3rd and 4th, 2008. That's Friday May 2nd with a check in time no earlier than 12 noon, until Sunday May 4th with a checkout time in the late afternoon. May is a good time for camping, it's cool enough to enjoy a campfire, and less buggy than the summer months, and that weekend was also chosen due to it's proximity to a new moon, meaning it should be extra dark out!

:candle: So two nights, or if you can only make it for one that's fine, or if you don't want to stay over night, then you can come and hang out, stay for some campfire cooked hot dogs, and leave whenever. One night or two, it's still $10.

WHERE: The first two FCW's were at Hickory Run State Park in PA, which proved to be a great venue, but just for a change of scenery I've chosen a new location for FCW-3, which is Jenny Jump State Forest in NJ. Here is a link to the campground map, we will be in group site "B": http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/maps/jennyjumpmapBW.PDF

I've been to group site "B" and it's very nice. It offers seclusion from other campsites, yet houses enough room for a maximum of 40 people. More importantly than the number of people is the number of tents which it can hold, which is roughly 15. So space is limited, if you want to go you should reserve a spot now.

WHO: While this event is created for CPF members, anyone is welcome.

COST: :broke: The cost will be only $10 per person for the whole weekend! Everyone is responsible for there own food/drink.

EQUIPEMENT: :shrug: If you don't have a tent you can get one on sale at Wal-Mart for $29.99, or buddy up with someone who has a tent. And of course you'll need to bring a flashlight! Bring your own food and drink, and everything you will need to spend a few nights out in the woods. Nothing will be provided. The $10 secures the reservation and payment of the camp sites.

WHAT IF I FORGET SOMETHING: :drool: I hope you can do without it, because there is NO "general store" located at within the park. There is however a small town within about a 15 minute drive.

SPEAKING OF TOILET PAPER: :cool: , Don't worry they do have clean modern flush toilet bathrooms with running water at the park.

CEL PHONES: Yes, cel phones work fine from the camp site.
WHAT TO DO: :popcorn: Well along with the usual camping agenda of relaxing by a campfire, roasting marshmallows, etc.

:drunk: Jenny Jump is a state park, and therefore there is no alcohol allowed... officially. So, if you really want a drink, please do it very discreetly, and just know that if the park ranger does catch you, you he will ticket you and ask you to leave the park.
:whoopin:

For a whole bunch more information and some pictures from FCW-1 and FCW-2 check out those threads.

:caution: Please note that space is limited, and to assure your reservation you need to send me the $10 per person ASAP. Please do so by sending me a PM here on CPF, and I will PM you back with my address so that you can send me the $10 and assure your spot for what will surely be an awesome weekend!

If you can't wait until May for FCW-3 for your flashlight fix, check out PF10 (Photon Fest 10)... You'll find the thread for it here in the get togethers section.

--Tim (KartRacer31)

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Jim, They usually don't like no pop-ups in the group sites, and even told me that it was for tents only when I booked it, however I just called and asked if it was ok, and to my surprise they said yes!

Last edited:

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
It can sleep 3 pairs of people if it's a matter of ground space. So I can take 2 more pairs of people inside for the weekend. Or is it a campground rule?
Are there nearby sites that could take a pop-up? Maybe I could just reserve an adjacent site for my pop-up.
Maybe sleep in the back of my SUV?
I just haven't owned a tent in years.

Last edited:

TOOCOOL

Enlightened
Put me and the rest of my tribe down for a spot Tim :thumbsup:

Are kids $10.00 each ?

Last edited:

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
JimmyM - I edited my original response about your pop-up to reflect the latest info I just got. So yes, you can bring your pop-up.

TOOCOOL - Yep, it's $10 per head. I assume you will all be in one tent like last time, correct?

AnimalHousePA - Congrats on the pizza shop. I'll PM you, TOOCOOL and JimmyM my paypal addy for payment.

Glad all of you guys can make it. --Tim

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, I'm going to start the official reservations list for the campout. If your name is on this list it means I have received your payment, and you have a reserved spot for the campout. I'll continue to update this list in new posts throughtout this thread.

:caution: Remember the sight can hold up to 40 people, but the ground space will be maxed out at roughly 15 tents, so if you want to go sign up soon!

KartRacer31 - 1
JimmyM - 1

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Updated official reservations list for the campout. If your name is on this list it means I have received your payment, and you have a reserved spot for the campout. I'll continue to update this list in new posts throughtout this thread.

:caution: Remember the sight can hold up to 40 people, but the ground space will be maxed out at roughly 15 tents, so if you want to go sign up soon!

KartRacer31 - 1
JimmyM - 1
AnimalHousePA - 1
TOOCOOL - 1

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
in for 2. whatever happened to our old stomping ground? spooked by phoebe?

Delaware Water Gap / Pocono Mountain KOA

Step 1 of 4
step1.gif

During the second weekend in May 2008, campers will have the opportunity to receive a FREE NIGHT of camping at participating KOA Kampgrounds throughout North America. In order to receive the free night of camping on Saturday, May 10, campers must stay as a paid guest at a participating KOA campground on Friday, May 9.
Campers will be able to begin making their online reservations for this popular event on Friday, February 1, 2008.

Last edited:

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only 261.29 miles, 4 hours, 29 minutes, and $54 in gas! Can't wait! I'll have to make sure my batteries are fully charged. Flashlight AND camper.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Updated official reservations list for the campout. If your name is on this list it means I have received your payment, and you have a reserved spot for the campout. I'll continue to update this list in new posts throughtout this thread.

I'm going to be staying with JimmyM, so that frees up another tent spot.

KartRacer31 - 1
JimmyM - 1
AnimalHousePA - 1
TOOCOOL - 1
lasercrazy - 2
Lighthouse one - 3 / 2 tents

Last edited: