Real life stories?

Limey Johnson

Newly Enlightened
I meant to ask about this awhile ago...after seeing it on Surefire's site.

Now, a thread here reminded me...anyplace to exchange stories here?

I have a quick one...happened three nights ago. The GF was driving, and I was enjoying being the passenger. It was pretty late, and the weather wasn't so great. She was complaining about a tailgater. I looked, and also determined this guy was way too close.

My usual tactic in this situation is to slow down slightly without brake lights, then speed back up to the limit. Most of the time, they will get the hint and back off after one or two of these.

After several attempts of my usual way, I was a bit miffed...I decided to shine my 6PL out the back window. Yes, I know, unsafe...but so was he for tailgating. It was not very long before they got the hint and backed off.

Who else may have a true story to tell? Life or death situation involving your flashlight...durability stories...or just a standard story such as mine.

Mods, please move if this is not the proper place for a story.

Last edited:

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need a sticker on my car that says, "I am using Yokohama S.drive tyres, I can stop considerably faster than you."

You have to be careful using flashlights in this manner, although we have all done it. I requested that a passenger use my P1D-CE to warn someone off. My 2D ROP wasn't quite within reach at the time.

But, I did have a nasty incident flashing a motorist with a flashlight. Won't be repeating that in the near future.

True story - I was getting a lecture from the parents on the amount I have spent on flashlights, and then there was a power cut -

Mother: "Mike, can we use one of your torches?"
Me : "You mean one of these waste of money torches?"
Mother: "Err, yes".

I have come across many little incidents that have required a flashlight. I had a neighbour ask me to shine a light onto his roof to check for a lost tile. I pulled my P1D-CE -

Neighbour:"Have you not got anything bigger?"
Me: : [TURN ON FLASHLIGHT IN 'HIGH']
Neighbour:"Oh, err nevermind, can you shine it over there?"

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Hehe...I love it when I pull out something like a Novatac, a TW4, or even a 6P, and people start saying that you need a bigger light just as you turn it on....

:)

-Steve

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hehe...I love it when I pull out something like a Novatac, a TW4, or even a 6P, and people start saying that you need a bigger light just as you turn it on...

I'm looking forward to doing this with my Raw Ti. 160 lumens out of something smaller than a CR2 Ion flashlight will amplify this effect.

I'm sure my girlfriend will be doing the same too, with her Wee NS 80. That's a lot of lumens coming out of something smaller than a CR123A battery.