PK Design Lab
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanium Aleph & E Series compatible heads/tubes/tails**Announcing TnC Ti EDC-Flex**

Default Re: **TnC EDC-Flex Series Interest/Announcement Thread**E Series Compatible Lights/Pa

I really would prefer XR19 (reflector design for Cree) over modified Seoul reflector.
    I hope you make some XR 19 heads, best light beam in my opinion.
    Thanks for you efforts.

Default Re: **TnC EDC-Flex Series Interest/Announcement Thread**E Series Compatible Lights/Pa

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTz View Post
    Eric, I for one have expressed my interest since day one of this thread. I will continue to. I would even prepay for a complete tri-led light in Ti, 38mm head size with a 18650 tube. Let me know how to make that happen with you. I would hate for you guys to feel like we are not supportive of this effort. This is a very exciting product set.
    Eric, me too. I agree with everything JohnTz has written. Yes I have expressed an interest to buy from "the other party", but I also have PayPal ready to buy from you.

I don't see anything wrong with the other party making Aleph sized parts. They have a different twist to them, and 2 other CPF'ers have done this in the past.

In post #20 in this thread you expressed an interest.

I'm interested. thanks
    In this thread, Post #40, Don makes these comments

I don't believe my blessing is required.
    Neat head offered here and had I seen this thread in time, I would have bought one myself!
    I know TnC does AWESOME work. I believe you machine for Mr Bulk. And the workmanship is second to none. You are quite correct saying that

"Chris is no novice. He was the first to machine custom lights, the first to make custom reflectors, the first to machine custom Ti and the list goes on. "
    I have tremendous respect for yourself and Chris and what you do.

I personally find it hard to visualize a product from many separate renderings, and I much prefer to see a photograph of a finished piece. Then I can see what I do and don't like. Not the most cost effective way to work for a company to work. I realize this.

Are there more people out there like me? Would more people chime in if they saw a finished light in Titanium?

I would say that this prototype light would be snapped up straight away if it was offered for sale.

Maybe there are too many initial offerings? Too many variables? Too many options. If the run started with less options, and a lower quantity. See how it sells when people see the finished product.

I don't know the answer, I am just expressing my views

To summarize, I think more interest would be generated by seeing a picture of a finished Titanium light, and having the word "Titanium" in the thread title.

David

ps I do like the alteration to the end of the cell tube and I will be buying from TnC

*Flashaholic*

Bogus 1, I vote for the load-from-near-the-front option. I have split-body 18650 tubes which function very nicely with the spacer. Regarding your concerns about the sudden appearance of Ti parts: From my point of view, you have nothing to worry about. I bought 2 of the wave of 95 1x123 clicky packs, but it will not diminish what I buy from you. Given the chance, I'll also probably buy Aleph copy heads in Ti. I like the Aleph designs, and have a large number of light engines for them. My impression is there will only be a trickle of such heads from the members you mention. I think the market for Ti lights and parts is larger than we may imagine. You'll capture a large part of that market by continuing to innovate, in both design and execution.

Quote Originally Posted by donn_ View Post
    Regarding your concerns about the sudden appearance of Ti parts: From my point of view, you have nothing to worry about. I bought 2 of the wave of 95 1x123 clicky packs, but it will not diminish what I buy from you. Given the chance, I'll also probably buy Aleph copy heads in Ti. I like the Aleph designs, and have a large number of light engines for them. My impression is there will only be a trickle of such heads from the members you mention. I think the market for Ti lights and parts is larger than we may imagine. You'll capture a large part of that market by continuing to innovate, in both design and execution.
    +1, some very good points here donn_

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by dmdrewitt View Post
    Maybe there are too many initial offerings? Too many variables? Too many options. If the run started with less options, and a lower quantity. See how it sells when people see the finished product.

I don't know the answer, I am just expressing my views

To summarize, I think more interest would be generated by seeing a picture of a finished Titanium light, and having the word "Titanium" in the thread title.

David

ps I do like the alteration to the end of the cell tube and I will be buying from TnC
    +1

I am no flashlight assembling expert. I would like to see and buy a finished light. I love the prototypes so far. I have been chasing a multi-led Ti light for a while. Build me one and I will buy it ASAP. As I said, I will even prepay and be your guinea pig for the first one. The market is large for quality Ti. Start selling, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Hi guys,

I understand your points and of course you are right on most of it. TnC doesn't ask for any kind of loyalty from customers. My post was a bit emotional to be honest and emotions are ok with a hobby but don't work well with business. TnC flashlights is just a hobby for both Chris and me, but at the same time I'm trying to manage it as a business to some degree which makes it confusing at times.

We didn't invent E Series parts and if Don hadn't made statements in the past to the effect he was walking away from E Series parts (and given his blessing or not to others) then we wouldn't have considered the project in the first place. We only started this thread due to numerous requests. At the same time if I had seen anyone else actively making E Series Ti parts weeks ago I wouldn't have started this thread. In reality CPF is a TINY market. I thought we gave fair warning and showed our intent with this thread. If someone was geared up to make parts, or had a stock pile, in an ideal CPF (the way I think it used to be) we would have been notified, just as I would notify someone (and have in the past) when I was geared up to make something. We've learned the lesson that others have and we won't have threads like this in the future. While we're trying to get feedback so we build something guys want others are filling the market.

Anyhow, the moment has passed for me. We might be able to sell some CR123 tubes, but likely not many. I'm a stubborn guy so I plan to make some, as well as other tubes. We are gearing down for lower production on the heads as well to 15pcs. Likely we won't pursue some of the other ideas we had on the table because it's just no longer feasible. I think CPF loses in the end and so does innovation, but that's just my view and I could be completely wrong about that. I do think it's great there are guys cutting one off pieces manually on a lathe. The problem is the interest here is so small it becomes challenging and a money losing proposition for all the design, prototyping, and tooling that is required from a CNC shop like TnC. These parts are designed from scratch. How is that effort supposed to be recovered from 10, 25, or even 100 parts? I'm sorry if I brought any bad feelings to this process and will try not to repeat that mistake.

BTW, Chris machines many other custom lights than Bulk's, including most of MJ's parts. Much of Chris' work and custom flashlight builds never get seen on CPF.

Thanks,
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Bogus1 View Post
    I think CPF loses in the end and so does innovation, but that's just my view and I could be completely wrong about that. I do think it's great there are guys cutting one off pieces manually on a lathe. The problem is the interest here is so small it becomes challenging and a money losing proposition for all the design, prototyping, and tooling that is required from a CNC shop like TnC. These parts are designed from scratch. How is that effort supposed to be recovered from 10, 25, or even 100 parts? I'm sorry if I brought any bad feelings to this process and will try not to repeat that mistake.

BTW, Chris machines many other custom lights than Bulk's, including most of MJ's parts. Much of Chris' work and custom flashlight builds never get seen on CPF.

Thanks,
    Eric
    Yes, CPF will be loosing out BIG STYLE!!!

I don't want this to happen. I am happy to run an interest list.

Eric, what options should I make available on the interest list?

David

*Flashaholic*

Eric,

I'll be blunt. I don't think you've gotten over the emotion of this issue, and your proposed plan to limit the size of runs and styles offered is very much akin to a self-fulfilling prophecy. Limit the runs, and the prices go up. Raise the prices, and you shrink the market. Not good.

The interest here is reflective of two things; Here doesn't get as much traffic as other spots on CPF, and despite repeated suggestions to place the word Titanium in the thread title, you have chosen not to.

CPF may be a tiny market, but it's plenty big enough to sell more than 15 pieces of a Ti part, particularly one with the attention to detail your parts exhibit. Pardon me for preaching, but I made my bones selling stuff.

Do me a few favors:

1. Put "Titanium" in the thread title.

2. Take David up on his offer to run the interest list.

3. Reconsider the size of your runs.

I'll commit to $5,000 worth of your Ti inventory, sight-unseen. Make it worth my while.

Eric,

I'll commit to $5,000 worth of your Ti inventory, sight-unseen. Make it worth my while.
    WOW!!!

thats awesome!
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Got it, i see what you are getting at. The body is universal and the front piece is an "E" series adapter of sorts. sounds good.

I like the idea of the twin "ears" and a deep rib body for grip retention. When it comes to Ti, knurling is usually ruled out so grip suffers. Not that i'm asking for knurling, just an alternate.

I read the separate thread for A19 and A1 heads. This was in response to another thread sale for a total of 95 Ti bodies being for sale sans head. Most of us do not have a spare Ti head lying around. An Al head will work but i for one would like to put a Ti head on it. At this juncture if you run a waiting list for a run of 20mm reflector Ti heads it would fill up fast. Please count me for #1 or next in line if you do.

SF2,

You raise good points. Let me see. I think you want to load your cells either close to the front or back of the tube. I've tried tubes that loaded in the middle and found issues with those, such as cutting into the battery casing on tight fits while threading the parts together.

So the choice is between tail loaded and front loaded then. We could use something like a C Series tail cap, since the E Series isn't the best choice for 18mm cells because it doesn't allow for battery size tolerances. I don't see the advantage over what we are doing now with our two piece tube/tail however.

Using our adaptors, these same exact tubes could be used as C Series tubes if we just make a different head adaptor. That's much less cost with the Ti material than making a whole tube with dedicated head threads. The advantage is the modular potential with our design. There really isn't much modular advantage to having tail caps that can be swapped. I think swapping whether you can use an E Series heads, or a C Series head or... is a large advantage. Does that make sense?

Below is a possible change Chris drew up as an alternate tail guard. We could put holes or whatever else is most popular but it would take a resounding vote.

I want to discuss what we are going to do now with this thread or perhaps even for TnC in general. CPF used to be about guys doing unique projects and having discussion threads of those projects. That was what interested me in CPF long before I signed on. We tried to continue on with that practice in this thread and have been punished for it. We have spent many hours prototyping, drawing, brain storming and posting these ideas to come up with a nice new product line. Chris is no novice. He was the first to machine custom lights, the first to make custom reflectors, the first to machine custom Ti and the list goes on.

In the past guys, including other builders would honor the efforts of others. Even though we've had this thread running for weeks now and our intentions are clear we have seen a large run of parts sold in the mean time that were just sitting around previously. Now we see a thread that was just opened today to machine Ti heads of the various sizes we are offering. This party needs an A2 to "copy" it. TnC is using off the shelf parts such as reflectors from Don so that our heads would be compatible to other parts in circulation. We are not copying heads. Is it that within a week or two someone can post the first Ti parts they make and then just open a thread to build these after we have put so much public effort into our project? Is that what CPF is about, seeing what other guys are doing and trying to beat them to their own market?

Anyhow if CPF truly doesn't want innovation then that's what will happen if this effort is supported. You cannot have a talented machine shop with the nearly unrivaled experience Chris has building custom lights working in this environment. It doesn't take much if any talent to just copy parts, but that's all you will end up with.

Sure we could use the Ti we've already purchased for this project to build something else but is that the right thing? We're going to continue on and hope CPF members will do the right thing. We might be shipping our 20mm or 19mm heads, as well as 27mm and possibly 38mm heads in a week or two weeks at the outside. Obviously we're going to have to rush if we are going to be able to sell what we've already started building. Likely I'll post drawings, prices and or pictures of our machined parts today. Thanks for your interest.

I love this design and would certainly take it at a stroke if it were offered.

Like some of the others mentioned though, I don't think you should be
    concerned about other members making separate Ti heads.

If anything, it will create a demand for more Ti parts, not less.

The more stunning pictures being posted up in the Ti collections thread,
    the more people will want to buy other Ti lego for themselves.

I'm also sure there are a very high proportion of us that are aware of Chris's
    machining expertise and his longstanding relationship with CPF.

BTW, it was a magnificent gesture by Donn to commit the way he just
    did and I hope that these responses give you and Chris all the
    encouragement that you need to show that your hard work will be
    rewarded.
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine

Flashaholic

Eric,

I'll be blunt. I don't think you've gotten over the emotion of this issue, and your proposed plan to limit the size of runs and styles offered is very much akin to a self-fulfilling prophecy. Limit the runs, and the prices go up. Raise the prices, and you shrink the market. Not good.

The interest here is reflective of two things; Here doesn't get as much traffic as other spots on CPF, and despite repeated suggestions to place the word Titanium in the thread title, you have chosen not to.

CPF may be a tiny market, but it's plenty big enough to sell more than 15 pieces of a Ti part, particularly one with the attention to detail your parts exhibit. Pardon me for preaching, but I made my bones selling stuff.

Do me a few favors:

1. Put "Titanium" in the thread title.

2. Take David up on his offer to run the interest list.

3. Reconsider the size of your runs.

+1 donn. Great points! I also sell for a living and donn is right on.

I'll pile on. I will comitt $1500. Build me the best single cell 18650, multi-led Ti light you can. Impress me and CPF. If anything is left over I'll take it in parts.

Good to see the money is going where the mouth is. So it's time for me to

I think I'm more interested in this thread then I was before....

I've been a proud supporter of TnC products as far back as my exposure to them. I'll continue to try and support you whenever you offer items that interest me. Hell, back in the mid 90's I woulda bought paintball gun parts from ya if Ida known about ya. I'm not sure how far back ya go.

Fit and finish has always been top notch. I've yet to be disappointed.

Your announcement threads need some strucure if I may offer an opinion. The brainstorming posts are constructive but need to be organized in an ongoing fashion less the thread keeps rolling around aimlessly. An interest list with set aside, concrete, in-stone options needs to be collected together and posted coherently. I like the ideas posted by donn, thom, dmdrewitt, SF2 and easyled.

I'm in for whatever you build in Ti at this point.
    T

Lot's to read in this thread indeed. Well, I'm still down for a 38mm head, 18650 tube (I really like the new design) and likely a 20mm head as well. All Ti of course.

All I have to add is more of a question... Would anyone else other than me like to see tritium slots milled into either the body or head bezel?

-DF
    KineticParadox ...a personal web space with my CBA Battery Testing and my LED Bin Coding Charts.

Flashaholic

I'm in for a complete 38 mm light, either Tri or single emittter, also with a 18650 tube. The tritium slots can be milled into the body and/or the head, and I would have no interest in a clip for this light, rather keep the clean lines. Ti or even Al construction would be fine. (Al with a splash finish would be cool...) But if 38 doesn't happen a 27 or 20 would work for me.

I DO hope this comes to fruition, there always seems to be a demand for quality Ti lights. I think that 15 pieces would be seriously underestimating the demand (Especially when you add Donn to the picture ) I do like the idea a a new, more concise sales thread with the narrowed focus on what will actually be produced. I only have the $ to commit to one light, but am definitely willing to put money down to reserve a light and show my support for the project. I hope it happens.
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by DFiorentino View Post
    Lot's to read in this thread indeed. Well, I'm still down for a 38mm head, 18650 tube (I really like the new design) and likely a 20mm head as well. All Ti of course.

All I have to add is more of a question... Would anyone else other than me like to see tritium slots milled into either the body or head bezel?

-DF

+1 on 3 tritium slots - 120 degrees apart around the circumference...

Quote Originally Posted by DFiorentino View Post

-DF

Did i miss a post for the 20mm head design? I would like to see a run made out of Ti.

On another note. Is it the intent of the OP to make complete lights first and then offer components later?

&
    Last edited by starfiretoo; 04-12-2008 at 01:54 PM.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your continued interest and perhaps overly generous heart warming offers of support. I very much appreciate that Donn and John, but please make us earn our money Also we don't take pre pays so we'll just take it as it comes.

I hear you guys on the marketing strategy and I agree. It's just that we were trying to give this thread the time to develop interest on what you guys want and not just close the doors on what we were going to offer. There are many decisions to make. There has been external pressure on that effort so we do need to focus more as you have suggested and get the work done and we might be able to start shipping 27mm and 20mm heads as early as next week.

David if you want to start an interest thread, then a thread for Titanium E Series heads and Titanium E Series Tubes/Tails would probably be the way to go. We still have the 38mm heads in the works, as well as the 19mm, 20mm, 27mm short and long heads. We also have the CR123, 18650, CR2, AA/18500 tubes with extenders as well on the table. Whether there is interest for these numerous parts will be seen, but we WILL build all these heads and at least some of the tubes and extenders and perhaps a few special parts not yet announced. Donn, I hear you that we might not be making enough parts, but if we build fewer parts of each type of head then we will be able to build variety more quickly. For example we were going to start with the 38mm heads and then make a single run of each part at a time. Instead we'll take the shot gun approach and come back again if there is interest. TnC is always a busy CNC shop and we sneak our flashlight parts in when we can.

As for the 38mm heads I found some UCLs I can get immediately for cheap at Flashlightlens.com. The problem is these are only 1.9mm rather than the 2.9mm we were discussing earlier. We could have these 38mm heads in your hands at least four, maybe six weeks sooner if we use the 1.9mm UCLs. Chris has prototyped aluminum heads with both dimensions.

We've made some progress as well with designs and next week we will be machining the 20mm and 27mm heads. I will be working up pricing on the new designs today to post. Do you guys think I should also open up a sales thread for 19, 20, 27, 27L, and 38mm heads based off the drawings, or should I wait until I can photograph the protos or first operations?

Hi Damien and Tdurand,

We have plans to mill tritium slots in the tube already, either on the flip side from the pocket clip or on both sides if desired. Bezel slots are also possible but we have not designed those in the heads at this time. I know this thread has begun to ramble and I did update the first post with the latest drawing/pictures.

David,

Well then you can have the lip on the tail end That doesn't add any cost on our end other than remember to modify the program for your part.

SF2,

We have plans now to either offer a slot opposite the clip or on both sides between the ears without the clip. Does that sound good? We started out wanting to make complete lights first. We've just decided to go ahead and make parts first. Then we might move ahead with different designs for canisters and other parts for our complete lights.

Below are drawings for the TnC EDC-Flex 20mm Ti heads. The heads will come with either smooth or crenulated bezels. I can probably offer these heads without bezels as well if that sounds like a popular option, otherwise they will be included.

Below is a drawing of a TnC EDC-Flex 27L Ti head.

David,

Well then you can have the lip on the tail end That doesn't add any cost on our end other than remember to modify the program for your part.
    Eric, I was the one that requested the lip on the tail end. (Daniel).

However I think there may be a few others that also want this design.
    David (dmdrewitt) may well be one of them.

If its not too much trouble maybe when we (or David) makes a list of those
    wanting the 18650 tubes, we should then make a note of who wants
    a lip and who prefers not to have one.

The other option would just be to have a vote and then just go the
    way of the vote.
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine

The smaller heads look good! Can't wait.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

Thanks for the drawings.

The 20mm head looks great. If sold w/o the bezel, will the Ti bezel from the A2, A19, PD, HDS fit? Also, will it be sold w/o lens, o-ring, and reflector or with?

The 27mm long head drawing looks a little busy but maybe its just me. The 38mm looks great. Maybe if the 27mm ones could copy the 38mm look?

Thanks for moving ahead ASAP with the Ti components. I believe that there are those that recently bought Ti bodies that are interested but may not want to commit until they know a price as Ti is pricey. Once a price is given people can make up their minds if they can afford it or not.

All this said, i am willing to commit to a 20mm head based upon this drawing.
    Last edited by starfiretoo; 04-12-2008 at 07:22 PM.

Default Re: Titanium E Series compatible heads/tubes/tails**TnC Ti EDC-Flex Announcement Thre

Ok guys I took your advice and changed the title of the thread. I hope that doesn't cause anyone confusion. As for the prospective aluminum buyers, we haven't given up on building aluminum parts, but as an interest thread we have been steered towards Ti by a clear majority. We'll open up a second thread for aluminum parts in the future. This thread will probably remain relevant to the aluminum design, however features such as knurling are more forthcoming with aluminum and would be an option in those builds.

Easilyled,

I'm sorry, when scrolling I saw your interest but it just got lost in the mix looking up and down the thread for responses.

We are trying to offer guys options within the accepted "build path". It does take extra effort and care for Chris to remember to change programs between a single part, but that's what we are offering. That lip at the end is an option, as are some of the others I'll list:

1. Wide or narrow tail guard (lip at the end)
    2. 0, 1 or 2 tritium slots (2 slots eliminates the possibility of a pocket clip)
    3. Pocket clip
    4. No pocket clip holes or Pocket clip milled holes without clip
    5. full round finger grip or "two ear" finger grip
    6. 0, 1 or 2 lanyard holes
    7. ???

Then of course there is the 18650 extender tubes

Default Re: Titanium E Series compatible heads/tubes/tails**TnC Ti EDC-Flex Announcement Thre

1 tritium slot and pocket clip

Lip at the end, for better tail standing,
    1 tritium slot and pocket clip,
    "Two ear" finger grip (looks very cool),
    2 lanyard holes.

Here's some pricing for the 19mm, 20mm, 27 short and 27 Long heads. The 38mm head pricing was provided earlier but is due for a repeat. The 20mm, 27L and 38mm drawings are pictured on the first post. Heads include a bezel and o-ring (either smooth bezel or crenulated at the same price). I'll list a price for just heads without reflectors or lenses. Reflectors and lenses are $30 extra for all heads except the 38mm which is $40 extra. Shipping first class conus $3, priority is $6. International first class is $6 and priority is $15. These heads will be built in a very small run of perhaps 10-15pcs. We might have some completed this next week and expect to be posting pictures during the week. These will be available in the order of interest posted.

Including smooth or crenulated bezel and o-ring for all heads listed below at these prices. Aleph equivalents are 19mm (A-19), 20mm (A2), 27mm (A1) 27mmL (no equivalent), 38mm (A3).

19mm $190
    20mm $180
    27mm $220
    27mmL $230
    38mm $300
    TBA

Hi SF2,

Thanks for your comments. I would like to see what the 27L drawing looks like in metal, but once again I suspect we'll accommodate those who wish us to delete the grooves on the head and still keep the fins. The 27L won't look like the 38 as you suggest since it is a longer reflector in scale, however the 27mm short might look similar.
    Last edited by Bogus1; 04-28-2008 at 05:58 PM. Reason: listed shipping costs

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanM View Post
    I Conur! Put me down for a 20mm Ti Head plz!

Mayo
    Scratch that, I'll go for a 19mm instead!

Mayo

Wow, I stepped away for a couple days to return to a whirlwind.

It's great to see the rapid progress and nice designs. Keep up the great work Chris and Eric.

Eric, this thread still boggles with options, opinions, suggestions and propositions. Once it distills into purchaseable parts, I think you'll find that the market will easily support the runs you are planning. Remember, we have Donn.

A member is much more inclined to click and buy a light/part than to participate in a lengthy thread discussing an item that may or may not become available. We act on impulse which usually gets the better of us.

Unless you've followed the thread intently from the start, it is a lot to read as DF mentioned. And feedback and input from CPF is great, but design by committee takes forever. Just nail down the basic design and some minimal options, and let the chips fly. TnC has never disappointed.

I'm in for a 38 mm, and at least one tube and another head which I'll decide on impulse.

Eric

edit: I'm finding this post hard to compose... Here goes...

I've offered to keep a list, and this offer still stands, but I do honestly think there are just too many options to start the ball rolling. I have cut and paste the options I can see so far.

Could I kindly suggest we get some parts produced, in the hands of members, andphotos on the board with fewer options initially available. See what the guys like, and then continue the full range of options.

If you do want to start with all the options available, maybe produce one of each option and take a picture of them all side by side so that we can choose. Option 1, 2, 3 etc for the cell tube. If it is not possible to produce them yet, then I would like to be able to use pictures (or renderings) of the different tail options (i.e. Trits/Clips/Wide/ Narrow/Lanyard holes), because I just think they are too hard to visualize from the description.

We will be posting pics first of aluminum protos this week and then of the real Ti parts once built, but for now we do have drawings posts on post #1 for all the parts except: 27mm short, 19mm, and a CR123 extender. After building some heads we will build the 18650 + extender and the CR123 + extender. The other tubes (with interest) will come later. The only tube that wouldn't fit the pocket clip is the CR2.

I found one pic. This picture is great and tells a 1000 words!!

Also, which cell tubes will the clips fit on?? I am sure they are not available on CR2. Any others?

18650 Ti tube with finger grip lobes, lanyard holes, Narrow Tail and pocket clip. Tritium slot would be on the exact opposite side of the pocket clip.

Heads
    19mm $190
    20mm $180
    27mm $220
    27mmL $230
    38mm $300

Heads without reflectors or lenses.
    Reflectors and lenses are $30 extra for all heads except the 38mm which is $40 extra.

Bezel
    smooth or crenulated

Cell Tube
    CR123 cell tube
    18650 cell tube
    CR2 cell tube
    AA/18500 cell tubes with extenders

(Eric, Could you clarify which tubes have extenders available?)

We will start by building likely the 18650 tubes, the 18650 extenders, the CR123 tubes and possibly other extenders for other sizes depending on interest.

1. Wide or narrow tail guard (lip at the end)
    2. 0, 1 or 2 tritium slots (2 slots eliminates the possibility of a pocket clip)
    3. Pocket clip
    4. No pocket clip holes or Pocket clip milled holes without clip
    5. full round finger grip or "two ear" finger grip
    6. 0, 1 or 2 lanyard holes

My first post, is number 12, so..
    Eric, do you mind if I see if it is possible for me to take over post#2 which is reserved? If you give the go-ahead I will ask a Mod if it is possible.

Please go ahead and ask. I have moderating permissions but can't do that.

Eric, are you producing LE's to go in these still? Drivers as in post #1? LED as in post #1?

We will if there is the demand. Part of that will depend on whether guys will like our canister design, whether they like our boards, and what the shoppe does. However first we will concentrate on building the heads, and then some tubes and then...

18650 with extender, Narrow tail. Pocket clip. 2 ear finger grip, 2 lanyard holes.

18650 tube with extender, Narrow tail. Pocket clip, full round finger grip, ? lanyard holes. No trit

18650 cell size tube. Narrow Tail. Pocket Clip. 2 lanyard holes. full round grip. No trits visible (it would be exactly on the side opposite the clip)

18650 cell size tube. Narrow tail. Pocket Clip. 2 lanyard holes. two ear finger grip. ? Lanyard. No trit (visible).

18650 Ti EDC-Flex tube round finger grip, no trit, not pocket clip and wide tail for improved tail standing

CR123 Size cell. Narrow tail. No trits. No clip. Full round finger grip

David
    Last edited by Bogus1; 04-13-2008 at 05:13 PM.

Flashaholic

This is starting to come together.

Let me start the process:

Eric as per our PM discussion and my comittment.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast