Newer than Cree Q5 bulb?

Grock

Newly Enlightened
Is there a newer bulb than the Cree Q5 that is being developed?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The R2 is out in limited quantities.

Cree is also developing a LED that can do 1000 lumen at around 15 watt. Not sure when that would be out. My guess it the end of this year to beginning of next year.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
http://www.ledsmagazine.com/news/5/2/27
Seoul is also coming out with a 900 lumen 4 die led. Same size led it look like.

P7 is nowhere near the same size as P4.

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=176067
p7.jpg

Grock

Newly Enlightened
mikeh, do you have any idea what makes the Q5 slightly brighter than the P4?

Marduke

Flashaholic
mikeh, do you have any idea what makes the Q5 slightly brighter than the P4?

The manufacture of LED's leads to natural variation in the product. As soon as a production run is completed, they are graded by flux and tint, and packaged accordingly.

WeLight

Enlightened
Q5 is just a sorting code. Its the same thing as a P4 etc.
Exactly the same manufacturing process, but probably slightly brighter.

This is a bit of a simplification, the Q5 refers to the flux or light output of the leds, the Wx codes refer to the tints

Burgess

Flashaholic
So, when can we expect the R-2 bin emitters to become

widely available, as the Q-5's are now ?

Yapo

Enlightened
hey i was just wondering...do all Q5 crees have a white background with only the small square in the centre being covered with the yellow phosphur or do they also come in full yellow? because i ordered a Q4 cree droppin awhile ago and it came in a small zip bag with Q5 written on it and it looks the same as all the other crees i have.

Marduke

Flashaholic
hey i was just wondering...do all Q5 crees have a white background with only the small square in the centre being covered with the yellow phosphur or do they also come in full yellow? because i ordered a Q4 cree droppin awhile ago and it came in a small zip bag with Q5 written on it and it looks the same as all the other crees i have.

Cree has only recently started making silver backed emitters. Otherwise, all Cree's P4-R2 bin look identical, and have no possibly way to visually identify them.

Yapo

Enlightened
ah k thx...cos i've been seeing random pictures of crees with the white backgrounds lately...was gettin a little confused...