1000 Lumens Mag Production Inquiry

XPLRN

Newly Enlightened
I sent a deposit on one 3 weeks ago. Mac indicated that the light should be shipped within 2 weeks of the deposit.

Paul, the other thread is locked. :)

Thanks also for answering the previous question about why I started a new thread.....locked thread equals no more posting capability!! :thinking: I'd PM'ed Mac previously and no response so I decided to place a query here on his forum to find out what's happening.

Thanks for the heads up that production is in motion. Your #16 and I'm #35 on the list sooo sometime in the future I'll be looking forward to hearing from Mac. :twothumbs

Has anyone else in the pre- #16 list received their light yet and if so what is your feedback on it!??? Beam shots?? :thinking::popcorn:

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suspect that no one has received one, otherwise we would have seen some braggarts posting reviews and so forth. :grin2: I could be wrong.

I have another of Mac's lights ("The Torch") and the workmanship is first rate. Its such a pleasure, for example, to have a Mag-lite with smooth tail threads that you don't have to wrestle with.

just for fun

Newly Enlightened
I talked to Mac a couple days ago and he is working on a bunch of lights (no idea what) Also if you look in the machining and materials you will see Mac has been dealing with machine issues the last couple weeks. Mac knows we ALL want his lights and I am sure he will get to everyone in due time... After all if he turned this stuff out in large numbers would we wait, desire or covet them nearly as much ??

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lights started shipping last week. The lights with the colors I had in stock and required no finning or fluting shipped first. The Fluted lights are delayed until I received the heads back from the CNC machine shop which should be early next week.

XPLRN you pm was received yesterday! I closed the thread as I only have parts for 20 lights and the response was overwhelming.

Mac

Last edited:

XPLRN

Newly Enlightened
XPLRN you pm was received yesterday! I closed the thread as I only have parts for 20 lights and the response was overwhelming.
Mac

Nice to know the PM made the trip. Any probability that you might procure more light engines or is the light run going to be set at a quantity of 20??

Last edited:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice to know the PM made the trip. Any probability that you might procure more light engines or is the light run going to be set at a quantity of 20??

That all depends on the availability of the Ostar LED's. My supplier is currently out of them and the reflectors have been on order for 3 months.

Mac

XFlash

Enlightened
I got mine Saturday, and let me say is worth the wait. Has a wonderfull flood type beam, with hot spot in center. Talk about a wall of light, just amazing, and in such a small package. The beam is perfect, even for white wall hunters, if it doesn't scorch the paint. Machining is just as allways with Mac's work flawless.
Thanks Mac
:whistle:

Last edited:

XPLRN

Newly Enlightened
That all depends on the availability of the Ostar LED's. My supplier is currently out of them and the reflectors have been on order for 3 months.

Mac

Thank-you for the update! Hopefully things will work out with the suppliers and everyone on the list will be able to get one of the lights!:twothumbs

nitnapz

Enlightened
she's at the mall to be picked up, but i'll post again with first thoughts. Here are my cells from AW.
IMG00275.jpg

nitnapz

Enlightened
here is my BLUE-tiful sleeper. mac needs to assign his creation a name.

i'm still messing around with the driver, i hope i figure it out, anyone here could simplify it for me ? i think it is the madflex

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool :)

As for the Driver.......

Hold button down and it will ramp up each level until it reaches the highest level(5). A quick press will then turn the light off. Another quick press will turn the light back on to the last level it was turned off at.

If you turn the light on any level other than high and leave it on for a couple seconds it now locked at that level. If you press and hold the button for 1 seconds it will instantly go to level 5, another press for 1 second will bring the light back to the previous level.

Mac

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man...i am so in for one if it b/c's avail. Perhaps even a 3xRCR123 shorty version?