WriteRight bargain, maybe...

Greg_M

Newly Enlightened
I have been reading posts on this forum for a few months. Decided to register and this is my first post.
After reading about the benefits of WriteRight I decided to buy some & try it.
I went to my local Wal-Mart, couldn't find any and asked if they carried it. The sales clerk directed me to three packs in a bin marked "Closeout".
I picked one & went to check out.
It rang up for a dollar!!! Wow!!! I stared at the $15 to $20 packet, (depending where you buy it), as I walked out to my car. I went back in and bought the other two...
That's the good news.
The three I had were for older monochrome PDA's so they are textured, which you would use to smooth out a ringy beam.
I decided to check out another Wal-Mart and find some for a color PDA so I could also use it as a lens protector.
Here's the bad news.
Over the weekend I checked five other stores in my surrounding community, (I live in NW Indiana). They were all out. Two clerks said they no longer carry PDA Accessories and it had been a few months since they had any WriteRight.
I can't believe I got the last three WriteRight's in the country...
So, if you are looking to buy some, check your local Wal-Mart any you might get lucky. (If you don't see it, ask, as it might be hidden in a corner).
Good luck!

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome, Greg! I found the same bargain about 6 months ago at walmart. You'll find it to be great stuff for any flashlight with a marginal beam.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome aboard, Greg! I have WriteRight on every incandescent flashlight I own that has a smooth reflector, and on some "marginal" ones that have textured reflectors, too. It's GREAT stuff!

PJD

...BTW, hang on to your wallet, 'cause it's gonna be a bumpy ride!!!

Michael

Newly Enlightened
Heads up for fans of Writeright. Just picked up a pack (12 sheets) of the stuff for monochrome pda's at RadioShack here in Cambridge, MA on clearance for $2.97. Will give it try tonight on my legacy Mags. The clearance may be nationwide, but I'm not sure.

Michael

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm guessing that WriteRight is better than Scotch Satin tape at smoothing out the beam, but at the expense of reducing the light a little more. Is that wright or rrong? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I put the tape on a bunch of my lights with good results. There are a few that had horrible beams and the tape helped but didn't get rid of all the artifacts. Would WriteRight be better for those?