• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD!! Rare McGizmo XR27C for sale SOLD

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the quick sale!!
Yaesumofo

HI guys I have a real beauty for sale here.
tibeauty.jpg

It is the one in the middle.
A genuine McGizmo XR27C.
This is am amazing hunk of titanium.
If you are new then you may or may not know that this is a rare and extremely beautiful flashlight which Rarely comes up for sale here or anywhere.
Mine is in PERFECT condition as received from Don.
My need to expand my collection forces me to sell one of my rare lights.
The price is $650 PayPal only: add 3% for cash PP, 4% for CC.

I am not interested in trades. I am funding another purchase with this sale
Please PM any questions you may have. thank you.
This particular light is only available here and at this price. The price is the price. Just like buying a Saturn.
Yaesumofo

Thanks for the quick sale.
Yaesumofo

Last edited:

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like you're locked and loaded for the next Ti Wave eh Yaesumofo?:naughty:

Mayo

charlesn

Enlightened
So is this a Cree in the 27 head with a clickie pak? I know the XR19C is rare, but I didn't know that this light existed at all. How many did Don make?

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light and it's internals are well covered here.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1719755#post1719755

True I did say that I would never sell a ti McGizmo.

I changed my mind.
For what it is worth the xr27C is a wonderful flashlight.
I was desirous of one from the very first time I became aware of them.
While I played Lego's with my ti flashlights I discovered that that there was a form factor I liked more that was the PD version of the body with the 27mm head. Being a purist I could not for some reason bring myself to permanently switch the lights around.
I really LOVE my stock 19mm TI PD (likely my favorite McGizmo flashlight next to my T).
Anyway the bottom line here is that while I waited a long time for and got really lucky in getting a xr27c I have also been waiting for a long time to get a LUNASOL. The Lunasol has the qualities of the short body PD I like and multi beams.
So I made a decision to sell my XR27C so I could buy a LunaSol.

Did I want to sell my XR27C? No NOt really. Did I want a Lunasol? Yes I did.
Did I have the cash? No I did not. The writers strike (I am not a writer but I was unable to work for quite some time) did a good job of clearing a good hunk of my reserves. Flashlight money is not a top priorty in my house when there is a 9 year old kid and wonderful wife (who is happy for me to be a flashlight freak BTW (she EDCs a nickle plated McGizmo MULE Don made for as a gift) My hobby has to be somewhat self supporting. Without work it is tough to support at the McGizmo titanium level)

I guess I should never say never!! But I will say that the one McGizmo light I will never sell (can't sell) is my T. the reason being that a buddy of mine on the cpf made me a gift of a Damascus clip for my T. Next to the stock clip it is the best clip I have ever seen for the light. The T is the best twisty I own. It is a beautiful example of the state of that art. (no I have not modded it with a new fangled emitter I am sort of superstitious about certain things like rare lights with gifts attached to them.
It is ok to call me nuts BTW I will agree.

I have to admit that I am smitten by the Lunasol. To me it is a very exciting new bleeding edge light. Dual drivers and dual beams. how cool is that? In an all titanium flashlight along with the sapphire window!!

I could figure out a way to go on and on about this. I wont. I will just be patient and wait for the light. I am going to have a beautiful holster made by art of the hide for it. It deserves the best IMHO.

Funny I never got a holster for my rx27C for some reason. I wonder why?
Yaesumofo