Blade rust

Shreklight

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone, I have a Kershaw Blur that has several small specks of rust on either side of the blade. What is my best bet for removing it without damaging the blade?

cutlerylover

Banned
This is common on kershaw for some reason, even though they all have that grey finish on the blade...1st I woudl try using rubbing alcohol on a napkin or paper towel, if that desn't work, lighter fluid...But whats best if you have it is a metal polish like flitz....

Kraid

Enlightened
I just use my oil of choice(Militec-1) on a lint free cloth and do some vigorous rubbing.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it is light, an oil on a piece of soft cloth might do it, or on a piece of leather. If it is heavier Flitz with a piece of soft leather works very well. It is is REAL bad and you have to get nasty with it I have used 3M car rubbing compound with steel wool, works on rusted car bumbers too ;). Then go with the Flitz and leather to polish.

I find that Birchwood Caseys gunstock wax is a nice preventative for all gun metal and knives. And it leaves a nice gloss too boot.

Shreklight

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the replies, I went with the toothbrush and toothpaste and it worked like a charm. Luckily there wasn't much rust so it came off pretty easily.