surefire l6 vs. a tiablo a9

quatra2008

Newly Enlightened
is a surefire l6 comparable to a tiablo a9? or will the tiablo destroy it in the throw department? id like an l6 for spotting wildlife and far up trails in the hills near my house.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L6 is one of the best lights IMHO Surefire has ever made. It is not however an ultra throw light like the A9...nor is it close to being as bright. It is much more rugged...but I would be very sad if I ever dropped one though!

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're after an L6 then I suggest you purchase one quickly, as they have been discontinued by SureFire. Some dealers still have stock of them, but once they're gone...they're gone for good.

Regards,
Tempest

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
The stock KL6 is more of a short range kind of light. I had to change the Luxeon emitter on the KL6 to a SSC P4 to get decent throw out of it.

The A9 will out throw the KL6 by a huge margin.

Get the A9 if you want good throw.

Last edited:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
The L6 is not a throw light, it is a medium distance "ram of light" type of light. It is a great light, but unfortunately it uses the old LuxV that is outclassed by the newer emitters.

You Tiablo will most likely (don't have one myself) be brighter and will definitely outthrow it. The L6 is easy to mod though if you can do such things yourself.

Unfortunately it is discontinued and not updated it seems.

bernie

Hog

Newly Enlightened
I have an L6 that is a great light, I will never part with it, upgrade maybe.
Outdoors still seems to be incan territory. I'm out in the woods alot & carry the L6 but it cant compete with the various incan throwers for spotting wildlife at long distances, I use rechargeables in all lights so it doesn't hurt the wallet as bad. I would buy the L6 anyway you know you want it.:laughing: Depending on how far you want to see at night you might even want to consider a small form HID if you will not be constantly switching it on & off.
Hog

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, the Surefire L6 was my first Surefire, I'll NEVER sell it. I did mod it with a USXOH SSC P4 emitter and it absolutely transformed the beam to something pretty special.

I also agree about getting an incand for outdoor use, especially in any kind of forestation, a Surefire M3 Turbo incand rechargeable setup with 2x17500s is very hard for LEDs to beat!

I have an L6 that is a great light, I will never part with it, upgrade maybe.
Outdoors still seems to be incan territory. I'm out in the woods alot & carry the L6 but it cant compete with the various incan throwers for spotting wildlife at long distances, I use rechargeables in all lights so it doesn't hurt the wallet as bad. I would buy the L6 anyway you know you want it.:laughing: Depending on how far you want to see at night you might even want to consider a small form HID if you will not be constantly switching it on & off.
Hog

Last edited:

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Already been stated, but the A9 will destroy the L6 in the throw department! Not even close....

xd-shawn

Newly Enlightened
get a A9 with the smooth reflector if you want throw, it'll def. get the job done:thumbsup: