New Glowring, OK or defective?

dannywho

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I just got my first glowring, it arrived in the mail yesterday from a company in the UK. It;s the Nite brand, green, and seems to work right, going on all I read about these so far. Even in a lit room, if I cup my hands around it, or dim the lights somewhat, I can see some glow.

However upon inspecting the glowring more, I can see the end of the vial looks funny, like there's a piece of covering missing, in fact that part is a tad brighter in the dark. I attached some pics, one a closeup of that area, you can see it just below the I and the F in "LIFE". In the one on sitting on the lottery ticket, you can see it a little. Will the gas escape from this? Should I return it for another, or does this one look OK? The pic in the dark is also sitting in the same place on the lottery ticket, I could make out some details on the ticket with the glowring's light. Thanks much.

Close_Up.jpg

Day.jpg

Nite.jpg

Last edited:

gallagho

Enlightened
Can you see a darker gap between the internal glass tube and the plastic case? If so the glass is probably intact.

If you suspect the glass vial to be broken you should probably discard as the plastic(?) casing may be leaking tritium gas.

Owen

Norm

Retired Administrator
Welcome to CPF Danny, I think that is some sort of adhesive so the tritium is not loose inside the casing.
Norm