Imalent

Thread: SureFire Registration....

Default SureFire Registration....

I bought a E2E BK today. It came in a box and not in the new blister package. The box had been open because the tailcap wasn't in lock-out. It was bought from a SF dealer.

One item that wasn't in the package was the registration card. Without the card how do i register my E2E? Ill give surefire a call tomorrow and see if i can register it somehow. SF is excellent in that regard, they dont ask for proof or anything, but I would of liked to have the card as proof of my purchase.

What do you guys think? No big deal?

Steve
    Last edited by SureAddicted; 03-13-2008 at 01:41 AM.

Default Re: SureFire Registration....

Everytime I've had a warranty issue with SF, I've never had to give them a reg number/serial number or any sort of proof of purchase. They're just that good! It won't hurt to call though.
    CLICK_HERE to get your hands on some serious Surefire *BLING*

Quote Originally Posted by SureAddicted View Post
    I bought a E2E BK today. It came in a box and not in the new blister package. The box had been open because the tailcap wasn't in lock-out. It was bought from a SF dealer.

One item that wasn't in the package was the registration card. Without the card how do i register my E2E? Ill give surefire a call tomorrow and see if i can register it somehow. SF is excellent in that regard, they dont ask for proof or anything, but I would of liked to have the card as proof of my purchase.

What do you guys think? No big deal?

Steve
    The registration card only appeared last year! I bought an A2 last year that dated from 2006 in a sealed blister package and it had no registration card! Anyway, when you register, you may win a Kroma, but... this prize is only for US citizens...

Thanks for your replies guys.
    I spoke to my local SF dealer about the E2E BK being "rare". He laughed and said he can get them in without to much trouble. I wonder if they're still being made or if its old stock he's talking about.

Steve

I've bought about 20 new Surefires and only about 6 of them came with the registration card. I wouldn't worry about it as I've never had a problem with warranty parts or repairs, even on used lights. I wonder if you bought it from the dealer that is noted in the Jeers forum as routinely opening the package to check the lights before sending them out?...
    Unless otherwise noted, anything I ship within the US comes with delivery confirmation

No its not the same dealer. I've bought a few SF's from my local dealer and the packages were always sealed. It was in the older style box, and they aren't sealed in a blister pack like the new style packaging.

I did give them a call and got it registered. It took less than a few minutes and the staff were very friendly. Oustanding CS.

SF warranty follows the product not the owner....should be ok even not registering your light..
    SF M6-R85 M3 G2D FYL G2ZL E1L McGizmo HA PD-S Ti Mule-PD BB Haiku-XP-G Inova X1
    (My Collection)

I searched the SF site and couldnt find anything on registering your light. can anyone inform me what registration does?

Absolutley nothing. My guess is they just use it as a survey sort of thing.
    CLICK_HERE to get your hands on some serious Surefire *BLING*

Quote Originally Posted by generic808 View Post
    Absolutley nothing. My guess is they just use it as a survey sort of thing.
    Yep, registration is a survey with the chance to win a Kroma (if you live in USA).

this thread makes me even happier with my recent purchase. FWIW, my 6P came with the warranty card.

What does the A402551 text on my light mean (see avatar)?
    CLICK HERE for my flashlight reviews.
    PAUL KIM... AN INDUSTRY GENIUS

Quote Originally Posted by kramer5150 View Post
    this thread makes me even happier with my recent purchase. FWIW, my 6P came with the warranty card.

What does the A402551 text on my light mean (see avatar)?
    I believe that is a unique serial number.
    Unless otherwise noted, anything I ship within the US comes with delivery confirmation