***TnC Micro-Flex N Cell Sales Thread***

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The time has come to start a sales thread for the new TnC Micro-Flex N cell light that has been under discussion here: *Announcing - TnC N-Cell - Micro-Flex Series *

img4730wx1.jpg

Chris at TnC pioneered the first rechargeable N cell light here on CPF. The light included a number of innovations such as reflectors machined into the small heads. With the advances in LEDs, with the new N cell size Li-ion available from AW, and the FLuPIC multi level drivers produced by Goldserve, a whole new generation of TnC N cell light has been formed in the TnC Micro-Flex Series. This series will include N cell lights and likely accessories as well as other offerings in development. At the core of the Micro-Flex is the TnC Micro threaded canister. These canisters house 10.5mm drivers or Direct Drive modules that can run K2 TFFC LEDs in one design for either Cree, Seoul, or Luxeons in the second design. Both these designs thread into the same lights, however the Cree LEDs are mated with a head that does not require a reflector for flood use. This run of Micro-Flex lights will use the McR-10 reflector which produces a large spot and significant flood. The shorter light below is the tear drop with the Cree head.

img4728ly0.jpg

Although the capacity of the N cell Li-ion is as small as its size, the FLuPIC multi level driver allows respectable run time on Medium and Low levels which produce a significant amount of light, often much more than needed or even wanted in a key chain light unless the light is used on the Low setting. For those who just want a Micro Blaster the DD setup will be the trick. This will put a strain on the battery and is not really suited well for the Seoul other than true momentary use (signaling). We will consider building AAA Li-ion tubes and with these the blaster will be formidable due to the battery's ability to deliver the juice. For those wishing to have throw we will also consider building perhaps our own reflectors for larger heads.

We are building the tubes to fit either the Li-ion N cell batteries or the NiMh or standard N cells that are available. We do not have a suitable NiMh or standard N cell driver at this time but are building the potential into the lights for when we can deliver on this configuration so that buyers will have this flexibility in the future. We are also looking into building a mechanical micro switch into a 350mA CC driver for simple two stage Li-ion applications.

We will begin with the aluminum versions of the Micro-Flex and follow up with Titanium versions. The first stage of machining is already complete on the aluminum K2/Seoul lights so expressing interest to reserve what you want soon will likely be key to getting a desired light. These lights will be built in small runs and there may not be more made available with these designs, but we are not going put that in stone.

Below is the pricing schedule for the TnC Micro Flex Series N cell lights.

Micro-Flex Curve
Raw Aluminum
$156
EN Plated Aluminum
$163
Gold Plated Aluminum
$163
Titanium
$240

Micro-Flex Tear Drop
Raw Aluminum
$161
EN Plated Aluminum
$168
Gold Plated Aluminum
$168
Titanium
$252

Micro-Flex Diamond Mill
Raw Aluminum
$168
EN Plated Aluminum
$175
Gold Plated Aluminum
$176
Titanium
$277

These include A/R Coated Mineral Glass, O-Rings, Silver Plated Key-Ring, Canister, FLuPIC Converter Board, and latest Flux bin LEDs. The negative battery contact aligns with a fitted peg at the bottom of the battery tube. Direct Drive Canisters in the lights are $10 less.

Please note, the Micro-Flex Curve is the same body as the Tear drop but without the milling as shown below.

To sum up the choices:
1. Gold, EN, or bare aluminum
2. FLuPIC or DD for Li-ion N cell only
3. Cree R2 WH, or R2 WG bin, Seoul USW0H or USV0H, K2 TFFC of unknown bin (we have an order in)
4. Diamond, Tear Drop, or plain curved body

img4720jh9.jpg

It is unclear to me at this point whether demand will exceed supply so if there is a list keeper to volunteer who can bring forward the interest from *Announcing - TnC N-Cell - Micro-Flex Series * it would be much appreciated. This is a preliminary sales post on my part and I will add more to this post and provide updates as they occur and when I'm not so tired.:thinking:

Last edited:

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Should we wait to put in an order for a Ti version? :D (the prices are listed, so I though I'd stake my claim!)

Thanks for all of the awesome options!!! :twothumbs

:thumbsup:john

white light

Enlightened
:thumbsup:
Micro-Flex Curve 1 each

Raw Aluminum, FLuPIC,Cree R2 WH
Titanium, FLuPIC,Cree R2 WH

Micro-Flex Tear Drop 1 each

Micro-Flex Diamond Mill 1 each

Last edited:

rlr48

Newly Enlightened
Great looking lights Eric, put me down for :

Micro-Flex Curve 1 each

Thanks, rlr48

Tyler2006

Newly Enlightened
Micro-Flex Diamond Mill
Raw Aluminum
$168
FLuPIC
K2 TFFC

Last edited:

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
:wave:

1. Titanium

2. FLuPIC

3. Seoul USV0H or K2 TFFC (X0, W0, V0, U0 prefered)
4. Tear Drop (Could I get the tear drops only at the opposing ends, none in the middle? Or connect the tear drops on each body part to form vertical flutes/grooves.)

-DF

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
:wave:

1. Titanium
2. FLuPIC
3. Seoul USV0H or K2 TFFC (X0, W0, V0, U0 prefered)
4. Tear Drop (Could I get the tear drops only at the opposing ends, none in the middle? Or connect the tear drops on each body part to form vertical flutes/grooves.)

-DF

Hi Damien,

We should be able to build you one with tear drops only at the opposing ends.

Thanks

moeman

Enlightened
So,
How bright do you think the DD model will be?
And will these come with a battery and charger?
EN DD, but still cannot decide about the body....

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi thom,

Sorry for neglecting this thread. All the aluminum bodies have been machined in the first steps. We have to get them into another machine to finish them but that shouldn't take long and then bare aluminum bodies will be available. The EN and Gold bodies shouldn't take that long either from the platers. I've been working on something cosmetic and I'll try to post that some time this next week perhaps.

Chris did machine a variety of designs as requested so everyone should get what they asked for.

After the aluminum parts are done and we get positive feedback we'll run the Ti parts.

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry I missed your post. The DD should run 125-150 lumens I'd suspect. The problem with the N cell LI-ion is that's a tough row for it to hoe. Unless the light is used for momentary purposes the cells won't last long for either run time or longevity. We are planning to seek interest to do a AAA tube run after these are built and that would be a better setup for that much draw.

Last edited: