I hate this forum!

robk

Enlightened
In the past month, I have bought a Lightwave2000, a Reactor2, a BB400, an EverLED, an AT-100 10LED, misc loose LEDs, ICs, parts, and then tonight in a weak moment, I bought a ShoreLight VX2. What is happening to me?
Honestly, I find this stuff very interesting - made 4 home-brew lights with 9200mcd Nichia's running off various combinations of NiMH batteries. Oh yeah, I ordered another 30 NiMH batteries and battery holders last night!
Rob

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, you might be banned for saying that atrocity! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jumping in with both feet aren't you? Isn't it grand or should I say you're on your way to spending a grand!

Have fun.

ufokillerz

Enlightened
only that much?
bought in the past month or so.
SpaceNeedle, Lambda lluminator, ARC SLS, Arc AAA, Arc AAA LE, Surefire G2, Surefire L1, Inova X5T,
Coming soon: ElektroLumens Blaster VI and V, Arc LSH-ST

modded a Mag 6D with 5W SE luxeon , Mag 2C with 5W HD luxeon, 2x Mag 3D with 1W luxeons, 4x NexStar with 5W SE luxeon, 2x mag 3c with 1W luxeons

also bought 10x nichia B1 S rank white leds, 32x 1watt luxeons, 10x 5 watt SE luxeons, meterman lm631 luxmeter, and many other flashlights lying around waiting to be modded. =)

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found out this isn't an addiction therapy forum, huh?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This one only feeds the addiction. At least we keep abreast of new developments in the flashlight world.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's nothing wrong with that. I've bought more stuff in a months time. And NO, I'm not addicted. I don't have to buy those things. In fact, I'm stopping right now...After I buy one more flashlight. Honest, it will definitely be my last.

Bill.H

Enlightened
CM,

This is a very easy addiction to overcome, I've done it a hundred times. I can stop anytime I want. In fact, not buying a flashlight is so easy I do it a couple days each week!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
the only problem that i have is that i am developing tolerance and physical dependence.

with tolerance,i find that i need more and more to get the job done.

with dependence, i find that if my lights are removed from me for any length of time, i start to show definite signs of withdrawal: elevated BP/pulse, agitation, altered LOC, tremors...it looks similar to Delirium tremens, except my right thumb twitches rapidly, as if im trying to trigger a clickie. my pupils also constrict as if looking directly into the beam of a heavily overdriven luxeon.

not gonna detox anytime soon...

Bob

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
That's f***ing funny Pedalinbob!!!
When I was in the hospital for brane surgery, I was without my lights, and I think I had the same symptoms. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Then I got a 5W cyan LS mod, a Clipmate, a bunch of Photon X-Lights, and an Epoch 4, and the symptoms mysteriously vanished!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Does that mean I'm addicted to Flashahol or have some wierd kind of CPF-transmitted disease? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
seek flshaholic experts/surgeons Elektrolumens, Lambda, Mr Bulk, Inretech, ab, etc for immediate counsel.

they can help determine the root of your awful (cool) affliction, and provide you with comfort (while lightening your too-heavy wallet).

and while you are at it, seek a hair dresser! i can see your roots! get that cyan hair back in full swing! (wish i had the ba!!s to do that...)

Bob

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
pedalinbob said:
and while you are at it, seek a hair dresser! i can see your roots! get that cyan hair back in full swing! (wish i had the ba!!s to do that...)

[/ QUOTE ]

Wholly carp Bob, my roots ARE showing!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
I don't often use commercial hairdressers because they're too expensive - but I do need to run to the store for some Miss Clairol bleach, because I'm out!
Colors like this don't transfer well to poop-brown hair so I have to bleach it well first. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

If I take off now, maybe I can get to the store before it closes!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

(Edit) About 35 minutes later, I'm back from the store with the bleach blonde kit. Now I guess I mull over whether to do my whole head or just part of it.
Then I put the color in: hot pink, green, cyan, blue, or all of it like my Color Kinetics lights can display. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I can always wear a baseball hat if it comes out all wrong. :-\

NightShift

Enlightened
The trick is to just wait a *LONG while* and hold yourself back because better lights will come along. So just close your eyes, hold onto your wallet and by the time you open them at the end of the day there will be a new flashlight for you to buy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

robk

Enlightened
I'm glad I'm in good company! I'm still at it - got an ARC AAA in the mail today, you guys are right - pretty amazing for a single AAA cell! Tomorrow, I expect my BB400 (with tailcap switch and glass lens) in, got the mini-mag gutted and ready. Went to Wal-Mart today and couldn't resist the Brinkmann 2D 4 LED - nice spot beam, very white. Also waiting for an EverLED (white) to come, they say they are caught up on shipping.

It seriously is an obsession!
So far: CMG Reactor2, Lightwave2000, ARC AAA, AT-100 10 led, Rebel 4 LED, half a dozen homemade single or double AA with 9200 Nichia's (with simple 1 transistor boosters). Coming in: BB400 and EverLed (haven't decided to put it in an AA Energizer or a 2D Mag) I lean towards the AA because I have 50 NiMH cells looking for a home. Oh yeah, I forgot I ordered a ShoreLight VX2 from GlowBug last night - looks like a nice little pocket light.
Rob

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
when you get the vxs, could you give us a short quick review?

looks like a nice little light.

Bob

Darell

Flashaholic
So the way I've been limiting my purchases is to only covet the all-but-impossible-to-get lights. It has become too easy to pick up the phone, read off my CC number and wait for UPS. NOW, I seek the unique, rare, challenging lights.

Seriously, I've sold off a good chunk of my "retail" collection, and am now building up a collection of all types of nifty non-off-the-shelf stuff. All kinds of ways to have fun with this sport. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

robk

Enlightened
"all-but-impossible-to-get" I equate that with "very expensive", although very nice to have. I figured I'd start out with $30 - $40 units and graduate in the near future when the technology advances. There is some nice stuff out there, but I think there will be a lot more advances made in the coming months (years?)
Rob

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
pedalinbob said:
when you get the vxs, could you give us a short quick review? ...

[/ QUOTE ]
So, what are you sayin'? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Darell said:
So the way I've been limiting my purchases is to only covet the all-but-impossible-to-get lights. It has become too easy to pick up the phone, read off my CC number and wait for UPS. NOW, I seek the unique, rare, challenging lights.

Seriously, I've sold off a good chunk of my "retail" collection, and am now building up a collection of all types of nifty non-off-the-shelf stuff. All kinds of ways to have fun with this sport. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I just had to do a full quote on that because it is filled with such an adroit perception of the good of it all.

A sport? Yes! I'm not a hunter but shooting is for acquisition of food and self protection. It is a sport as well. Appropriate lights will offer protection on many levels. Knowing how to deploy them is key. I practice shoot my lights. I wish there was some local competition. That would be fun. Other appropriate lights allow me to sneak downstairs at night and acquiesce certain excellent morsels.

Unique? I have some dat2zips and Mr. B's. Rare? I have an Elektrolumens 5W RB Blaster VI on the way. All-but-impossible-to-get? Sadly, I missed out on McLux. Challenging? I'm not quite sure what that means but I will pay close attention to find out.

Fun? You bet. I love this stuff. I'm having enormous fun right now watching you sort through all these posts and come up with very good decisions. Add to this, one of the most intelligent people in the world, darell, steps in and graces your thread with these jewels of understanding.

I love this stuff.

If you are still curious about McLux ask darell. He knows.