Black Moon LTD
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanium Aleph & E Series compatible heads/tubes/tails**Announcing TnC Ti EDC-Flex**

Default Re: Titanium E Series compatible heads/tubes/tails**TnC Ti EDC-Flex Announcement Thre

V3 crenulated!

I've been leaning mostly towards the larger heads being towards, the top of my priority list, since 20mm heads (overall) aren't as rare, but the V3 style could push 20mm up to the top of the list. I haven't seen anything like that before.
    Just for the sake of completeness, my overall ranking of the heads pictured would be:
    3, 1, 2, 4 (and with crenulated bezel every time)
    The LED ... making up for the fact that titanium doesn't glow inherently

Default Re: Titanium E Series compatible heads/tubes/tails**TnC Ti EDC-Flex Announcement Thre

Hi Michael,

Thanks for posting. Here's the V1 w/crenulated bezel:

This looks great So voting crenelated
    Quote Originally Posted by TnC_Products View Post
    Bogus1 - Will we see this sold on the TnC site today?

V1 w/crenelationininging for me!
    T

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**

Eric- Crenelated, however not aggressive crenelations... pocket-friendly turns into pocket-eating.

Also, you can email me the pics and I'll host 'em and send you the image links - the images just disappeared. (EDIT: They're back again!)

john

Thinking Re: Titanium E Series compatible heads/tubes/tails**TnC Ti EDC-Flex Announcement Thre

Quote Originally Posted by Bogus1 View Post
    We are trying to offer guys options within the accepted "build path". It does take extra effort and care for Chris to remember to change programs between a single part, but that's what we are offering. That lip at the end is an option, as are some of the others I'll list:

1. Wide or narrow tail guard (lip at the end)
    2. 0, 1 or 2 tritium slots (2 slots eliminates the possibility of a pocket clip)
    3. Pocket clip
    4. No pocket clip holes or Pocket clip milled holes without clip
    5. full round finger grip or "two ear" finger grip
    6. 0, 1 or 2 lanyard holes
    7. ???
    Just out of curiosity...
    I don't know if this has been discussed before and I just haven't seen it, but why not put the tritium slots on the finger grip ears? Then even with just two trits, at least one is certain to be visible (I'm assuming the use of tritium "locators" to find the flashlight when you need it most (i.e. when it's dark) rather than tritium for the sake of bling). This could also keep it from interfering with some of the other options. You could have your trit slots regardless of whether you opted for a pocket clip, or if you prefer round vs. two-ear finger grip, etc.
    I'm assuming that the milled slots would be deep enough to shroud the trit vial so it's not physically exposed (this is how I've typically seen it done) and as a result that it would be protected from most potential damage incidents (dropping your precious Ti light on the concrete, etc.).
    Are there some other disadvantages to that placement I haven't seen?
    The LED ... making up for the fact that titanium doesn't glow inherently

Quote Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
    Just out of curiosity...
    I don't know if this has been discussed before and I just haven't seen it, but why not put the tritium slots on the finger grip ears? Then even with just two trits, at least one is certain to be visible (I'm assuming the use of tritium "locators" to find the flashlight when you need it most (i.e. when it's dark) rather than tritium for the sake of bling). This could also keep it from interfering with some of the other options. You could have your trit slots regardless of whether you opted for a pocket clip, or if you prefer round vs. two-ear finger grip, etc.
    I'm assuming that the milled slots would be deep enough to shroud the trit vial so it's not physically exposed (this is how I've typically seen it done) and as a result that it would be protected from most potential damage incidents (dropping your precious Ti light on the concrete, etc.).
    Are there some other disadvantages to that placement I haven't seen?
    The dissadvantage is that this is where the lanyard holes go.. You can't put them there becasue it will intersect those holes. This is why they would have to be in the other suggested places... Hope this helps.

Pictures with bezel made me change my mind after all.
    V1 looks pretty cool with bezel.
    I interested in 19mm V1 with crenulated bezel.
    Thanks

EDIT: V3 crenallated (19mm).

Could you please post all updated photos in the first post too so folks don't have to scroll thru' all the pages.
    Last edited by flashlight; 04-30-2008 at 02:02 AM.
    "For those who know, no explanation is needed. And for those whom do not, none is possible." They can take your money away, but they can't take your education. If a man's not worth his word then what's he worth?

The V3 crenellated looks very cool.

I'm in for one.

Hi SF2,

I'll try to post an anticipated sales date tomorrow. I expect it will be next week. These will fit the lenses used on Don's lights, so maybe guys will want Sapphire lenses on these? I haven't bought those yet, but those are available. I guess the only angle would be that I could save folks shipping.

Hi Iconoclast,

Actually the trit on the ears interferes with the lanyard holes as Chris states, but in reality that's not the best placement since the lobes (ears) of the finger grip tend to rest side ways rather than up or down. With the placement of the trits between the lobes there would always be one side up and down since the lobes act as an anti roll device. This is especially true if someone doesn't have a clip, but then again with a clip if you consciously place the clip side down then you would always have a trit facing up. That's not something that would always happen by accident however so it's not a perfect solution. Personally I think the trits where we planned them will look really sleek, but of course that's not a functional concern and since flashlights are tools it's nice to put functional concerns foremost.

We had planned a narrow tail guard and will still offer that. I think that looks nice and it saves weight, however perhaps with the wider guard some have requested (which also provides superior tail standing) we could place a couple slots 90 degrees off the lobes. That would serve the function even for those with pocket clips. We don't want too many options however since that just makes the machining a PITA, so maybe we could do one style first and then another later, that is if there is interest.

Hi flashlight,

I'm sorry about that. I'm running pretty ragged with much on my plate right now, but I'll try to make following our offering a bit less of a chore

Hi Eric,

as i have written in the last message i had send,

i will take a 19mm with crenulated bezel, V1 Style ,with reflector and lens.

best regards, Alex
    Just klick to fight.
    If my posts or replies sounds a little bit harsh,or you see some spelling errors, please remember, I´m writing in a foreign Language.

Bogus1, no need for apologies. These are merely minor 'administrative' matters & we all much prefer you focus your energy on grinding these out for the hungry masses.
    "For those who know, no explanation is needed. And for those whom do not, none is possible." They can take your money away, but they can't take your education. If a man's not worth his word then what's he worth?

Thanks flashlight for the input and I tried to improve the first post.

David I believe I implemented your suggestions into the first post as well. Please let me know if it's still confusing. We still need a list for the sales thread I will start next week.

As an update the 20mm heads and bezels are finished in the first operations. The final operations will be completed next week and I can begin shipping these.

We will start the 19mm heads next week as well.

Below are pics of some completed heads:

Interest List :- See Post #12

David

Please add:
    1 x 20mm V1
    1 x 20mm V3

Quote Originally Posted by dmdrewitt View Post
    Interest List :- See Post #12

David

Quote Originally Posted by starfiretoo View Post
    Please add:
    1 x 20mm V1
    1 x 20mm V3
    Done

I'm in for the following
    1 x 20mm in ti with K2 V1 body style
    1 x 38mm in ti w/ buck boost multi level driver and Seoul P7, w/ reflector w/ extra lens
    1 x 38mm with reflector and lens
    1 x 18650 body
    1x 18650 extender
    1 x CR123 body
    1 x 123 extender

T

Flashaholic

Put me down for one each plus crenelated bezel rings:

20mm
    27mm
    38mm

Thanks,
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by tdurand View Post
    I'm in for the following
    1 x 20mm in ti with K2 V1 body style
    1 x 38mm in ti w/ buck boost multi level driver and Seoul P7, w/ reflector w/ extra lens
    1 x 38mm with reflector and lens
    1 x 18650 body
    1x 18650 extender
    1 x CR123 body
    1 x 123 extender

T
    Done

Quote Originally Posted by senorcosas View Post
    Put me down for one each plus crenelated bezel rings:

20mm
    27mm
    38mm

Thanks,
    Russell
    Done , BTW Russell, do you have a preference to the style of your 20mm head? V1, V2, V3 or V4?

Flashaholic

It is so good to see the orders stacking up.

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**

David,

Could you eliminate the 38mm head from my interest and add a v3 20mm head? (in Ti... obviously!)

Thanks for doing this - I'm sure EVERYONE appreciates it!!!!

john

Quote Originally Posted by jch79 View Post
    David,

Could you eliminate the 38mm head from my interest and add a v3 20mm head? (in Ti... obviously!)

Thanks for doing this - I'm sure EVERYONE appreciates it!!!!

john
    No problem , Done.

David

Whew this got rich fast! Let me know when the aluminum series happens in the future!
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillphoto View Post
    Whew this got rich fast! Let me know when the aluminum series happens in the future!
    Hello Stillphoto,

We will have a few aluminum versions of the 20mm V1 & V3 Available at the same time the Ti ones are done.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by TnC_Products View Post
    Hello Stillphoto,

We will have a few aluminum versions of the 20mm V1 & V3 Available at the same time the Ti ones are done.

Chris
    Great news, thank you. I'm in for an aluminum V3, any idea what those will run?
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

Flashaholic

Unable (or unwilling) to choose.

So let's modify the order for both V1 and V3.

Also please add reflectors and lenses for all four heads.

Thanks!
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by dmdrewitt View Post
    Done , BTW Russell, do you have a preference to the style of your 20mm head? V1, V2, V3 or V4?

Quote Originally Posted by Stillphoto View Post
    Great news, thank you. I'm in for an aluminum V3, any idea what those will run?
    Updated!

Quote Originally Posted by senorcosas View Post
    Unable (or unwilling) to choose.

So let's modify the order for both V1 and V3.

Also please add reflectors and lenses for all four heads.

Thanks!
    Russell
    Done

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast