Shot 4 times, and still smiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigcozy

Enlightened
You guys see this, Royal Marine shot in the helmet four times and no problems. Kevlar must be getting better...

Bad link, see below.

PS - Way to kick *** Brits!!!

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even from the British sometimes things are lost in the translation. They talk about him "passing out" and of course they mean graduating, but for me it sounded like he passed out!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! I don't know if I'd still be smiling if I were shot in the head 4 times...

That's one lucky dude!

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Must have been pistol rounds, or some crappy 30 year old AK stuff.
I think I'd be smiling after getting shot 4 times in the head and still alive. If it wasn't for the headache, I think I'd be doing the dance of joy!

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just watching a US soldier being interviewed on TV, he was one of four injured when their vehicle was hit by a RPG.

Towards the end of the interview he made this quote which made me chuckle:

"Getting shot at wasn't that bad, getting shot sucks"

Great sense of humor for someone who'd just been literally blown out of a truck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

bigcozy

Enlightened
I saw a post on another forum that said a US soldier got shot by a AK in the helmet and it resisted it also, I believe it was in Grenada. Judging by how old the AK's appear to be in pictures, I would think these are 7.62X39's. I have shot all the way through steel wheels and concrete blocks with my MAK-90, so I am impressed.

x-ray's comment got me thinking. I have always maintained that my grandfather's WWII generation were ten times tougher than any of mine. But it looks like we got some real guys over there. I continue to be impressed by the British forces, not that I am suprised, just didn't know anything about them.

I appreciate the effort of all those that allow me to sleep every night knowing my freedom is secure.

Albany Tom

Enlightened
The British forces in Korea were apparently very impressed with the US Marines, and vice versa. I can't remember the source, but a British officer of that era made a comment about the US troops in Korea being a bit soft, and undisciplined. He was asked about the Marines, and replied something to the effect of "No, not at all. I would fight along side the US Marines at any time."

No idea if that's why they are working together now, as they were during the Gulf War. It could just be because the forces complement each other well. British tanks are one of the most heavily armored in the world, but not as fast as ours. Probably more in line with the Marine's tracked APC's which I'm guessing are slower than the Army's. They both fly Harriers, too.

British forces in general seem to have a reputation for going forward slowly, but never going backwards. I wouldn't want to have either group looking for me. They're both nuts - in a good way.

dark star

Enlightened
Marines are also known as jarheads, they may not notice if they got hit in the head. I never did met one that was at all bright. If they had any smarts they wouldn't become Marines !

Empath

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
dark star said:
I never did met one that was at all bright.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might have forgotten the smilie. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
dark star said:
Marines are also known as jarheads, they may not notice if they got hit in the head. I never did met one that was at all bright. If they had any smarts they wouldn't become Marines !

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmm.... you did forget the little "just kidding" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif and /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif .... right?

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
From the sampling of Marines I've known, I would also recommend the "just kidding" and a smiley or two with the jarhead comment. Not all of them have a sense of humor about that - or you can just say something bad about the Navy, that almost always helps with a Marine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Pat

dark star

Enlightened
No - I stand by what I said !! And I was one of the most stupid Marines I know - I spend all my money on flashlights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

woodytom

Newly Enlightened
Over here the Marines and the Para's are reckoned to be our best trained and toughest regiments (special forces excepted) In the Flaklands war 2nd Para marched 20+ miles overnight carrying huge loads (150-200 lbs) and went strait into battle.
I have seen a couple of reports showing American officers commanding British Units and Brits commanding American units. Thats very close cooperation, but I bet they have some fun with the language!
Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.