Any News on the Fenix Headlamp(s)

YuccaPatrol

Newly Enlightened
Didn't know such a thing was in the works, but I'd love to see something equivalent to an L2D as a headlamp. For me, it would have to use AA batteries.

Empyfree

Enlightened
fenixlight.com teased us by adding "headlamps" to their website aaages ago! no fresh news though. What we need is 4 7s to provide us with unsubstantiated rumours and teasers to keep us talking about it! :poke:

YuccaPatrol

Newly Enlightened
If they made a L2D equivalent with two AA batteries side by side in a matchbox shaped case with the LED head popping out of the top, it would be a fantastic headlamp that could be easily attached to helmets or a headstrap.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Hmm... I recall that 4sevens was working on a headlamp awhile ago with an unnamed company (not Fenix) but, unfortunately, things didn't go as planned. It was for a 1xCR123 Cree headlamp and he just needed a company to back the ideas (and not take advantage of his ideas) - I'm hoping Fenix will step- / has stepped-up... Any updates 4sevens? :popcorn:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/143397&highlight=fenix+headlamp

I'm sourcing a 1xcr123a cree XR-E headlamp right now.
80 lumens (2 hours) on high
15 hours on low
It's NOT fenix though

Ok ... quick update and I'm sorry for not updating... The company I was working working with (yes WAS) subcontracted another company in china. I started seeing some of the lights looking very similar to what we have drawn up so I inquired - yep - they were subcontracting a company in china. I terminated cooperation with them since the subcontracting company would benefit from my design and feedback. This is a major bummer because I have spent lots of time working with these guys only to find out that I'm working with a bucket full of holes! :( Anyway, until I find another company to work with me exclusively, the project is now on hold. And yes, this is NOT a fenix headlamp. :p

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
im confused, if fenix is not coming out with a fenix headlamp, then why out it on thier website? hmmmm..

Crenshaw

RGB_LED

Enlightened
OHHH!!!! Now I see what crenshaw is talking about... http://www.fenixlight.com/newping.asp?classid=2... :ohgeez:

Hmm... makes me wonder if this could be the reason for the chocolate cake listing on Fenix Store's site... Is there a significant milestone for Fenix / Fenix Store? Perhaps upcoming announcement(s)??? I don't want to spread false rumours but now I'm really intrigued... :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Btw, I also notice Fenix-Store now has a new link (empty at the moment) for Zebralights... https://www.fenix-store.com/index.php?cPath=89 :D

Last edited:

GaryF

Enlightened
Hmm... I recall that 4sevens was working on a headlamp awhile ago with an unnamed company (not Fenix) but, unfortunately, things didn't go as planned. It was for a 1xCR123 Cree headlamp and he just needed a company to back the ideas (and not take advantage of his ideas) - I'm hoping Fenix will step- / has stepped-up... Any updates 4sevens? :popcorn:

4sevens later confirmed that Fenix was planning a headlamp:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2111313&postcount=113
I can confirm that Fenix is working on a headlamp. ETA late this year or beginning of next. :p

and this in response to Gunga's question... "Can you at least tell us if headlamp is coming in the next few months? THere have been conflicting reports..."

Yes there is. ETA 1st qtr 2008
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showpost.php?p=2082945&postcount=10

In combination with the headlamp section on fenixlight.com, I think it's more a question of when, not if Fenix will produce a headlamp.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
4sevens later confirmed that Fenix was planning a headlamp:https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2111313&postcount=113

and this in response to Gunga's question... "Can you at least tell us if headlamp is coming in the next few months? THere have been conflicting reports..."

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showpost.php?p=2082945&postcount=10
In combination with the headlamp section on fenixlight.com, I think it's more a question of when, not if Fenix will produce a headlamp.
:twothumbs Thx GaryF, didn't see that thread.

Enlightened
Hmm... makes me wonder if this could be the reason for the chocolate cake listing on Fenix Store's site... Is there a significant milestone for Fenix / Fenix Store? Perhaps upcoming announcement(s)??? I don't want to spread false rumours but now I'm really intrigued... :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

The cake is a lie!

Rzr800

Enlightened
"..As for a Fenix headlamp, I hope they come to market and compete. Competition benefits the consumer..."

I'll take the above literally and question whether advance marketing is even important to most companies out there (anymore) in relation to competition right around the corner.
I look at this forum base as a pretty darn intelligent one that certainly appreciates the vendor attention anytime it is given to them and who truly reward those 21st century new (cough) 'marketeers' who take the time to participate here on a regular basis. CPF or CPFM is not obviously the 'end-all' to any successful launch of a product; yet my mind keeps going back to the little company out of nowhere who teased us so perfectly with a product (that they were actually proud of) while rewarding CPF(M) members with not only extremely detailed advance information/pre-production reviews...but pretty darn good advance pricing as well.

Yeah, we'll keep checking back to see if this question or that is ever answered or ignored...yet it takes a pretty darn sharp marketing plan to keep BOTH of your brand new products from falling off of the CPFM board for months at a time...and I believe that intimately involved/detailed advance word is a big part of it.

I'm not faulting Fenix or anybody else one bit for playing these releases close to the vest...yet I'm still waiting for some company to come on in here and capture lightning in a tube as Edgetac did with their new release marketing plan not long ago. We can all be pretty easily played like a fiddle up here...yet you've really got to know the tune better than the next guy to truly compete and not be drowned out on these fast-moving boards.

Simply my $.02 and no nastiness intended in any way, shape or form.

Last edited:

Enlightened
I would like the see the headlamp designed with mounts that can accept existing Fenix heads, P3D for a 4xAA/2xCR123 model and most of the rest for a 2xAA/1xCR123. Or perhaps have both types of battery packs available and interchangeable (with the appropriate heads).

RustyKnee

Enlightened
I would like the see the headlamp designed with mounts that can accept existing Fenix heads, P3D for a 4xAA/2xCR123 model and most of the rest for a 2xAA/1xCR123. Or perhaps have both types of battery packs available and interchangeable (with the appropriate heads).

That would be cool. I have reckon thats a good way to make a bike light too.

Stu