Art of the Hide 007 & 005 holsters

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Matt is a perfectionist. His holsters are beautiful and very useful if you like to carry your light on your belt. The horizontal holster is so nice because you can turn it on and walk around with it shining forward from your belt by your hip. The horizontal is my favorite for ease of use too because it does not have to be as tight a fit so it is easier to get the light out.

He just started making the 007 models after I sent him a plastic 007 form. The vertical is tight and will not let the light come out easily. Also there are pics of one of the 005 holsters that he makes.

Check out his stuff at http://www.artofthehide.com/

You can pick from many different types of leather, these are ray and croc.

HV2T0623.JPG

HV2T0624.JPG

HV2T0625.JPG

HV2T0626.JPG

HV2T0628.JPG

HV2T0629.JPG

HV2T0631.JPG

HV2T0632.JPG

HV2T0634.JPG

HV2T0636.JPG

Thankyou Matt, I love mine!

Cheers
Dave

cqbdude

Enlightened
Man..those are awesome....

Matt is the man.......and he is so great to deal with also..

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
So does this mean that Matt is going to add the Spy007 holster to his standard range - the first design is incredible matching the light perfectly.

I was keeping my Art of the Hide 005 holster just in case the 007 fitted - time to reconsider.

This has made my day - GREAT WORK MATT!

ibcj

Enlightened
Matt's stuff is top notch. :thumbsup:

I'm guessing that when the 007's are ready, there is going to be a wait for holesters.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
The vegan in me says no. :duck: The flashaholic in me wants to kick the vegan's a$$. :xyxgun:

Dave (and Matt!), that's some sweet flashlight-holdin' action!

:thumbsup: john

m-thew

Newly Enlightened
Thanks all! I have started making frames for the SPY007 holsters. What a pleasure for such a drop dead gorgeous light!
I'll be building both the vertical and horizontal models and it would be a big help if I knew which style was more in demand. And what hides. Please ask or suggest here or drop a line to [email protected] if you'd rather.
Dave, the photos are great! Thank you!
Here is general info on the 2 styles.
*The vertical style is secure and easy to draw and use, AND easy to reinsert with no extra flap in the way. Possibly the better choice if you need to frequently use the light in your hand. Belt loop or clip attachment.
$50 to $95 depending on hide selection.
*The horizontal style is easy to use and lets the light guide your way while holstered. It is a bit more involved to insert and withdraw the light because of the flap. But it's mighty handy. Belt loop attachment only.
$75 to $125 depending on hide selection.
Thanks,
Matt

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
Matt, already sent you an e-mail but failed to specify position -my natural choice would be vertical but the horizontal shown in the pics is just too cool to resist - in rayskin.

Dave Spy & Matt G - What a team! Have you thought about involving Migs (GreenLED) in some lanyard action?

EDIT: Matt changed my mind e-mail sent- I'll try both horiz&vert if that's ok with you;).

Last edited:

mbely2

Enlightened
I always admire Matt's work.... Now I just need to buy 007 to make a good excuse for myself to get a new Matt's holster

Mark

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Data, I was just saying nice things about you but this makes the wait for a Ti Spy 007 beyond a friendly tease to my sad sack flashaholic :whoopin: (that part :eek:) and really chaps my hide! :whoopin: (that part again :eek:) Kenster is sad :(

But maybe not? :whistle:

To be continued! :nana:

Ken :grin2:

Oh BTW,

Howdy Matt! :wave:

HEHE! :naughty:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
. . . ! Have you thought about involving Migs (GreenLED) in some lanyard action? . . .

green, Hodsta has a good idea! What say you? I have a couple requirements. One is it needs a quick release in it so the user can loop it around their belt. Another requirement is I want a slim clean look using para-cord.

This lanyard on 0dBm's light looks great but with the plastic terminator replaced with a Q/R.
CIMG0363.jpg

Data, I was just saying nice things about you but this makes the wait for a Ti Spy 007 beyond a friendly tease to my sad sack flashaholic :whoopin: (that part :eek:) and really chaps my hide! :whoopin: (that part again :eek:) Kenster is sad :(

But maybe not? :whistle:

To be continued! :nana:

Ken :grin2:

Oh BTW,

Howdy Matt! :wave:

HEHE! :naughty:

Are we going to see you in NJ? :poke: :party: :welcome:

Last edited:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got some of Matt's work and it is the best. My trusty 005 sits in one of his vertical models and, I expect my 007 (is THIS one mine in these pics Dave??????) will as well.

Karl

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
:eek:oo: That Califon FlashaFreak deal :nana: that sounds like so much fun :party: again already??? :D Hmmm :thinking: ......... Will MY Ti Spy 007 be waiting for me there? :poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke: If so........

YES!!!!

Me! :wave:

:thinking: :eek:

OK, if you are coming from the far side of the Mississippi and you show up at Milky's PF10 in the Garden State, I will have your 007 waiting for you. :grin2: