E2 due until end of March ?

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was emailing Greg at Brightguy my personal info to preorder the E2 and asked him if he heard any news from SF regarding the release of the light, he says that SF would ship by the end of...March?, maybe I read wrong (I wish)but, have you guys heard anything regarding this?

Thnx.
AlexGT

Bucky

Enlightened
I MAY very well be mistaken here, but I thought that maybe Brightguy was only receiving the hard anodized E2's which are supposed to ship after the gun metal E2's. I think that is why they are expecting their shipment later, because it will be only for hard anodized E2's.

As for the gun metal E2's, I think that they are still expected to ship inside of a week.

Bucky

Tim Flanagan

Newly Enlightened
Actually, the news isn't good: they are still awaiting packaging and it will be at least another two weeks before the E2GM starts shipping- the HA may follow soon after- or may be 2-3 months down the road- stories at SF differ. They all agreed on the delay for shipping however.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

frown.gif

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the packaging is the problem,I know of someone who can get it resolved, I mean Fedex, UPS, etc. they have good nice little packages that move fast and don´t cost the company a nickel to produce.

Forget the SF packaging we don´t use them anyway, GIVE US THE LIGHTS !

Doug

Enlightened
Yeah! Totaly... screw the packaging! Wrap them in buble wrap for all we care, the packaging just goes in the trash anyways!

Speaking of packaging... who else got thier E1 in a plastic bag (GM color, from Botach)?

Doug

Bucky

Enlightened
When I got my E1 instead of the E2 I ordered from ASPI it was in a plastic bag - weird hey. Seemed almost like a re-packaging although it wasn't. What happened to the clam packs and gift boxes?

Bucky

Tim Flanagan

Newly Enlightened
Did your baggie delivery include the battery and instructions or was it a bare light (nothing else in the package)?

Bucky

Enlightened
Tim, the E2 came in a plastic bag that was bipartited with one section holding the light and the instructions and the other holding a shrink-wrapped DL123A. It looked as if it came from SureFire, it just surprised me.

Bucky

Size15's

Flashaholic
Bucky, don't you mean the E1 instead of the E2 you thought you were getting?

I'm all for minimal "protective" packaging!
Certainly if I walk into a shop, It'd be nice to have a clam-packed with colourful inlay... For "display" purposes atleast...

The minimal utility packing gives SureFire a tougher "to-be-used" feel rather than a "This-should-be-kept-in-the-packaging-you-bought-it-in" impression!

When I ordered from Botach [never again], I got the same heavy-duty plastic (heat-sealed I think) just like the replacement Lamp Modules etc. The E1, M2 and stuff I bought from a shop came in this clam-pack which was a real pain to open.

The gift boxes and the "Owner Handbooks" are classy though... When I buy SureFire's for gifts, I'll get 'em...

Bucky

Enlightened
Yeah, I guess that the packaging that my *E1* came in was just like the heavy-duty plastic packaging that the lamps come in. That is the perfect way to describe it.

Bucky

Tim Flanagan

Newly Enlightened
If it was just the plain light with nothing else, it would have been the distributor sample package. As it came with batteries and instructions...I have no idea why you got yours like that. Did the bag have a folded cardboard flap with the SF logo and part number on it? Every E1 I have ordered has come in either the plastic clamshell or the more recent gift box version. I've never had a light come in a baggie- just lamps, batteries and accessories.

Bucky

Enlightened
It came in a plastic bag that is just like the ones the lamps come in with a white SureFire sticker on the top with red and black writing on it. There was no cardboard flap that I recall seeing.

Also, the Gun Metal E1 they mistakenly sent me was one of the 2001 models with the "gussets" in the bezel.

Bucky

D

**DONOTDELETE**

How much will the E2 cost when it comes out?
That looks like a real nice light.

I kind of like the E1 too. Nice small light. Any comments on it from thoes who own one?
Where did you guys buy the E1? I don't see it on Brightguy's website and I would like to order from them again as I got the last flashlight from them very fast.

Skyline

Enlightened
Email [email protected] or call them at 888.881.1908 and ask about the E1. I'm not sure if they have this in stock, but they can get any SureFire product or part in 2-3 days.

BrightGuy is the best.
smile.gif

/mel

Bucky

Enlightened
Al, I *HAD* the new Gun Metal E1 for about a day until I sent it back to ASPI for a refund because I had ordered an E2.

As of now I do not have a new GM E1, only an old GM E1.

Sorry for any confusion.

Bucky

Skyline

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Am I right in thinking that the clip is now removeable with one of Alan's Keys?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the new E1 (in HA with four teardrop dimples in the bezel). Indeed, the clip is held by a hex screw, suitable for removal with an Allen Key.

I didn't realize the original E1 wasn't attached in the same fashion. Is it held by a rivet?

Btw, I agree the E1 is a neat little light. I'm sure the Gun Metal is very nice, but I'm sold on the tough-but-inconspicuous Hard Anodized.

/mel

Size15's

Flashaholic
Bucky, Do you have the NEW E1?
Am I right in thinking that the clip is now removeable with one of Alan's Keys?

Brad,
The E1 is superb! I will be buying more. I'll even be buying them for gifts. This is a high honour (not because I don't give gifts
tongue.gif
but) because I only give gifts that are the highest quality, and usually very useful. I'll stand by my gifts. I use the same products.

I don't want to be known for giving sh*t gifts.

Al

The E1 will not disappoint you.