Mag switch problem

M.S

Enlightened
Hi

I just built a 3C mag with DHS heatsink, seoul and 5-mode driver from Kai. It works nicely, I get 1A/300mA/120mA current drain from the batteries.
But I got strange problem too, pressing the switch changes modes 2-3 times, so I can't get to the mode I want easily.
Earlier I built similar mag from 3D and switching the modes was easy on that. I don't have it here now, but I remember that I could press the switch while it was on and it would change modes without turning completely off. Can't do it with this one...
Could the switch be opened and tweaked somehow ? I tried the search but didn't find anything...

M.S

Enlightened
I actually got the switch out, but I couldn't figure out how to open the switch assembly. I tried other driver and it was just the same, so I had to use one mode driver. It seems impossible to open the switch without breaking it...?

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
Be very carefull, and take a razor blade and force it into the seam running all the way down the sides. Pry up just a little, the go to the other side and do the same so the halfs open up equally. If you are carefull, you won't breat one of the plastic pins.

There is a good picture here:https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1822760&postcount=6

DSC00306.jpg

Mr_Light

Enlightened
I have the same issue with the switch in my Mag3C. I put a DX 3 Cree module in it http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9358 which has a driver that cycles from one to three CREEs on and then back to off. The problem is that there is a momentary disconnect in the switch when it is locking in the on position. I haven't noticed this behaviour in any of my D Mags with multi-mode dirivers. This has made this light unuseable since you can never go through less than two modes every time you turn it on and off. It is now a single mode light where the momentary when turning it on isn't a problem.

M.S

Enlightened
Aircraft800: Thanks for the picture, now I could get it open if I knew what to do with the internals...
Mr_Light: it seems that the C-switch does this normally then... I tested my D light and it works perfectly. I'm probably going to keep the C light one mode. It's pretty bright with 700mAh current and I should get few hours runtime with nimh batteries.

Thanks

Mikko

Last edited: