2004 Shot Show...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
I know this is way in advance, but after reading about the CPF get-together at the Florida Shot Show this year, I thought, "...hey, if they ever have one in Las Vegas, then I'm THERE!"

So, off I go looking up the Show Shot info for next year and... Hey! It's going to be at the Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas, Nevada (Thursday - Sunday, February 12-15, 2004) - what a coinkadink!

If anyone has any itch to put together another CPF get-together, then count me in. Since coming here to CPF, all I can say is, I must meet with some of you in person to truly validate my Flashaholism. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CPF = /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

-Jim

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Hey V8, maybe we can get enough people on this side of town to do a car-pool. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Ah heck, who am I kiddin' - it's cheaper to fly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, I've red-marked it on my 2004 calendar already. I figure I'll start packing in, ohhh, say... around November 2003. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

-Jim

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Hi V8-

You're correct... as posted at www.ShotShow.org, the following applies:

[ QUOTE ]
NOTE: Only members of the trade may attend the Show, and must provide a valid Federal Firearms License (FFL) number, State Tax Number, or Industry Related Business Card.

[/ QUOTE ]

I inquired with the Shot Show administration (their email is on their site) and admission apparently includes law enforcement, active military, certified firearms instructors, firearms dealers, sporting goods dealers - and to tell you the truth, I can't remember what other industry related trades were included. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

Actually, I was just hoping for a mutually agreed upon place and time for another Flashaholic get-together. The Shot Show in Las Vegas just seemed to be a good excuse /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Jim

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait a minute... Did that mean all of the CPF members for 2003's Shot Show showed up in Orlando under Peter's pass? Or someone else's?

WaltH

Enlightened
I listed "CPF", and "Industry Professional" on my registration via the net with no problems.
I will try to make SHOT 2004 but way too early to tell at this point.

(Edited because I can't type)

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the average CPF'er should have no problem getting in.

We will definately plan on having a booth for the show (just like last year). And of course, the GT was such a blast, that I would like to do it again.

So. Arc will sponsor a GT for SS 2004. Not sure if you guys want this also to be the "official CPF" GT, but we can make it that if you so wish. Otherwise, it will be a regular GT,

Peter

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Wow, Peter... didn't you host this year's get-together as well?!

This is great news re: admission for the Shot Shot, and even better news for a get-together. Heck, I just want to sit down and compare Arc LS serial numbers with other CPF'ers!

-Jim

Darkcobra

Enlightened
I wonder if you can get enough flashlights to out do all the lights in Vegas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Hehehehe
I'd like to go if we can actually get into the show also.

TrevorG

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
PieThatCorner said:
Actually, I was just hoping for a mutually agreed upon place and time for another Flashaholic get-together /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

Count me in... I even have a few ideas where we can meet (includes live entertainment!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's in Vegas and I can drive down (long drive)... You can count me getting there. Heck, CPFers in California can migrate to Vegas for a few days... Maybe even tip toe down to Arizona and give Peter's plant a visit. This ought to be another official CPF get together.

I'm sure there's a ton of CPFers on the West Coast who would show up for SS2004...

Fusion

Newly Enlightened
I'm there!
Of course if they let me in. Is there any alternate way to get in??
FalconFX,
I should carpool with you! I live about a hour away from you.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fusion, there's a ton of people from NorCal and the Bay Area that might trek over as well: McGizmo, Darell, dat2zip, guncollector, JollyRoger, just to name a few off the top of my head. Who knows...

Plus, there's a ton of SoCal guys and Zona guys probably heading over to Vegas as well. Peter's going to be quite busy hosting people...

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Choua - if you end up going, don't forget to bring your X990! It'll put the spotlight atop the Luxor Pyramid to shame /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Excuse the side track here, but as a point of interest, the Luxor light is supposedly one of a handful of man-made objects that can be seen by orbiting astronauts in the shuttle. Okay, enough of that...

I'm actually going through a list right now to see what flashlights I want to bring to Vegas... this is getting out of hand. But I'm enjoying it for now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Trevor - I want to hear more about this meeting place with live entertainment... ahem... entertainment... yep, already sounds like my kind of place.

-Jim

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jim,

I'll bring my MaxaBeam and X990 to Vegas... Maybe by then, I'll have another superlight to add down (was really eyein' up the MegaRay for awhile there, and now Don's got me interested in the KenRad)... Maybe I'll lug down a few of my other lights as well...

This is sad. Before I think of boarding arrangements in Vegas, I go straight for which lights I wanna bring down first...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

But then again, it's a flashaholic getogether... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif You and I must be thinkin' the same thing, I also saw McGizmo's post about the KenRad and now I've been wringing my hands with thoughts of having one in the near future.

This is getting worse -- I'm thinking about what lights I'm going to potentially have for the get-together.

Anyone thinking about staying on the Strip or staying in downtown Vegas? I usually prefer the Strip, but was just wondering out loud... I'm also wondering where most folks stayed at for this year's Shot Show in Florida.

-Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.