• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Aleph Cap ID ?

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
In this picture what is the difference between the Standard Bald and the Standard Flat Top? I don't see any. Is it just the difference in the boots?

I have one of those that appears to have had the knurling cut off. Was wondering which one it started out as.

Alephtailcaps-primary-new.jpg

Here is a picture of the one I have.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2212204&postcount=1

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's hard to see in the photo, but the rubber boot of the std bald extends up past the button (just like the bald), while the std flat top's boot is flush with the button. The rubber boot is the only difference between the SB and the SFT, just like it's the only difference between the B and the FT.

Your's could have started as a SFT or as a SB that had it's original boot switched. Most likely it was an SFT.

Last edited:

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see what you're saying. The boot contributed to what the cap was called.

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the innards for the flat tops are also slightly different than the regular, and the Shoppe sold the McE2S switch assembly for flat tops separately and described as such. I think they were trimmed for very little pressure required for contact.

Otherwise, the metal shells for the SB/SFT and the B/FT are the same.

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been a while, but I think louie is correct. Thanks for the save! :thumbsup:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Nake, please know that on CPF hotlinking is a no-go. As the hotlinked pic is mine you have permission to leave it as is, but in the future, please host the pics yourself. Thanx :)

Nice to be reminded of the old Aleph tailcap madness :D

bernie