Anybody got any experience with the "Detonator 1 Cell Extender for SureFire"?

1wrx7

Enlightened
Re: Anybody got any experience with the "Detonator 1 Cell Extender for SureFire"?

It depends how you use it. With lamps, make sure you match the voltage so they don't blow:mecry: It's a great way to use 12v mn60 bulbs mith a C3/9P and KT1 turbohead. With LED's you'll probally just get more runtime. It depends on the circuit running the LED. The best part is you would have more options for a lot of Surefire lights. I don't own the extender you asked about but I have some other TNC parts and I like them. Good machining:thumbsup:

USM0083

Enlightened
Re: Anybody got any experience with the "Detonator 1 Cell Extender for SureFire"?

I have a Detonator on a 6P and currently have a Lumens Factory HO-9 powered by 2 x 17500 cells. 320 emitter lumens and excellent color rendition for 40 minutes.

2 x 17500 cells are much better than 2 x RCR123s. Higher capacity and they hold up under load better, especially when driving incans.

As 1wrx7 says, it gives you more options with batteries and voltages. Some LED modules are optimized for certain voltages.

generic808

Enlightened

Same here but my 2 x 17500's are running a Q5 in my 6P. I get the same voltage as 2 RCR's but my runtime is longer.

mhubble

Enlightened

Thanks for the input, might have to order one of these now.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast

Fit and finish are good. I found mine to be uncomfortable to use without gloves, so I filed the edges down slightly.

generic808

Enlightened

They still have the grey color in stock and it's on sale for $17.99. I remember it used to be on sale for only $14.99, but for $17.99, it's still a steal.

GREY_DETONATOR

mhubble

Enlightened

Seems like a nice part. Its too bad they're out of stock.

Yea found that out when I went to order it. Dont think the grey will match my 6pd real well. Ill wait till black is in stock. Thanks for all the input.

USM0083

Enlightened

6P + Detonator, HO-9 driven by 2 x 17500 cells.
DSC03055.jpg

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast

Uhm, I'm a big fan of Lighthound, but am I the only one who thinks naming an extender tube that will add another rechargeable lithium-ion battery to a multi-cell light "The Detonator" might not be the wisest marketing move? :confused:

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yea found that out when I went to order it. Dont think the grey will match my 6pd real well. Ill wait till black is in stock. Thanks for all the input.

It's my understanding Lighthound has discontinued these. If there is interest for TnC to make more of these in black (we have NAT in stock) then please post an interest thread in our TnC Products custom/mod sub forum. Thanks

sixshooter_45

Newly Enlightened

It's my understanding Lighthound has discontinued these. If there is interest for TnC to make more of these in black (we have NAT in stock) then please post an interest thread in our TnC Products custom/mod sub forum. Thanks

Do you have the MC123 1-Cell Extender (HA-Black) in stock?

It states that you have three, but I wanted to double check first.:poke:

Latest posts