Which one?

Matteblack

Newly Enlightened
Looking at two knives at the moment, and not sure which one I like better. Two different styles, but would appreciate any info on either!
First one is the Benchmade Vex. Model 10750BP.

Second is the Spyderco Kiwi.

Thanks in advance!

J!m

Newly Enlightened
I don't know those specific knives, but I have a Benchmade, and it is excellent.:thumbsup:

If I may suggest, regardless of the knife you choose (Kershaw is not a bad brand either) try to get a good quality steel for the blade.

I have found the D2 steel to be excellent for knives, and my Benchmade is a D2 blade. (note the D2 steel rusts easier as well- so keep it lightly oiled)

I also have an older Kershaw assisted opening folder, and the blade on that (440C I think) does not hold an edge anywhere near as well as the Benchmade with the D2 steel.

Overall build quality of the Benchmade is slightly better than the Kershaw as well; however other than the blade, the Kershaw is a fine ECD knife. The Spydeco knives have a strong following, and are well respected. My personal opinion leans heavily toward the Benchmade, as I feel the quality and attention to detail is slightly better in general than Spydeco knives, considering the price range. You can certainly do better than Benchmade; however you will pay for it...:broke:

Matteblack

Newly Enlightened
I know what you mean about paying for it! I recently unloaded a Microtech folder that had not been getting used. It was a gorgeous knife with a satin blade finish, and sharp as hell, but you know that the first time you use it, it will be scratched bad. I normally make everything I buy a user, but since it was a discontinued model, I just couldn't do it. Had to let it go. Only good thing is, in the shape it was in, I sold it for more than I originally paid!