The strongest breath mint

nanoWatt

Newly Enlightened
I've been doing a little research, and find that many companies claim their's is the strongest.

The strongest I have tried were Fisherman's Friend, and those mints burned.

I've read that C.O. Bigelow Peppermints are very strong. And another one that looks rather artistic called momints, which are liquid mint, is supposed to be as well. Momints has a wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momints They look pretty, but somewhat like the VX nerve-gas modules from The Rock movie.

It's like the hot sauce pursuit of the hottest. What mint is the mintiest?

Last edited:

nanoWatt

Newly Enlightened
I've tried Altoids too, though Fisherman's Friend was stronger. I couldn't finish it.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Love those Altoids. Peppermint or wintergreen Lifesavers hit the spot, too. And, you can create light flashes by chewing the wintergreen.

Geoff

Praxis

Enlightened
I have not had Momints, but I have had something similar. Can't think of the brand name right now. They reminded me of liquid novocaine. You feel them more than you taste them. Pretty powerful, almost unpleasant.

Illum

Flashaholic
icebreakers were awesome....until humidity gets to them...gum or tablets [I don't take them fast enough]

anyone heard of smint?

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fisherman's Friend is definitely the strongest I've ever tried, but the one I tried wasn't really a mint, it was more of a menthol lozange, although it had a dry texture like a mint. I don't think the ones I tried are designed to freshen one's breath, either, but to provide relief from sore throats and stuffy noses. It's definitely the strongest, though, in all it's medicinal grossness. (tastes like medicine)

jugg2

Enlightened
Not quite a breath mint, but Listerine's mint spray is pretty strong. last summer when I was working at the HVAC company my dad works at, whenever me and one of the service guys would work together, we would see who could do the most shots/sprays of it while driving between jobs. Up to 10 its not that bad, but if you get over 25-30 it sucks, lol.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Amazing how us geeks have so many of the same side obsessions. Years ago, I found that Starbucks Peppermint After Coffee Mints were the strongest I could find, much stronger (to my tastebuds, at least) than Altoids and the like. Alas, I can't even find Starbucks peppermint anymore, just cinnamon, vanilla, and similar estrogen-driven flavors such as rainbow and unicorn :). I just placed an order for those Hoofmints, hoping they capture the old glory of those original Starbucks.

I also love those tea tree chewing sticks. Just placed a new order for them as well, and thought I'd try the cinnamon this time. Forget about what I said above about cinnamon being an estrogen-driven flavor. I've changed my mind, cinnamon rocks.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Fisherman's Friend rules! I miss those. Can't seem to find them here though :(
I can always pick some up for you here in Oz.
Norm

I always thought these were strong

rolkingpepermuntcs7.jpg

I can pick these up in the imported section in Safeway's.

Last edited:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
...I just placed an order for those Hoofmints, hoping they capture the old glory of those original Starbucks...
I think you'll find they WON'T compare to the Starbucks, they're STRONGER!! I'll be waiting for your review! :D

Last edited:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was reading up on this a few months back, and there is anecdotal evidence that washing with steel will remove odors. There are even steel lollipops on e-Bay! I am not really sure if this is bunk. Whatever the case may be, a quick Google pulls up tons of hits on the odor-removing magic of steel...

?