do you carry a Peak Pacific CR2 in your jeans watch pocket?

afraidofdark

Enlightened
I do. Awfully goldarn useful, these little things are :thumbsup:

pachacr2pbodyzd2.jpg

arty

Enlightened
I do. I have 4 Pacifics. Three are powered by CR2 pocket bodies, and one by a pocket AA. Two are brass and two are HA.
My wife has one of them and uses it as an emergency light for work.
The light works well in high power form, and in ultra. I think that it works best when powered by 3 volts.

I recommend not trying to use AAA for the light in ultrapower. This makes for a large light with short runtime.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I recommend not trying to use AAA for the light in ultrapower. This makes for a large light with short runtime.
Arty any idea of the runtime on a AA Ultrapower running a primary lithium battery?, I also have this combination but I've never tested the runtime.
Norm

arty

Enlightened
I haven't tested it, but Kurt at Peak thought that it would get about 5-6 hours on the AA. I am not sure about a lithium. I would expect about 1/2 the runtime of the high power light. For the AA, this would be more than 6 hours.
It takes me a long time to use up the battery in a pocket light, and so I haven't worried about this. I generally use pocket lights for a minute or so at a time - with a few minutes being a really long time.
The ultra power seemed to drain the AAA really fast - I checked output on a light meter and I could see the output drop rapidly as I watched.

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another Peak fan here. Peaks may not have any of the fancy features becoming so commonplace with the newer lights, but they have such a solid, quality look and feel.

My Pacific is a brass UP and I alternate between a CR2 and an AA body. The CR2 is indeed a perfect fit in the jeans watch pocket. I feed the AA body with an eneloop, and a primary in the CR2. (I believe Peak advises against 3.6v li-ions in the Pacific). Likewise, I don't use a pocket light for extended periods. I got a great deal on some CR2 cells on ebay awhile back and they'll probably last me a decade!

afraidofdark

Enlightened
Norm, those are some boss pictures of your brass Pacific!

Austin, I heartily agree with you on the appeal of Peak lights. They feel like they will never let you down. I guess that's why I always have one with me as a backup to whatever light is riding on my key ring.

h_nu

Enlightened
I have all the Pacific bodies in aluminum and another Pacific AA in stainless steel. I still don't have a brass body but Norm's pictures are making me think about getting one. Beautiful.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a brass CR2 Pacific that I carry when I'm wearing casual slacks. With jeans or cargo pants I carry my McLux-PD. I really like the Peak lights also. I have the CR2 brass Pacific, brass Shasta, and brass McKinley in UV. I also have a HA Carribean with a cyan led.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
What circuit is being used in these CR2 lights? Boost with constant current regulation, boost/voltage regulated, semi regulated?

Bill