Oh No....I found out, there will be a X-Files Reunion...... A 2nd Movie!

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
WARNING... <RANT ON>

OK, I am openly admitting my nerdom here (as if the flashlight thing wasn't bad enough :thumbsup:), that I was probably one of the biggest X-Files fans (aka X-Phile) on the planet. I was such a big fan that I named two of my pets.. "Scully" and "Queequeg", because Scully from the show had a pet named Queequegg.

The X-Files had to be one of the best shows on TV until the last season and half. By that time it was clearly obvious that they had complete run out of ideas, the actors and producers were tired and they had stretched the government conspiracy plot so thin, there was just no way to get it back on track.

Then that freakin' jerk Chris Carter let all of us fans down by coping out and wrapping up the entire series up in a half-baked series finally that left all X-Files fans just disgusted.:barf:

Chris Carter also let us down with his other outstanding venture, Millenium. But that's another rant I could go off on.

So all these years later, I now discover that since all the folks (i.e. David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson and Frank Spotniz) all that left the show in shambles to "persue their carreers" (note scathing sarcasm here!) have decided to dust off this poor dead, beaten show in order to try and to squeeze a few extra bucks out of old faithful fans! Hey David, your not a good actor.... your Mulder from the X-Files. Us fisherman have a great saying that crosses to this perfectly well..... "Never leave fish, to find fish." That means when you find a school of fish, don't get greedy and head out to find more or bigger. Enjoy the school that you did find and work with what you have because chances are, your not going to find that other school.

On top of that, they are supposedly keeping details of the plot secret, but it will be a "stand alone" movie about some sort of paranormal activity. Who gives a flying...... The conspiracy stuff was the best part of the show!!!:banghead::whoopin:

Hollywood is simply disgusting and will do absolutely anything for buck.

Hey Chris Carter.... give it up, the show is dead! :dedhorse:

You'd have strap me in a chair and force me (aka Clockwork Orange) to watch this new POS. :xyxgun::knight::hairpull::banned:

whew....<rant off>

Dissappointed :sigh:,
MSax

katsyonak

Enlightened
Well, I too was a big X-Files fan and I only missed two aired episodes (which I've seen much later on DVDs).
IMO there is no doubt that the X-Files is a classic and was one of the best shows ever created in it's genre, so as such it shouldn't be touched.
Of course Hollywood's greed is there and always will be, but some of these people didn't have a decent job ever since the show and I guess they do need the money (Although I did like David Duchovny in Californication and I think it was a good different show and also a nice comeback).
I will always remember the X-Files for it's good seasons and try to forget about the not-so-good ones of it's demise, and this movie wont change that :)

Last edited:

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife and I started watching during season 3 and have all the DVD's and are going through and watching them once again. I've known about the movie for a year or so now, and have confidence it won't suck. I know it won't have all of the charm of the first 4-5 seasons of the original show and won't deal with any of the mythology so prevalent in the show, but Mulder and Scully still have chemistry that works, and if done right, it should be a good return to the old days.

I don't see it as trying to squeeze the old fans out of more money, after all, it will be a total flop if they can't make it appeal to a wider audience than just the original loyal fanbase. There aren't that many of us out there.