How do you display your collection ??

My3kidsfather

Enlightened
Ok, I have ordered a few and the ones already here are starting to lay around a bit. As I already have a workshop I am shamelessly wondering what sort of wood constructed displays you may have. What criteria would be important for display and instant use of a growing number of flashlights?

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Displays- You have Nice Wood Display?

I don't have a display case yet. I have my lights stashed all over the house. It would be nice to have a case to put some of the nice ones in but I've not found any as of yet.
Do you have a link to any stores that have cases for sale?

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

Take a look at the mini-mag collection here, there are a few display cases that show off individual collections. I believe most of these are custom built. I made a cabinet for my stuff, not a display, but it holds them.

Try hunting around on the internet for display cabinets,

100_2623.jpg

loving light

Newly Enlightened

Hi,I was looking for a ceramic knife over at bed bath and beyond's web sight,and clicked on the clearance section then hit Gift and a nice looking Burlwood deluxe pencase came up it's dimensions are 8.3 inches wide 6 inches deep and 3.8 inches high,it even has a glass window and it is 8.99.I thought it was a good deal,but a little too specialized to put in the good deals section.I thought a solitare collector might have use for this.Sorry if this is inapropiate for this section,just wanted to share.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

Under $10 - real burl wood, not likely. I have seen similar boxes, they might be fiber board with a printed covering to look like burl wood. But then, for under $10, how wrong can you go. Something like that it is best to see the actual item.

loving light

Newly Enlightened

sorry Punisher I do not know how to enter a link,if you just go to Bed Bath and Beyond,go to clearance section hit gifts it should come up.

loving light

Newly Enlightened

Thank You Will,I really need to learn how to properly use the forum's features.

THE PUNISHER

Newly Enlightened

Thanx for the link,you think some one here could make a cool display............:D

THE PUNISHER

Newly Enlightened

TRY PITPAL,itz a aluminum storage shelf,it looks cool not sure if i can post a web here...............................:nana:

precisionworks

Flashaholic

Jim & Linda Cox make the most beautiful, durable, attractive & functional case available. I looked at many before buying from them, and thought hard about making one in my shop. In the end, I bought his largest, a 24x54 in black walnut. My son bought a smaller one.

Because of the fitment of the foam, guns, knives, lights, etc., are securely held in place, and can be rearranged instantly.

Like Surefire, not the least expensive, just the best you can find.

http://www.coxcustomcases.com/

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

Because of the fitment of the foam, guns, knives, lights, etc., are securely held in place, and can be rearranged instantly.

http://www.coxcustomcases.com/

Does this type of case use the glass to press the item into the foam to hold it in place? Rearangement is done by removing it from the wall, lying it down flat, then opening it ?

They are nice looking cases...

precisionworks

Flashaholic

will,

That is exactly how the Cox case functions. There isn't a great deal of pressure between foam & glass, but there is enough to hold items when the case is hung vertically on the wall. You can also switch the color of the display cloth easily - it is a lightweight fabric, nothing special about it.

If you look at his show schedule, he travels quite a bit. So it is possible to pick up a case at a show & save shipping charges.

JohnB

Newly Enlightened
How do you display you collection?

While doing shows I have been playing around with different ideas looking for the best way to display my lights to customers. I have seen some knife displays that look like they will work well so we are considering using them. I am wondering what everyone else does? How do you display your collection?

Thanks
John

Team Member

Enlightened
Re: How do you display you collection?

I have a large display stand for my lights. It´s not very movable but it always impress people who visits me :thumbsup: "Ooh f*ck.." have I heard a few times now.

:grin2:

displayskpqi4.jpg

Sometimes I put up some knives on display..
displayskpknivarit6.jpg

:D

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

:faint:

OMG!

Ok who do i have to bribe to get one of those display cabinets.
Id give my left arm for one of those,and im left handed.
:sssh:

Very nice setup you have there neighbour:nana:
And nice collection of lights and knifes.

:wave:
Benny

Team Member

Enlightened

Thanks Morpheus!

You will probably need both your arms because these cabinets weighs a few pounds....or alot...

Hopefully I will have one of the smaller display cabinets soon..:whistle:

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very impressive, Team Member :)

Do you have any closeups of the flashlights inside the case, like you do for the knives?

Regards,
Tempest