Battery Junction
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanium Aleph & E Series compatible heads/tubes/tails**Announcing TnC Ti EDC-Flex**

Default Re: **TnC EDC-Flex Series Interest/Announcement Thread**E Series Compatible Lights/Pa

I'm in for a Ti 38mm head and 18650 tube. I'm more of a DIYer, so in terms of LED I'm thinking an under-driven (or DD) P7.

-DF
    KineticParadox ...a personal web space with my CBA Battery Testing and my LED Bin Coding Charts.

Default Re: **TnC EDC-Flex Series Interest/Announcement Thread**E Series Compatible Lights/Pa

I have some not so good news on the sapphire lenses. We were quoted a price of $82 for 50x and $70 for 100x with an additional machine setup fee. These lenses are made in the US so maybe that accounts for the high cost? If anyone knows a cheaper supply with a lower minimum order we're open to consider it. We'd be willing to pass on the lenses at cost, but we could not meet the minimum order even if we do.

We are still waiting on the UCL and mineral lens bids to come back, but once again we'll see on the minimum order. That's the way it is with these parts. Without enough interest it becomes a stumbling block to building for a number of reasons.

Yeah sapphire is tough, and a luxury / nicety...but really, would the lack of one be a dealbreaker on the whole head for those of you that wanted them?
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

For me sapphire would be more for bragging rights vice use. A fresh UCL can be replaced many times over for the cost of one sapphire.

On B/S/T the A3 (38mm) heads are not very popular. But because it has never been released (as far as i know) in Ti it would probably sell.

Flashaholic

A Ti light of this caliber, size and cost should have a saphire lens I would be willing to pay the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTz View Post
    A Ti light of this caliber, size and cost should have a saphire lens I would be willing to pay the cost.
    Yes, I agree and would pay for a Sapphire lens.

I am not sure of the exact diameter required for the Aleph 3 window.

I know for my 27mm head, the window is 29.3mm.

There seem to be many suppliers for Sapphire windows when doing a google search.

If someone has the exact diameter (and thickness. 2mm?) I am happy to send off some emails and get a quote for the windows.

David

Is there a ballpark estimate on pricing for the 27mm heads, in Ti and Al??

Hi JohnTz,

The cost of the Sapphire lenses as quoted to us was $4,100 + machine setup fees. If 50 guys felt like you we’d be in business. We haven’t given up, but please understand the project is stalled until we source these lenses.

dmdrewitt,

The lenses measure 41.80mm x 2.90mm. If you can find better pricing then please let us know. However please understand we trust our current lens manufacturer in the US, and there can be significant risk to send $$$ to an unknown entity.

The mineral lens and UCL pricing came back at $10 and $20 respectively if included with a head. Otherwise I’d likely sell the UCLs for $30 each. It’s possible we could save some money building the lenses to different specs but it may prove a challenge in trying to retrofit to previous 38mm heads if we do.

Once again unless I can sell 50x 38mm heads then my cost on these lenses is much more than I quoted since there is a 50pcs. minimum order on these as well. Please remember there is a 6 week lead time after we order lenses until we get them. Until there is a consensus on how to proceed we will be in a holding pattern.

Cuso,

The Al 27mm heads would likely be $70 or less, but once again this depends on interest. The Ti cost would depend on which reflector we would use as well as interest. I’ll try to get you a ball park on this as well.

If someone wants to start an interest list, that might be helpful to keep track. At this point I am committed to building the Ti 38mm heads, but there appears to be much less than the 25pcs. minimum I’ve quoted. I want these heads for myself as well, but I do not need a dozen or more as Ti is durable and likely won’t wear out through my use. The same is true for building other parts. There is an economy of scale and profit margin enjoyed by those who build larger runs. What it takes for truly custom small runs often doesn’t seem supported.

Thanks to those who have expressed interest.
    Last edited by Bogus1; 04-04-2008 at 08:52 AM.

I can barely ready your font..

Quote Originally Posted by Cuso View Post
    I can barely ready your font..
    Ooops. Sorry. I fixed it, but the page seems to be acting a little strange since that's as small as I can make it.

Now that McGizmo is releasing some Ti bodies i would be interested in a 20mm Ti head or 2

I'd be in for a 27mm Ti head

Quote Originally Posted by starfiretoo View Post
    Now that McGizmo is releasing some Ti bodies i would be interested in a 20mm Ti head or 2
    I Conur! Put me down for a 20mm Ti Head plz!

Mayo

*Flashaholic*

Will these heads work on the new McGizmo C-Pak?

Quote Originally Posted by donn_ View Post
    Will these heads work on the new McGizmo C-Pak?
    Donn, they will, both are E-series compatible.

My interest and commitment with prices listed so far....

1x 38mm in ti w/ buck boost multi level driver and Seoul P7, w/ reflector w/ extra lens

1x 38mm in aluminum with one multi LED setup ( if needed I'll have some one else do the mutli LED thing) in nickel plating w/ extra lens

1x 27mm short w/ extra lens and with DIY can in Black HA

1x 20mm in ti with K2 or later & FLuPIC ....

2x 18650 body, and 2x 18650 extender one in Ti one in EN plating

2x CR123 body one in Black HA and one in ti

1x 123 extender in Ti one in Black HA (I'm assuming these will allow for 186050 use when paired with the 123 body????)

Well I know what I want from what this looks like is being offered. Will the body and extenders be offered in Ti if not part of a complete light?

thom

Please PM me when your ready for PayPal...

thom

Oh Thom, you rock.

You really are a Flashaholic!

Flashaholic

thom is becoming the new donn

I've said it before and will say it again:

I'm nowhere close to donn, I get the feeling he could buy and sell me like a penny stock, even if he lost his wallet.

I am late to the "game" and don't yet have very many nice Ti lights, if all these make it to reality I will have a great start. I wouldn't have even found this thread if donn didn't point me here. Also, I very rarely see donn offer anything for sell, I need to all the time just to be able to try different stuff. I've replace smoking with CPF by buying and trying lights. My wife thinks I spend about the same on lights as I did smokes. I would bet more than half of the members here have bigger, better, more expensive collections than me. I've seen some pictures of collections and jealously think "How the hell?" and "WTF do these guys do for a living?"
    I'm just a little compulsive and have bought a few to many in a short period of time.

donn is a class act and a great CPFr, and while I would aspire to have his knowledge, skills, good looks, and collection ; I'm afraid I'll never really come close.

thom

I am in for a 20mm and 27mm head in Ti probably w/piglet and SSCP4

At this point I am very interested in Ti 18650 tube@ tale-switch and XR 19 Ti head.
    From many lights I own, this combinations serves me most of time. In Ti it would be ultimate light.
    Any plans for those?

Quote Originally Posted by Groundhog66 View Post
    I am in for a 20mm and 27mm head in Ti probably w/piglet and SSCP4

Nice choice

thom

I didn't anticipate close to 100x CR123 Ti tubes hitting the market two weeks after posting this thread. To pick up from here it does seem to make sense to concentrate on building Ti heads and 18650 tubes to start. We’ll still be seeking interest in building Ti CR123 tubes in case buyers want something different however. We will be bulding 38mm Ti heads, 27mm Ti heads, as well as 20mm Ti and/or 19mm Ti heads. At some point in there or afterwards we plan on building aluminum EDC-Flex parts as well.

Hi thom,

It may be a challenge to build 38mm P7 E Series heads using buck/boost drivers but we are testing a driver and have run these in DD. The P7 works well with the 27XR reflector but is a flood. For throw the best has been the 3” Carley (BBH) head. I’ve included a couple pictures below of the P7 in DD configuration and with an adaptor/module for a driver for TnC C-Flex bodies. These modules were built to SF-Series specs and you could run existing TnC SF-Series 27XR heads (same threads as BBH) with these adaptor/modules as pictured on the available C-Flex bodies. I feel the C-Flex with a C Li-ion is a good candidate for such a high draw LED. However we are testing/drawing designs to build P7 E Series tube compatible modules. If these work well and if there is interest…

We’ll see whether there is interest for 123 extenders and whether they will work well with the design we have for our 123 EDC-Flex tubes or our 18650 tubes. I’ll post drawings of the tubes tonight. However a 123 tubes + 123 extender will not fit 18mm batteries.

With interest we’ll offer extenders in Ti. We’ll be selling parts separately and perhaps as complete lights as well.

Hi Russki,

Yes I should have you covered at some point

Once again looking at this interest thread gives me pause. If there is a brave soul who can decipher this into a list we would certainly appreciate it.
    Last edited by Bogus1; 04-07-2008 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogus1 View Post
    We will be bulding 38mm Ti heads, 27mm Ti heads, as well as 20mm Ti and/or 19mm Ti heads. At some point in there or afterwards we plan on building aluminum EDC-Flex parts as well.
    Great news Eric.

I don't think anyone but Don anticipated the release of the Ti McC paks, and that threw a wrench in the spokes of your tube plans. But on the other hand there is now a serious shortage of Ti heads as Don doesn't plan on offerring matching heads. Although there are some skilled machinists who are painstakingly turning them one at a time, I think the time is now for a TnC run.

My seat of the pants impression is that you will easily sell 25 each of the different sizes with or without an interest list. The 38 mm is in demand since they simply aren't available, but the carryable 19 and 20 mm will be more affordable and practical. I like the 27 mm for a compromise between throw and pocketability.

Build them and we will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogus1 View Post

Hi Russki,

Yes I should have you covered at some point

Once again looking at this interest thread gives me pause. If there is a brave soul who can decipher this into a list we would certainly appreciate it.
    Thanks Eric, this is excellent news.
    Now, I will stop buying other lights, and start save on “TnC Ti Ultimate 18650-XR19”
    Look, I got name for it already.

Sounds like plan eric! Since I already have a certain multi led flood/throw Ti flashlight, a 20 or 19 mm Ti head will be great for edc!

Mayo

I've included drawings of a 18650 tube (bottom) and CR123 tube (top drawings). In the drawings the tubes don't show the milling intended for the tail section. I have included a rather crude drawing to show one possible tail view of these tubes (middle white drawing). If buyers prefer to have a round tail guard we will likely be willing to accommodate this. However with the cut-away in the crude drawing you can see how you can have both worlds: a true aggressive finger grip as well as a low profile pocket carry tube all in one. We plan to also offer milled holes for a Ti clip on the sides of the tubes without the tail guards.

As can be seen, there is a slope up to the head section of the EDC-Flex tubes. This is a nice feature but it is yet unknown how well this will mate with the proposed extenders. It may prove a nice additional grip or an awkward lump for all we know at this time. The extender drawings should give insight.

Thumbs up Re: **TnC EDC-Flex Series Interest/Announcement Thread**E Series Compatible Lights/Pa

Those flares look great.
    Unique and looks good, In my opinion.
    I miss my Milkmods.

Ooooh, that tube design looks superb.

I'd like a 123 tube with clip for my new EDC.