A Little Humor from fake "Nokia" ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: A Little Humor from Nokia

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought it was a clip from AFV gone very very wrong.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast

Before anyone gets pissed at Nokia, this is not an actual Nokia ad but a very well-done parody.
The details are at www.snopes.com.

Empath

Flashaholic

It's animal cruelty, not funny, and in this member's opinion is void of any socially redeeming value. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Empath said:
It's animal cruelty, not funny, and in this member's opinion is void of any socially redeeming value. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Empath

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
2dogs said:
Here is one for the bunny huggers and the intollerant left wing extremist liberals. Not quite as funny but it may balance the scales.

[/ QUOTE ]

With whatever political affiliation you fancy yourself, you do them a great disservice when you attribute to them the opinion that animal abuse is humorous.

2dogs

Enlightened

If you want to help your cause go to Alaska and stand out in the tundra and stop the mushers of the various events and explain to them how their well fed and healthy dogs are being abused. Maybe go to a rodeo and stop the cowboys from riding the bulls. How about interupting a dog show and tell them the animals are humiliated by being in front of a crowd.

I think both video clips are funny. Are you going to stand up for human abuse on the second one? I thought not.

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast

If it was truly a real cat and not a digi cat then that sucks/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif, but as a parody it got a chuckle out of me/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Empath

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
2dogs said:
Are you going to stand up for human abuse on the second one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh! If we continue this exchange, I'm afraid someones going to charge me with human abuse. I'm out of it; the threads all yours. Enjoy what's left of it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lay off you guys. It's obvious in the first instance that they were trying to get a shot of their cat jumping after the toy attached to the fan. The fact that the cat's claw got caught was a consequence that they didn't intend. The fact that they video taped it and sent it all over the world shows poor taste, I might suggest that the fact that certain people think it's funny does too, but it doesn't show premeditated cat abuse. (which by the way will land you in prison in this country, short sentances but who wants to spend 90 days in jail for animal torture?) There is no way that they could have PLANNED for that to happen to the animal. So they are stupid and thoughless, but not cat abusers.

In the second case, thats just hilarlious /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

things like this are seen all the time on shows such as americas funniest home videos. does the fact that this is happening to an animal instead of a human make it worse, or more offensive?

ok, maybe it was a stupid idea to do it in the first place, but i'm sure they didn't intend for the cat to be harmed. i'm also sure that the only thing wrong with the cat after that was probably a little dizziness.

i found the video to be very funny, and while it is unfortunate that it happened to the cat, i'm sure no permanent harm was done, and i'd much rather a cat get hurt than a human.

Bill.H

Enlightened

Thanks, James, for showing that some people think and don't just have jerky knees!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Empath said:
[ QUOTE ]
2dogs said:
Are you going to stand up for human abuse on the second one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh! If we continue this exchange, I'm afraid someones going to charge me with human abuse. I'm out of it; the threads all yours. Enjoy what's left of it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a good example. i find it offensive, and even slightly amusing that somone is willing to hurt a human over a different view, when they were so offended that a cat may have been harmed in a freak accident.

dark star

Enlightened

I thought the film clip was in very poor taste. Its disgusting that people would film it and then pass it around the internet.

( where can I find more like it ???? )

Empath

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
this is a good example. i find it offensive, and even slightly amusing that somone is willing to hurt a human over a different view, when they were so offended that a cat may have been harmed in a freak accident.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's not a good example. It's only an example of a smart elec answer from me. Any seriousness derived from 2d's question of defending human rights (regarding his second movie clip) was dismissed by my tongue-in-cheek reference to his inability to defend his position coherently. That you could not see the reference, and took it to mean anything physical is evidence of my own incoherency. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.