Help Needed With Rogers Flashlight Techique

BruiseLee

Enlightened
Can someone please explain to me the Rogers Technique? I see it illustrated on one page of my 2003 Surefire catalogue. For the life of me I can't figure out how it works. For those of you who are completely lost, it's a technique to use a flashlight with your service pistol.

Now I've got a Glock and a Surefire, just like in the photo, and I just can't see how you can operate both the flashlight and the gun properly using the technique. It seems you hold the light using just 2 fingers of your weak hand. I believe you are supposed to press the light backwards into your palm(?) in order to switch the light on.

Well, for one thing, to me the light never lines up to where the gun is pointing. Number two, it seems like using this grip, I am making a major sacrifice in control of my weapon. I can only conclude that I am doing it all wrong.

I was taught and understand the Harries Technique, which to me seems much more intuitive and natural.

So, can someone please explain and/or post pictures on the proper way to execute this technique? Or, can someone post a link to somewhere else on the web where this is clearly illustrated?

Muchas Gracias

Bruise

B@rt

Flashaholic
You can try here . It is a very brief explanation though... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

FlashlightGrip.jpg

Latest posts