Affordable $20ish AAA keychain LED light

KSH92474

Newly Enlightened
basically looking for what the title says, is there anything real affordable(like $20ish and under) thats LED and keychainable? I lost my Fenix LOP Head so im needing a new one.

Thanks!

oregon

Enlightened
I've heard of too many problems with the Rex to tell people to buy it.

I have no complaints with the REX I've carried since they became available. I purchased several extra REX for gifts. I really enjoy recharging off a AA battery.

Unlike the twisty Fenix LOD CE it hasn't turned on while being carried so the REX has been perfectly reliable in that when I turn it on it produces light. Also, on a lanyard it does its job hands-free.

oregon

Last edited:

warlord

Enlightened
I'd say you need to be more specific about what you want. You can get a camo arc AAA for $18 (non HAIII) or a Fenix L0P from battery junction for $29. And there's also the streamlight microlight for $12...

But in order to point you in the right direction we just need to know what your requirements are.

Last edited:

sawlight

Enlightened
There was a link for a sale price on the camo Arc aaa's for $17ish, that was a good buy!!!

Also the Brookstone is a very bright light, if you are not going to be terribly hard on it.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you tell us about the specific problems ?
I don't have a Rex, so I'm just relaying what I read in other threads.
Basically a lot of units had problems with charging; they'd accept a charge from 1.2V or 1.5V batteries but wouldn't work off lithium cells, some would refuse to charge at all, and it seemed many had issues of overdischarging leading to early death of the cell.

Did LRI fix the problems in the first runs of the Rex?