cheap 2AA light as gift

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for some CHEAP gift lights which alkalines can be used in. Most lights are high power, so useless with alks, so i'll be modding- probably 350ma to the emitter, enough to impress but enough to conserve alks. It'll be two or three lights at most, so I won't get too bored of it. I was looking at this but i'm thinking there may be some focussing problems, as the stock emitter looks to be an old lux.
However, the thing I like about it is the anti-roll bezel, and the fact that it looks nice (important as a gift light ;))

Any other ideas?

edit: mag's aren't an option, as they're hideously expensive in the UK.

Last edited:

meuge

Enlightened
I'm looking for some CHEAP gift lights which alkalines can be used in. Most lights are high power, so useless with alks, so i'll be modding- probably 350ma to the emitter, enough to impress but enough to conserve alks. It'll be two or three lights at most, so I won't get too bored of it. I was looking at this but i'm thinking there may be some focussing problems, as the stock emitter looks to be an old lux.
However, the thing I like about it is the anti-roll bezel, and the fact that it looks nice (important as a gift light ;))

Any other ideas?

edit: mag's aren't an option, as they're hideously expensive in the UK.
Ultrafire C3 perhaps?