• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Cree/SSC Sandwich for a Mini-Mag?

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it possible to change the emitter on a Nexgen 750ma sandwich for a MM with a SSC P4? This would be replacing the TWOJ emitter. Would this set up be brighter?:party:

If so, would I need a different optic or reflector?
Also, can I order that way direct from the Shoppe?
Would it be better to order the UX1J and be done with it?

Last edited:

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might make myself clearer. As of this time, Terralux has a Cree drop-in with a premium LED. The main problem with the Terralux is it can't be driven hard because it has no heatsink. The output is a bit puny.
If a Cree Pill can be made for the Mini-Mag, the LED could be pushed hard and the heat would go to the body and head of the flashlight.
If what I think is true, the SSC/Cree can put out more lux than a Luxeon at the same vf.
Did I explain myself any better? Is the Terralux the brightest mod for a MM?:anyone:

As a side note, I have nowhere the skills to make one for myself and I stand in awe of what you good people can do with a LED.:goodjob:

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are no Cree sandwiches at the moment. Only using Luxeon or Seoul for current sandwiches.

A custom sandwich can be ordered. You'll need to order the converter board, emitter plus connector, LED and then order the BK item to have it custom assembled.

Wayne