• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Shark Trimpot pad damage

Doh!Nut

Newly Enlightened
I have just removed the trim pot from a shark.:)
It was still attatched to the heatsink so I did not get the solder under the main pad hot enough :shakehead and I peeled the solder pad off the board :oops:.

Is there any way I can pick up the central pad trace:confused: is there a component that I can use to get at the other end of the trace to the central pad of the pot?

Currently the board appears to be boosting max, but from what I have read, it may not be stable in this configuration.
So what happens if I do nothing :confused:

My understanding is that If I connect the central pad to the '10o'clock pad, then the current will be minimum and if I connect the central pad to the 2oclock pad the output current will be maximum.

I really want to get a two way switch to get from high to low, am I right in suggesting that if I connect the central pole of the switch to the central pad of potentiometer and the two outer poles of the switch to the two outer poles of the potentiometer I will get max high/ max low on flicking the switch?

Thanks
Nick