Leatherman's newest MT comes with...

Dantor

Enlightened
what kind of sheath?

(buzzer) wrong, no sheath! not leather, not cheap leather-like,
not even inexpensive nylon but zip, nadda, thanks for playing "what's my Name!"

I just got a Skeletool and not even a simple pouch to
store it in. It's not like it's an inexpensive tool either.

I do like the tool and I was wondering what your thoughts on this whole deal is....

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Skeletool came with a sheath. The place I ordered from gave the option of buying one with or without a sheath, I chose to buy one with a sheath, they were the same price, so I figured, why not get the sheath? Nothing special about the sheath, just the cheap universal nylon sheath they offer to fit a bunch of their tools, not even a great fit.

FWIW my all-time favorite Leatherman tool (that has now been discontinued) the Sideclip, didn't come with a sheath either, presumably because of its built-in clip, just like on the Skeletool.

I've had my Skeletool for 3-4 weeks now and had the chance to carry and use it some. I'll hang onto it, but I'm not terribly impressed. Leatherman is promoting this is a compact lightweight multi-tool when in fact it is as big as the older full-size tools, but the pliers are small like the size of its mid-size Juice tools, and it weighs as the same as the older PST and Sideclip tools and is heavier than the Juice. On the plus side it does have a better blade than many multi-tools and the clip/bottle opener may be handy for some people, just not for me. I always carry a knife besides a multi-tool, and haven't needed a bottle opener in quite some time.

diff_lock2

Newly Enlightened
The skeletool was something I wanted partly due to rave reviews. But now that I asses the situation, a folder along side a normal multitool (in my case a juice) would be as good.

mchlwise

Enlightened
I thought the built-in carabiner negated the need for a sheath.

Just clip it to a belt-loop or something.

:shrug:

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Must be due to pocket clip. Seems it's actually light enough to clip on a pocket without dragging it down.

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I have a Skeletool, and I'm pretty sure the idea was to not need a sheath. It's the reason that I carry a Skeletool and not my Wave. I wanted to get as much crap off my belt as I could, so I carry the Skeletool in my front right pocket.

Dantor

Enlightened
Have you guys been carrying it with the carabiner? I will try it but it seems it would be too floppy, bouncing around.

I do like the tool, somebody(s) put a lot of thought into it and it's way different from so many other MTs out there.

I just figured if I'm going to pay 40-130 bucks for a MT something should come to protect it when in storage, whether that's on you or someplace else.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Yeah, I have a Skeletool, and I'm pretty sure the idea was to not need a sheath. It's the reason that I carry a Skeletool and not my Wave. I wanted to get as much crap off my belt as I could, so I carry the Skeletool in my front right pocket.
Funny but for me it's the opposite; I want as much stuff out of my over-stuffed pockets and onto my belt as possible!

cbxer55

Enlightened
Funny but for me it's the opposite; I want as much stuff out of my over-stuffed pockets and onto my belt as possible!

I go ya one better. I did not want a bunch of stuff on my belt, only my Kimber .45 on my right hip. So I wear a pair of ankle pouchs. On my left ankle I keep my Leatherman Charge, its bit kit, and a DMT two sided folding knife hone.
On my left ankle two spare mags for the .45.

My favorite Leatherman is still the Charge, I have one plain and one all black. My old black Supertool is now retired, as is my Wave.

Here is the link to the ankle pouchs. Yes they are big enough for two .45 magazines. The Charge, two bit holders and a DMT sharpener fit fine.
http://magills.com/pgroup_descrip/307_Ankle+Holsters/4082_Ankle+Money/?return=%3ftpl%3Dindex%26category_id%3D307%26_Ankle%2BHolsters%2F

Styerman

Newly Enlightened
I go ya one better. I did not want a bunch of stuff on my belt, only my Kimber .45 on my right hip. So I wear a pair of ankle pouchs. On my left ankle I keep my Leatherman Charge, its bit kit, and a DMT two sided folding knife hone.
On my left ankle two spare mags for the .45.

My favorite Leatherman is still the Charge, I have one plain and one all black. My old black Supertool is now retired, as is my Wave.

Here is the link to the ankle pouchs. Yes they are big enough for two .45 magazines. The Charge, two bit holders and a DMT sharpener fit fine.
http://magills.com/pgroup_descrip/307_Ankle+Holsters/4082_Ankle+Money/?return=%3ftpl%3Dindex%26category_id%3D307%26_Ankle%2BHolsters%2F

I often thought of an ankle rig for a multi . Not about concealment , just freeing up belt realestate .

Must give it a try.

Chris

cbxer55

Enlightened
I like the ankle rig myself. I do not use my multi tool as much as I do a regular knife. So therefore the ankle is a great location. The ankle pouch link I provided, those are quite comfortable and have two pockets each. I keep the bit kit in the back pocket, since I rarely ever use them.
On the pouch on my right ankle, where I keep two gun mags, I also attached a seperate holder for keeping two sets of 123 batteries.
Some of my friends are amazed at the amount of stuff I carry every day. But to me it is second nature.