• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ALL SOLD and SHIPPED! Milky CREEMATOR and SEOULMATOR Sprint Run!

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
[size=+1]Sprint Run #1 Over: All Lights Sold, All Shipped! Thank You Folks.[/size]

Over this past weekend I was able to put some parts together for a small 'sprint run' of CREEmator and SEOULmator lights. The idea is to build small runs of lights every once in a while and offer them for sale, inspired by McGizmo's runs of Ti PD and other lights, but on a smaller scale! Most of my lights are made-to-order, but these runs might help folks who don't want to bother with the custom build process, or want the instant gratification of getting their light right away, or perhaps just find the whole what's-that-crazy-Milky-guy-going-to-build-next drama (yeah right) interesting!

Okay, that sounds corny. Please excuse, it's late over here. :ohgeez:

This go-round I've got 3x CREEmator builds and a single SEOULmator build. Each one is a little different from the rest and incorporates a little something special.

What are CREEmator and SEOULmator builds? Basically, they're KX1/KX2 or KL1 builds that incorporate either focusable TIR optics or fixed reflectors plus the variable-brightness driver first developed for the Gotham. They're capable of running on a single lithium-ion cell or pair of primaries (2x123, 2xCR2). The parts are SureFire E-series compatible so you'll be able to play lego with them. :naughty:

img-creemator-seoulmator-lineup-up.jpg

1. SEOULmator in KL1 HA-BK head, AcornDx867 with SSCP4 USWOH emitter and 20mm smooth reflector, flat ultra-clear dual-AR-coated lens, glow ring sealing the lens and providing a little eye candy when the light is turned off after use. This one is mounted on the fairly hard-to-get Vital Gear FB2 HA-BK body with integrated clicky... the body is perhaps 90/100 condition, there's a little pocket wear at the edges on the very bottom, otherwise it looks great. I added a rubber gripping surface for easy one-handed use. The light's max output is roughly 180 lumens with a nice combination of throw and bright spill. Asking $240 plus shipping.

(TTRAN97 posted a thread about his SEOULmator build over here.)

2. CREEmator in KX2 HA-BK head, Acorn867 with slightly cool white beam tint, focusable TIR optic, dual-AR-coated Pyrex lens... mounted on Aleph HA-BK 17500 body with removable black pen clip, capable of running off a single 17500 rechargeable or 2xCR2 primary cells. Head could be moved to any SureFire E-series compatible body. Tailcap is McTC HA-BK with McClicky tactical mechanism. Max output somewhere in the 220-250 lumens ballpark. Asking $240 plus shipping.

3. CREEmator in KX2 HA-BK head, Acorn867 with slightly cool white beam tint, focusable TIR optic, dual-AR-coated Pyrex lens... mounted on Aleph HA-BK 17500 body. This one lacks the pen clip of #2 but does have a custom spring mechanism in the body itself that allows it to self-adapt to 1x17500, 1xRCR123, and 2xCR2 use: just drop in the cells and go! The spring assembly will adapt to whichever cell(s) you put in the tube, no spacers, magnets, or other doodads needed. Head could be moved to any SureFire E-series compatible body. Tailcap is McTC HA-BK with McClicky tactical mechanism. Max output somewhere in the 220-250 lumens ballpark. Asking $240 plus shipping.

4. CREEmator in KX2 HA-NAT head, Acorn867 with creamy warm white beam tint, focusable TIR optic, dual-AR-coated Pyrex lens... mounted on SureFire E2L HA-NAT body with tactical clicky tail. The body has been bored-out to accept a 17670 rechargeable without problems. The light itself will run nicely on 1x17670 rechargeable or 2x123 primaries, and the head could be moved to any SureFire E-series compatible body. Max output somewhere in the 220-250 lumens ballpark. Asking $240 plus shipping. SOLD to MBELY2

For #2 through #4:

The focusing capability allows for fine-tuning the beam to an intense, perfectly circular spot at distance, and is actually a significant benefit... think of how a camera needs to focus the image based on distance from it... the light essentially does that in reverse, allowing for a tight, intense beam at both close and long ranges. In addition, the top half of the head is easily removable for use as an all-flood mule-style light... it's not weatherproof with the head off, of course, but still plenty useful.

Some minor niceties: heads use silicone o-rings for optimal environmental resistance and long life; threads and mating parts lubricated with Krytox or a nanoparicle lubricant, for optimal wear resistance and further improved seal.

For all these lights:

The Acorn driver is flash-updatable to new revisions of firmware as available. (Yes, there are some updates in the works.) :naughty:

Shipping to USA uninsured costs $5.
Shipping to USA with insurance costs a total of $12.
Shipping internationally costs $29 via EMS with tracking and up to $100 insurance coverage.

A note on insurance: I cannot cover lost or damaged packages (only a one-man shop after all)... so if you're concerned about this risk, please order insurance on your package. That said, so far I've never actually had a package lost... so this is purely optional. Your call either way!

Note for international customers: I need to declare the same value for Customs that I do for insurance... please keep this in mind and tell me how much to declare as the value of your package. Up to $100 insurance coverage can be included in your shipment at no extra charge, more insurance would cost you additional, Please let me know if you wish that.

img-creemator-seoulmator-lineup-sunny.jpg

img-creemator-seoulmator-lineup-heads.jpg

First I'LL TAKE IT gets each light!

You can send Paypal to either of these...

Cash (Preferred): ppcash AT QuarryRun DOT com
Credit Card: ppcard AT QuarryRun DOT com

Both TTRAN97 and BONDR006, among others, are familiar with these builds and have posted about them in the past. Perhaps they might chime in if I've forgotten anything. (Thanks guys!) :whistle:

Enjoy, folks! :wave:

Last edited:

Brozneo

Enlightened
Re: FS Milky CREEMATOR and SEOULMATOR Sprint Run!

Nice lights! I wonder if any of the CPFers in the US are awake??? It's only 9pm here in NZ!

Scottiver

Enlightened

I'll take #3 :paypal:
Wow, I wasn't expecting that at this hour of the morning, but it was a nice surprise.

Last edited:

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast

Of Course we are awake Milky said he would throw a few more up and so we are burning the midnight oil in anticipation.

Nice use of SF M1 flat O-Rings, Milky.

mbely2

Enlightened

I'll take #4.
PM & PayPal sent.
Thanks!

Mark

Last edited:

mbely2

Enlightened

Scott, by error, I sent cash PayPal to your CC Paypal address.
We still can fix it: please check your PM.
Sorry for this mess!
Mark

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Scott, by error, I sent cash PayPal to your CC Paypal address.
We still can fix it: please check your PM.
Sorry for this mess!
Mark

Nah, don't worry about it. BTW, your light is packed and in the mailbox.

mbely2

Enlightened

Thanks, BigHonu! I really wanted this one for a long time.

Mark

bash1587

Newly Enlightened

I will take # 2, backup on #3. Please pm me with the payment info.

JohnTz

Enlightened

I now realize in order to get one of milky's lights I have to give up sleeping. :)

Groundhog66

Banned

So I guess we are gonna have to call these "Little Milky Runs":thinking:

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm surprised that nobody has bought the Seoulmator! Mine is a little different (better... :naughty:), but the Seoul LED is a very nice white and gives a smooth beam. I've tried putting the Seoulmator head on a black E1e body as well as the E1B Backup body, and it looked and worked great! Something to think about for people that are still on the fence regarding the Seoulmator.

Trust me, guys...these prices are insanely low and you'll never see these for this cheap in the MarketPlace! I finally figured out how Scott managed to sell at these incredible prices...he doesn't have to charge himself for labor!

Join the Milkyspit Mods Club...or add to your booming collection! Here's my collection of Milkyspit Mods:

Last edited:

Visible EM Wave

Enlightened

I'm taking ttran97's advise and take #1 SEOULmator.

I'm now at work. Will send cash paypal tonight.

Thanks.

thom

Enlightened

OK seems these are all taken if for some reason anyone changes their mind and I have a shot... I be backup to any one of them. BTW if anyone knows were I can get one of those pen clips PM me please.

thom

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Forgot to update this until now... all lights sold, all payments received, all lights shipped... most might have been received already for that matter! Hope everyone likes their light.

Thom (and anyone else), if you ever see something I've offered that you may have missed, just give me a holler via PM and/or email... chances are I could build you something similar, assuming I have the appropriate parts on hand. Hope that helps.

Thanks, folks, for a smooth sale! Wondering how people like the 'sprint run' format... I had a lot of fun with it, am inclined to give it another try as the opportunity presents itself.

Thanks all! :wave:

Now early tomorrow AM it's off to the dentist... not looking forward to THAT... :sweat:

thom

Enlightened

Forgot to update this until now... all lights sold, all payments received, all lights shipped... most might have been received already for that matter! Hope everyone likes their light.

Thom (and anyone else), if you ever see something I've offered that you may have missed, just give me a holler via PM and/or email... chances are I could build you something similar, assuming I have the appropriate parts on hand. Hope that helps.

Thanks, folks, for a smooth sale! Wondering how people like the 'sprint run' format... I had a lot of fun with it, am inclined to give it another try as the opportunity presents itself.

Thanks all! :wave:

Now early tomorrow AM it's off to the dentist... not looking forward to THAT... :sweat:

Thanks for the info, I was pretty sure you could do any of these rather quickly if needed. But, I liked the idea of the instant gratification found in this "Sprint Run" format. No presure on you, just waiting around for my Milky lights to show up has been like before I got off the crack, and hadn't had a rock in a few hours. Needing the fix has been agonizing. Almost had to go pick up a rock to forget about the lights. But i decided not to , figuring that I quickly be back in the full grasp of the addiction again. That wouldn't have left me enough time for the lights, and I' would have had to much money left over. I guess my wife would have been excited about that, but she would still have to see all these lights sitting around while I was getting high on top of the piles of extra cash I saved smoking the crack instead of buying lights...... Seems you may know all about similar agony after tomorrow though. Guess I don't need any of these bad enough to wait, at least not just yet:duh2:.

BTW you should be receiving another package from me any day now. Feel free to give me a call when you get it so we can work out the details:thumbsup:

thom