PEAK
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

Default Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

recently im quite interested in maglite, may i know what is the far left short maglite and the information such as lumen and more information on the first picture of the first post thanks.
    secondly i also which to know if aa maglite can be mod to give off at least 120 lumen

Quote Originally Posted by iluvflashlight View Post
    recently im quite interested in maglite, may i know what is the far left short maglite and the information such as lumen and more information on the first picture of the first post thanks.
    secondly i also which to know if aa maglite can be mod to give off at least 120 lumen
    The short light is simply a regular light which has been cutoff and rethreaded. Periodically these are available through people on the forum here. They were quite popular at one point, fitted with an led conversion and running from a lithium AA cell.

There's a member here, dat2zip, that makes 'sandwiches' for the 2aa minimag. They are a drop-in mod. There are various ones, and yes, some of them will output 100+ lumens. Dat2zip is hard to reach. You may have quicker results buying a mod kit from someone secondhand.
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Be prepared for the truth.

Rant Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

Sorry for the delay in posting! Here are the answers to the questions that were asked.

Question #1
    If you don't mind, what seller did you get the Hellabalu and No Knurl Purple and Blue from? I still need those but haven't found them anywhere.

I got the Hellbalu was from the Swiss Seller. The No Knurls never paned out. I ask the seller several times if the were smooth and did they have them in stock. When I got my package they were all Knurled. .

Question #2
    May I ask where to buy a Jade AA? roces111. Do you still have the Mag part number for the difference between the Purple and Violet? I can only find M2A39 listed for both.

The Jade AA came for a company in the UK www.beansonline.co.uk . As for the purple AA's one was from Wally World and was labled AST while the other one had the part number M2A986U.

Question #3
    I would be interested in where the un-knurled lights were purchased.

www.perkalgifts.co.za/ and again they were not No Knurled. They may list them in inventory but they DO NOT HAVE THEM!

Still looking for No Knurls, as well a few other mags please PM me if you have any extra that you are looking to sell.

I got a AA maglite from ebay. It looked to be Lime Green in the picture but turned out to be Dark Green. It was from a seller in the UK, It came in the clamshell/press box. It is identical to the current Dark Green except that it does not have the (R) after the Maglite icon it has a TM. None of my other lights are this way. Does anyone else see this on any they have? Could it be fake? I will try and up load a picture!

Perkal is the company I wasted $500 on. I highly recommend not buying from them. Waste of time and money.
    Trees don't grow on money either.

Unenlightened

I recently got the "bug", and decided that I wanted to find as many different colors of the Mini-Mag as I could, and have been fairly lucky. I picked up a quick and comprehensive education on the subject by reading this forum, so I want to thank you for that. I had a couple of lights that I received as promotional items, and one turned out to be a hard to find color (Bronze), so I was off to a good start right out of the gate. I have found that it is kind of exciting to order a light from somewhere half-way around the world, although I can never be sure exactly what I will receive. Today, I got a package from Scotland. He had a "burgundy" and "light green" listed on ebay, so I took a chance. I was very happy to see that he was right. I don't know if his burgundy was different from weinrot or the dark red that others have mentioned, but it is a very pretty light. It is marked Ontario, so I take it that it is fairly old. The other light is Lime Green, which I didn't have, so I am very happy. I think that he only had one of each, unfortunately. I also bought the pink, gold, light blue and antrasit from the Swiss company, and their service was first rate. Anyway, I wanted to thank the group for a very nice forum. Bob

Try Walmart for the shimmer blue. It seems to be a different shade than the Swiss seller.

If you can, post a picture of your burgundy light.

Dana

coloredlights

Flashaholic

What have I got with this one?

Given the limits of my photography to reproduce the color ... bronze seems closest on Turbo's color list. In some light it looks brown and in brighter light rather like what Ford called "Rose Quartz."

Roll stamp bezel with white filled lettering and the early tail cap.

Last edited by SG688; 05-22-2009 at 06:43 PM. Reason: repost photo

Quote Originally Posted by SG688 View Post

Given the limits of my photography to reproduce the color ... bronze seems closest on Turbo's color list. In some light it looks brown and in brighter light rather like what Ford called "Rose Quartz."

Oops. Looking now at Will's list, it looks like his brown.
    Wow, that is a beauty! Brown for sure. A real gem.

I only have a blue mini maglite and a blue soli I used to have the old style mini 2aa but the batteries leaked in it sealing the endcap on so i binned it
    ''war does not dictate who is right only who it left''-bertrand russel

Quote Originally Posted by SG688 View Post

Oops. Looking now at Will's list, it looks like his brown.

Color identification of MMs can be very confusing. Not including Maglite specials, such as Americana, Flag, Nascar, and the 2 camos, I have 29 different color variations of knurled 2AA Minimags. I'm not sure I really know the accepted color name for each of them. Sage, anthrazit, hellblau, lime, burgandy, weinrot, rose quartz ???. Even light and dark can be in the eye of the beholder. To add to the confusion, Mag instruments is notorius for mislabeling minimag colors on blister packs.

For what it's worth, take this little bit of advice. When you obtain a new "specimen", clip the label with the manufacturer's color ID and part# and insert it in the flashlights barrel. If there's no label, just write the color on a piece of paper and insert that. This way you will always be able to associate a specific color with a specific light. (I wish that I had done that)..
    Jeritall

Quote Originally Posted by Jeritall View Post
    For what it's worth, take this little bit of advice. When you obtain a new "specimen", clip the label with the manufacturer's color ID and part# and insert it in the flashlights barrel. If there's no label, just write the color on a piece of paper and insert that. This way you will always be able to associate a specific color with a specific light. (I wish that I had done that)..
    I wish you had written that 4 years ago! I'm finding it difficult to keep track of all the ones I have.

I don't have the collection displayed, I did take the time to keep them all in the plastic cases. I put a name tag on each one. The only thing - some came in the blister package stating assorted or the wrong name. Some came in the plastic case with no name.

So - there is no real, complete naming convention from Maglite. There are variations of some of the standard colors.
    Now I can see the darkness .

Quote Originally Posted by will View Post
    I don't have the collection displayed, I did take the time to keep them all in the plastic cases. I put a name tag on each one. The only thing - some came in the blister package stating assorted or the wrong name. Some came in the plastic case with no name.

So - there is no real, complete naming convention from Maglite. There are variations of some of the standard colors.
    I'll go you one further. Some of mag's new colors are reissues/renamed of earlier colors. The one that comes to mind is ice blue and light blue. Practically ALL pics I have ever seen look identical. Both of the lights I have are identical, except for bezel lettering... and I'm not sure on that part; I'd had to go look.

If there's no label, just write the color on a piece of paper and insert that. )..
    I actually started to label my lights. I used a slip of paper and wrote the stated colour and the colour code and placed it in the barrel.

BTW, I think I have a line for Jade and Gold Mag AA. If I can, I'll buy a few of each for others on the board.
    Dana

I'm down for a jade.

The Jade crapped out. I replied to ask if he has any Golds.

Here is the link.
    www.bunburyarmysurplus.com.au
    Dana

Do you think Mag instruments will release a special Obama/Biden inaugural mini-mag?
    Jeritall

Do you think Mag instruments will release a special Obama/Biden inaugural mini-mag?
    I think those were released by the inauguration group as a custom from Mag. In other words, they were purchased from Mag, then engraved, much like any of the other LOGO[d lights that are out there.

While walking through a local Wally World I stumbled upon a pair of GENUINE Purple MM's. They stood out from all the others that are that Dark Blue / Purple mix. The blister pack is marked 'BLACK', but OH YEAH, they be PURPLE!

Wonder if Mag is clearing out their incan inventory? Lots of the lights were in mismarked blister packages. Like Red in a Silver box, and these Purples in a Black...
    WTB: Brown / Braun / Bronze Mini Maglites. PM if you have one available.

Local wal-mart had about 4 purple and 6-8 hot pink last night.

As you guys may remember I just started collecting about 3 moths ago, I thought that I would share a few pics of my collection. Let me know what you think!

Picture One

Picture Two

Flashaholic*

Super!
    Old-Style Maglite C & D switches for sale:
    http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...d.php?t=165903

I think those were released by the inauguration group as a custom from Mag. In other words, they were purchased from Mag, then engraved, much like any of the other LOGO[d lights that are out there.
    Negative. They were donated by Mag, or so states Mag's website. Anthony Maglica is a rabid Republican, which is why there are no Clinton or Obama lights. The original one (black 2xAAA, 1989) was intended to symbolize George Bush's "thousand points of light".

Hey guys! I was wondering where you are getting the lime green mags from. I have been trying to get one for my wife. She is collecting colored aa mags, and she has been wanting a lime green for a while. Her birthday is coming up, and I was hoping you guys could help me out. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by souptree View Post
    Negative. They were donated by Mag, or so states Mag's website. Anthony Maglica is a rabid Republican, which is why there are no Clinton or Obama lights. The original one (black 2xAAA, 1989) was intended to symbolize George Bush's "thousand points of light".
    That would make them more collectable. Has Mag done any other logo'd lights?

Quote Originally Posted by roces111 View Post
    Let me know what you think!
    I think you're nuts for collecting colored lights.

Seriously, now, that's awesome for just a couple of months collecting; and I can tell some of those are not so common colors.

Oh, and great display case!

That would make them more collectable. Has Mag done any other logo'd lights?
    Curious as well. How about this ferrari minimag light?

This is the same anodizing / bezel style as the americana set.... Is this produced by mag? I'm due to receive one of these and I'll check to see if a part # exists.......

Also, I have just received an amazing light. A new collector from Germany sent me this light (photo to follow.......) listed as BRASS on the swiss sellers site. I don't remember seeing this on the site before. It is basically an off shade of the bronze with one major difference, it is OLD. If you thought the other lights they had on their site were old you need to see this one. It has the old school rolled bezel ring as well as old style tail cap for accepting spare bulb. A real beauty! You will want to buy one of these folks.

http://www.waffenzimmermann.ch/shop/...te.html&page=2

(Thanks Stefan!!!!!)
    Last edited by sizzlechest; 01-27-2009 at 11:54 AM.

Yup, the Ferrari light is IDENTICAL to the Americana lights aside from the logo. Definitely one of the coolest Mags ever made and one of my favorites. Not as easy to get at a decent price as some either, as you need to compete with the Ferrari collectors for one. I have never seen a wider range of prices on any Maglite than I have on the Ferrari one (seen them sell from $30 to almost $200!) One of my Grail lights is an unbranded (sterile) Ferrari/Americana light.

will, the Mag website states 40,000 of each inaugural light were made for the 1989 and 2001 inaugurals. There is no number stated for the 2005 inaugural light. turbodog, when you next speak to your contact at Mag, would you mind asking if the number of 2005 inaugural lights is public knowledge?

Not sure what you mean by "logo'd lights". Certainly there are a zillion Maglites engraved with logos. I guess you mean lights with logos put there by Maglite? In that case, I know of only the Ferrari and (some of) the NASCAR lights. I also have that George Bush dinner light, which I am guessing was definitely Mag produced, since it came with a Mag produced custom card stock slip cover, but that one was a giveaway at a Mag hosted dinner that President Bush keynoted. Not exactly a "release" item.

I'd like to see a series of lights that feature the Mag logos subjected to some graphic designers. I'm not sure how well they'd sell, but they'd make for good collectibles.