Where to buy eneloops online?

mighty82

Enlightened
I'm living in Norway, and I buy all my flashlight stuff and many other things online from stores in usa, china, uk and so on. But I mostly buy from places that offer free shipping (or cheap shipping).

I am trying to find a place where i can buy some packs of eneloops, but I simply can't find a store that have both low priced batteries and low priced shipping. I found cheap batteries on thomasdistributing.com, but I can't possibly pay 40 dollars for shipping a pack of batteries that costs 9 dollars! :thumbsdow

Does anyone have an idea where I can find some eneloops for a good price, and that can be shipped to norway for a reasonable price?

Last edited:

Wicho

Enlightened
If you only want one pack of 4, it sounds like you might be better off just buying them locally instead of mail order half way around the world. Unless, of course, they cost $50 in Norway. :cool:

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like the typical price for Eneloops in Europe is the equivalent of US$25 for 4. I found a site in Denmark selling for that price (129 DKK) and looked like free shipping in Denmark, but I don't know what the shipping would be to Norway.

You could try Amazon UK, which seems to have them at £12.70 for 4, £19.76 for 8, and free shipping in the UK. Again I don't know the shipping to Norway, but it might not be that much.

Can you find no on-line merchants in Norway? I found one that had Sanyo 2500 cells, but they didn't seem to have Eneloops.

(It looks like anyone who is not able to buy stuff priced in $$$ is getting ripped off.)

Last edited:

mighty82

Enlightened
Well, the the cheapest price I found in norway was 170kr or 31 dollars. Even the cheapo 2400 cells costs about 24dollars here. So there is a lot of money to be saved on stuff like that. I'm actually thinking of buying 2 packs of aa batteries and 2 packs of aaa batteries for starters.

Edit: I know they have them at dealextreme, but they are expensive there compared to other places. I might buy the recyko batteries though, if I can't find the eneloops elswhere.

Last edited:

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know they have them at dealextreme, but they are expensive there compared to other places.
It looks like DealExtreme will sell 3 or more packs for $16.80 including shipping. That's a good price. It's very little more than the usual retail price in the USA (which tends to be $13-$16 if you don't find a special discount).

mighty82

Enlightened
It looks like the typical price for Eneloops in Europe is the equivalent of US$25 for 4. I found a site in Denmark selling for that price (129 DKK) and looked like free shipping in Denmark, but I don't know what the shipping would be to Norway.

You could try Amazon UK, which seems to have them at £12.70 for 4, £19.76 for 8, and free shipping in the UK. Again I don't know the shipping to Norway, but it might not be that much.

Can you find no on-line merchants in Norway? I found one that had Sanyo 2500 cells, but they didn't seem to have Eneloops.

(It looks like anyone who is not able to buy stuff priced in $$$ is getting ripped off.)

I guess amazon would be great, but they don't want to ship the batteries to norway, for some reason. And dealextreme doesn't have tha aaa batts.

It looks like anyone who is not able to buy stuff priced in $$$ is getting ripped off
I KNOW!! :laughing: Thats why I have packages coming from dx and other stores about every day :broke:

Last edited:

Wicho

Enlightened
Costco here in the US sells them for $25.99 for 8 AA, 4AA and a charger. $18.99 for 6AA and 4AAA if memory serves (but maybe it's 2 AAA). Of course, plus sales tax for me (8%, I think - I never really pay attention).

If you want, I can buy them for you and ship to you via US 1st class mail (usually cheapset) or however you want. It would cost you whatever the batteries cost me, the shipping, and 5% for PayPal since they charge right around that for foreign currency transactions.

Let me know if it interests you.

mighty82

Enlightened
Costco here in the US sells them for $25.99 for 8 AA, 4AA and a charger. $18.99 for 6AA and 4AAA if memory serves (but maybe it's 2 AAA). Of course, plus sales tax for me (8%, I think - I never really pay attention).

If you want, I can buy them for you and ship to you via US 1st class mail (usually cheapset) or however you want. It would cost you whatever the batteries cost me, the shipping, and 5% for PayPal since they charge right around that for foreign currency transactions.

Let me know if it interests you.

That would be very kind of you to help out a fellow cpf'er :), I will send you a pm. :)

Last edited:

Wicho

Enlightened
Make that 8AA, 4AAA and a charger for $25.99 I just realized I posted 8AA and 4AA - well, that wouldn't make much sense now, would it? Hehehe...

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm guessing that Sanyo charger has a fold-out US two pin plug? Also not all of them are universal voltage (230 V in Norway).

mighty82

Enlightened
Yes, i guess that is correct. But i don't need the charger anyways, i've got the bc-900 charger plus a few other quick chargers :)

paulr

Flashaholic
Try amazon.de I've gotten books shipped from them to other european countries. I haven't tried batteries though.

Bones

Enlightened
Here is a Google search that should work for eBay sites employing the english language that specifically targets eneloop sellers who will ship to Norway:

http://www.google.com ... Search

This is the actual string I used, which can be customized by inserting another item and/or country in place of eneloop and/or norway:

eneloop norway OR worldwide inurl:ebay

Just copy it to the Google search window and amend it there.