Confused after reading here-help for new buyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

starstreak

Newly Enlightened
Hi!
I own a Surfire U2. Love it. 100 Lumens. Awsome. Then I saw the pictures of this small flashlight called Lumins RAW/NS. But after reading here, I'm a bit lost. Are there MORE than just those two versions? Like for example: RAW NS mk2 or something?

Reading the forums it seems I could request xtra Tritium bars to be added to the flashlights? 1-5 of 'em? But I don't see that on the ordering pages? Also, how are they oriented on the unit? Pics?

Also the RAW NS is "Son of raw" BUT is it the better unit? Its smaller, has o-rings, but uses a "smaller" battery, BUT has same runtime? And same 160 Lumens?

Also, it says 160 Lumens, but the write ups all say 100 lumens? and runtime is 12minutes? But yet the specs say 25mins on high? I take it ir drops (lumens) fast. so even if it lasted 15mins, I might be looking at 160lumens for 1minute, by 5mins its down to 100?

Am I going to have issues ordering this with the Tritium bars here to Hawaii?
I love that people say they are bright! I wouldn't mind sticking like 5 (or 10.lol) of em on the flashlight just so I could use that in case the battery died. :)

Also, being that I would use this as a secondary unit, how long will the battery last in the unit if unused before discharging?

Any ideas how long it will take to get to Hawaii?

Oh more questions. :)

I see on your "In stock Post" new model in 2008? Is the new model out now?

When ordering the RAW NS, when it says I can remove the extra battery charger, and I goto the place order, it says NO CHARGER. Does that mean the removing the charger is only meant for those who own one already?

Cree XR-E I take it is th newest lowest power/highest output LED out now? I noticed that the RAW says with WG tint? Whats that? And does the NS have that WG tint?

Thanks for any quick response. :)

Long story short, I want a light that's small, very bright for defensive and dark room useage and lower setting to find my way to the car or something. And yours was the first with those Tritium bars. I want that for the cool factor. heh.

Last edited:

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Responded via email. I'll close this thread as the answers are in other places.

Status
Not open for further replies.