rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
KD SMO Reflector
LuxLuthor's 15.6v Pack
Osram 64623 bulb
Kai's High Temp Socket Kit
Mag 4D body unbored.
Standar Mag Switch.

Using standar switch already burn some papers :) will do some resistance fix later.

This light is screaming bright!!

some screenshots.

M@g 623
eFtwGSd.jpg

not sure how far the trees are but roughly about >30meters

and a video to show some paper burning love :twothumbs
http://www.vimeo.com/740114

thanks.

Last edited:

IcantC

Enlightened
Wow looks great. Nice job! What is the run time on that badboy?

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
honestly i dont know probably about 15 minutes?

Am i in the right place Mod? should have been in the Homemade thread?

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
Am i in the right place Mod? should have been in the Homemade thread?
Nothing wrong with leaving it here, I think.

'Homemade & Mods' is a good place for discussion on how to build lights, and the building process itself. Finished ones fit well in here. It's not always a clear-cut difference, and some threads would fit in fine in more than one section.

If no modified lights at all were allowed in this section, it would be almost empty!

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
That makes me happy to see you enjoying it and finally got it overseas. I used this setup on his...and I put it inside of a PVC tube to protect during shipping. Using Priority Mail International Envelope rate it ended up taking all this time since I mailed on Feb 5th. Basically 4 stacks of 3 + 4/5 SubC, but it all fit in a stock 4D.

(Thumbnail
)

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just to let you know guys, Lux packed the whole thing extremely safe and well thought out. It is arrived safely from the State to Indonesia :) So if you are looking for custom made pack you know who's to contact :D

That makes me happy to see you enjoying it and finally got it overseas. I used this setup on his...and I put it inside of a PVC tube to protect during shipping. Using Priority Mail International Envelope rate it ended up taking all this time since I mailed on Feb 5th. Basically 4 stacks of 3 + 4/5 SubC, but it all fit in a stock 4D.

(Thumbnail
)

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
What charger is used to charge the cells in this light? I've wanted to put together a Mag623 for quite a while now, but after seeing this thread I REALLY want one!

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
For about a year after joining here, I just used a universal NiMH charger like the ones shown in 3rd row of pix & linked below in 1st post of my battery pack thread, and I send a set of magnet wires that stick on the end of battery pack that you aligator clip onto.

I just got a note back from Taboot that the 15.6V pack I made for his 64623 setup worked hot off the charger with AW's D Driver with 3 setting brightness.

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
Replaced 623 with Osram 633(15v 150w), seems to be the same brightness and still retains its paper burning ability. It might be a good alternative to 623 since i cant get it locally and doesnt insta-flash with freshly charged battery which is a bonus.

Since 623 is overdriven @15.6 is about 150w which is the same as 633 @15.v is that why i get the same brightness?

thanks.