4cell maglite custom thing

hubbytuby

Newly Enlightened
Im 17 and becoming a flashaholic. I own a T1, 6p, and L0D. Ok i plan to make a powerful car head light halogon or HID bulb out of a 4 cell maglite. For my power i will use 2 of my RC car battery packs. Each one of these is 7.2 volts so i will end up will 14.2 volts, plenty to power a 12 volt bulb. These packs will be ducktaped to the side. Next I wil make a visit to the hardware store or radioshack or whatever to find a bulb. I dont know wat to use can you help me out. I think a small Car headlight halogon will work? Some how i will house it inside the exsisting maglite and then conect it to the battery. I choose a maglite because it has a focasable beam and all i want is max throw on this project. If you have anything to add or say please do, this was a spurr of the moment idea.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Well, most people make the ROP mod with a 4D mag(6 Sub C batteries).

Depending on the size of the pack and what it's made up of, you might not be able to fit it in the Maglite.

My first worry would be melting the reflector, window, and switch module.

The resistance of the switch could also come into play.

hubbytuby

Newly Enlightened
Well, most people make the ROP mod with a 4D mag(6 Sub C batteries).

Depending on the size of the pack and what it's made up of, you might not be able to fit it in the Maglite.

My first worry would be melting the reflector, window, and switch module.

The resistance of the switch could also come into play.

What is the ROP mod?

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi...proud to know another 17 flashaholic!:D

1st: make sure that you 2 Battery packs fit into the mag-lite body

2nd: are them NiMh or NiCd? if they are NiCd you may not have enough
power for a 12V 50,75,100W bulb

3rd:if you want to use very powerful bulbs in your light you must have: metal reflector & glass lens (stock parts will melt because of the heat)

4th: this is what I suggest: 14,4V battery pack(s) (if your batteies dosn't work you can bought a battery pack from CPFer LUXLUTHOR that makes high quality packs), KIU socket that hold in position the bulb (PM CPF member KIU), glass lens and metal reflector from CPF member FIVEMEGA, and for the bulb an osram 64623 bi-pin bulbs available from bulbconnections.com

happy modding and good luck!

hubbytuby

Newly Enlightened
no i think im going to go with the fivemega head with tube extensions 17 d bats and 458 bulb.