SureFire Registration....

SureAddicted

Enlightened
I bought a E2E BK today. It came in a box and not in the new blister package. The box had been open because the tailcap wasn't in lock-out. It was bought from a SF dealer.

One item that wasn't in the package was the registration card. Without the card how do i register my E2E? Ill give surefire a call tomorrow and see if i can register it somehow. SF is excellent in that regard, they dont ask for proof or anything, but I would of liked to have the card as proof of my purchase.

What do you guys think? No big deal?

Steve

Last edited:

generic808

Enlightened
Everytime I've had a warranty issue with SF, I've never had to give them a reg number/serial number or any sort of proof of purchase. They're just that good! It won't hurt to call though.

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a E2E BK today. It came in a box and not in the new blister package. The box had been open because the tailcap wasn't in lock-out. It was bought from a SF dealer.

One item that wasn't in the package was the registration card. Without the card how do i register my E2E? Ill give surefire a call tomorrow and see if i can register it somehow. SF is excellent in that regard, they dont ask for proof or anything, but I would of liked to have the card as proof of my purchase.

What do you guys think? No big deal?

Steve

The registration card only appeared last year! I bought an A2 last year that dated from 2006 in a sealed blister package and it had no registration card! Anyway, when you register, you may win a Kroma, but... this prize is only for US citizens... :)

SureAddicted

Enlightened
Thanks for your replies guys.
I spoke to my local SF dealer about the E2E BK being "rare". He laughed and said he can get them in without to much trouble. I wonder if they're still being made or if its old stock he's talking about. :shrug:

Steve

cfromc

Enlightened
I've bought about 20 new Surefires and only about 6 of them came with the registration card. I wouldn't worry about it as I've never had a problem with warranty parts or repairs, even on used lights. I wonder if you bought it from the dealer that is noted in the Jeers forum as routinely opening the package to check the lights before sending them out?...

SureAddicted

Enlightened
No its not the same dealer. I've bought a few SF's from my local dealer and the packages were always sealed. It was in the older style box, and they aren't sealed in a blister pack like the new style packaging.

I did give them a call and got it registered. It took less than a few minutes and the staff were very friendly. Oustanding CS. :twothumbs

Jerb

Newly Enlightened
I searched the SF site and couldnt find anything on registering your light. can anyone inform me what registration does?

kramer5150

Flashaholic
this thread makes me even happier with my recent purchase. FWIW, my 6P came with the warranty card.

What does the A402551 text on my light mean (see avatar)?