Phoenix Electroforms
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Titanium Aleph & E Series compatible heads/tubes/tails**Announcing TnC Ti EDC-Flex**

Default Re: Titanium Aleph & E Series compatible heads/tubes/tails**Announcing TnC Ti EDC-Fle

Quote Originally Posted by Bogus1 View Post
    Hi guys,

In this current run I think we've used up all our Ti. I think what we have extra at this time is a v5 short and a v3 long, but I'll check to be sure. If chipwillis takes the v5 short, Steve that might mean there is only a v3 long left. Sometimes parts don't make it out of the machine however so I'll need to check on all this anyhow. If we don't have these parts for you guys now, will you be interested in waiting? It might not be too long. Thanks
    No worries.... I can wait. I really like the V6 so when you have one or if someone passes just let me know.

Thanks,

Steve

PS I am sure it has been covered before so my apologies, but these do utilize the Seoul GDUP LE right?
    AlTiN SPY007, Ti-Mirage_Man Customs, Ti LPK, Chrome Draco, Arc AAAx3, LuxIII Arc LS

Default Re: Titanium Aleph & E Series compatible heads/tubes/tails**Announcing TnC Ti EDC-Fle

Quote Originally Posted by stevevh View Post
    No worries.... I can wait. I really like the V6 so when you have one or if someone passes just let me know.

Thanks,

Steve

PS I am sure it has been covered before so my apologies, but these do utilize the Seoul GDUP LE right?
    Hi Steve,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes if you use the McR-27S it works with the Seoul in the Long head and with the short head it does as well with the McR-27.

I pulled my hair out putting together the list below. It gets a little complicated with so many options

Below is the inventory of the EDC-Flex 27mm Ti heads that are built. It appears there is (1) extra for every type design except the v5 short or v5 long (if everyone follows through on their interest). I have to say, and hopefully the pictures below show, just how nice these parts are. I'll have pictures of short heads to post later.

Inventory-------------Reserved

V3-2 Short 2x--------jch79
    V5 Short 3x-----------blitzlicht65, starfiretoo
    V6 Short 2x-----------starfiretoo

V1 Long 2x------------donn_
    V3 Long 5x------------Billybright, MorpheusT1, dmdrewitt, senorcosas
    V5 Long 2x------------starfiretoo, chipwillis
    V6 Long 3x------------donn_ 4x UCLs, stevevh reflector/UCL

Groundhog66 27mm Short / Long ??? Can anyone contact Tim for me to see if he still wants a head? Thanks

I'll be adding these heads to ***Titanium 27, 20 & 19mm Aleph & E Series compatible heads /TnC EDC-Flex Sales*** for the short and long heads probably today, and start shipping tomorrow. I've discovered some of my UCLs are a little thick and will make a gap between the bezel and the head, however I have about 8x thin UCLs that will fit perfectly. I also have some mineral lenses that fit perfectly as well that I would sell for $5 less.

Below is a v6 Long

Below is a v5 long

Below is the v1 Long

Below is the v3 Long

Last edited by Bogus1; 06-05-2008 at 03:27 PM.

You can also put me down for a Complete Titanium 38mm head with the Tri-Cree and a complete 18650 battery tube set-up as discussed in PM's.
    Once things leave my hands I am not responsible for what happens.

double post

Any news on Ti tubes?

Hi Russki,

Sorry for the delay in posting. Chris is ready to start making the tubes now. Because of the small size of these runs we are trying to go with only one design if we can for each of the 18650 and Cr123 size tubes.

Please post or re-post your interest in choice of design and tube size. The interest list has been kept by David on post #12 of this thread. Pictures and options are available on post #1 of this thread. Time is of the essence so please post.

*Flashaholic*

I like the design of the first photos shown in post #1. I prefer no lanyard holes, and no holes for clip screws. I'd like to see both 18650 and 123 tubes in that design, with extenders for each. Any idea on pricing?

repost for tubes.

#1 I would like a 27mm v5 head and v5-2 Cr123 tube/tail with reflector and lens With a possible light engine. Just like in your cad drawing one page 12. I would just like a pocket clip or a hole for lanyard carry. Something like a Mcgizmo style clip that screws on then it could have a small piece that screws on with only a hole to fit 550 cord

#2 You can also put me down for a Complete Titanium 38mm head with the Tri-Cree and a complete 18650 battery tube set-up Tube to match head with clip and lanyard carry, with half fingure guard. as discussed in PM's.

1 x 18650 battery tube with holes for McGizmo clip, double finger guard w/o holes, tritium slots

Titanium 38mm A3 head with the Tri-Cree
    Please add 4 extra 38mm A3 bezels and one extra Tri-Cree/Seoul heat sink.
    Last edited by starfiretoo; 06-25-2008 at 08:46 PM.

Repost for 18650 tube.
    18650 tube, No lip at the end for me please, 1 tritium slot and pocket clip,
    "Two ear" finger grip, 2 lanyard holes.
    Also interested in price for it
    Thanks

1x CR123-tube:
    1. Narrow tail
    2. 1x tritium slot
    3. Pocket clip
    4. Two ear finger grip
    5. Without lanyard holes
    6. E Series adaptor

Greetings
    Dirk

Any news about the tubes?

Greetings
    Dirk

I hope you guys all had a great weekend!

Ok, I didn't get a lot of response when I asked for folks to repost interest in TnC Ti EDC-Flex tubes. Thanks to the top 5 of you on the list for doing so, but past your names are a number of posters we have yet to hear from. I copied this list from David's post #12 of this thread. I dropped a number of guys from the list who did not follow through on their interest in heads or who were otherwise unresponsive. Please make any corrections and add any details you deem necessary. Please do post even if you want to pass and be removed from the list.

We will likely move ahead with tiny runs in both 18650 and Cr123 tubes. We expect to only build 2 main variations: the v1 (original design with finger grip/optional clips etc, and the v5-2 (or v5) design. After these are built we will do an interest list for extenders for Cr123 and/or 18650 tubes. We are also close to releasing our E Series compatible canisters (light engines). After that we will move on the completing the 38mm heads.

We don't enjoy the economy of scale for building these tubes that other builders do for larger runs of a single part, nor do we enjoy the savings of those working manual lathes. Shop time, tooling, design and other costs for us are spread over significantly fewer units. So to make a long story short, unfortunately our pricing may seem high, but that's not because we are profiting more per unit (or perhaps even as much) as other builders. Please also keep in mind for the finger grip tubes it requires a larger bar of Ti to build these than it does for a straight tube and the price goes up significantly.

For example if we build a run of 10x Cr123 v5 tubes I can sell these for $225 a piece. If we built 100x of these I could sell them for about $60 less per piece. For the Cr123 v1 with the ear grips the price goes up due to milling and larger Ti bars so I would need to sell 10x pieces for $295 each. I'll try to have pricing for the 18650 tubes very soon.

blitzlicht651x CR123-tube:
    1. Narrow tail
    2. 1x tritium slot
    3. Pocket clip
    4. Two ear finger grip
    5. Without lanyard holes

chipwillis (complete lights)
    v5-2 Cr123 tube/tail PAID
    and complete 18650 battery tube to match head with clip and lanyard carry

donn_
    v1 18650 and 123

LED Zeppelin,
    1x 18650 tube as long as flows with the head

dmdrewitt
    18650 EDC flex Ti tube with finger grip lobes, no lanyard holes, Narrow Tail, pocket clip, 1 trit slot.
    CR123A tubes. Trit in tail, no lanyard hole
    Poss CR2 Tube, Trit in tail, no lanyard hole

easilyled
    18650 tube (maybe)
    2 lanyard holes.
    No clip, an extra tritium instead where the clip holes would have been.
    I'd like a wide tail guard please (lip at the end for superior tail standing)

jch79
    Tube/tail: CR123 clipped tube

tdurand
    1 x 18650 body
    1x 18650 extender
    1 x CR123 body
    1 x 123 extender

KeyGrip
    18650 tube
    -Wide tail guard for better clip screw purchase
    -1 tritium slot
    -Pocket clip
    -2 lanyard holes

skcheng
    Cr123, 18650

SpeedPRO Ti C-Flex tube? and 38mm head

Litetube v5-3 with clip?

arewethereyetdad Cr123 v1 no holes!
    Last edited by Bogus1; 09-10-2008 at 12:41 AM.

I could live without the ear grips on the 18650 tube if it will keep the cost down. That's a lot of Ti to cut down when you think about it. Would like to see tritium slots cut around the switch guard. One 180 degrees from the center of the clip and other two, 120 degrees from it.

I would prefer the 18650 tube to be more similar to the R123 tube
    depicted in the post #382 although I don't think the elaborate fins add to
    the aesthetics.

My preference is for a classic, elegant design, rather than a radical look.

I may not go ahead with the purchase of this tube so I hope you don't
    mind me giving my opinions.
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine

Hi Eric

I would like a 123 tube that looks good with my V3 long 27mm head.

Could I possibly see how the V5/V5-2 tube looks with the V3 long head please?

With regards the 18650 tube. This will be for my 38mm head, so I wouldn't like to commit to the choice on the 18650 tube design until I see how it looks with the 38mm head. (I am sure that I will be happy with a desgin that you are Chris choose that complements the 38mm head.)

Also, I really don't have a preference for all the trit slots, lanyard holes etc. etc. I will go with the majority.

I would like to see the ear grips removed to reduce cost.

David

I could also live without the fingergrover on the 18650 tube. Just what ever looks best with 38mm head.

My 18650 tube will be used with the 38mm head too

I also would like to see the other, less costly, design of 18650 tube, and price.
    That "Two ear" finger grip look really cool, but price could be in issue.
    Thanks for you efforts.

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**

Just a 1x123 clipped tube for me.

Thanks!
    john

I plan on using the tube to power the 38mm head, with a multi-LED mod.

I'm in for an 18650 tube, not real particular on the design, whatever the consensus is will be fine. Just as long as it flows with the head. I'll likely stuff it with 2 X 123s for more voltage.

I'm interested in an 18650 tube, will they be on the website soon or should I order here?
    "Et lux in tenebris lucet"

Quote Originally Posted by KeyGrip View Post
    I'm interested in an 18650 tube, will they be on the website soon or should I order here?
    This thread is where the updates and interest list are. Do you have a preference in features and styles? I'll provide a link to a sales thread here on CPF when these are built. Later I might put some on our website (store) but not at first.

Okay, I'll monitor this thread then. As for preferences...

-Wide tail guard for better clip screw purchase
    -1 tritium slot
    -Pocket clip
    -2 lanyard holes

Is it possible to get a body without the finger grip? If not, I'll go for the smaller "two ear" grip. And one last thing, about how much will these cost?

Oh, and for those possible light engines, I'm interested in a luxeon K2.
    Last edited by KeyGrip; 07-12-2008 at 07:42 PM.
    "Et lux in tenebris lucet"

Sorry for the delay posting. I have some additional pricing available for the tubes.

As I listed below, the pricing for the straight Cr123 tubes (v5-2 etc.) would be $225 a piece if we just build 10. The finger grip Cr123 tubes would be $295. All tubes would have available clip holes, trit holes, and lanyard attachments.

The straight 18650 tubes would run $399 a piece; however the finger grip 18650 tubes would be rather high at $540 a piece. The price is so high because the tube would be turned and milled down from a pretty large bar of Ti and that adds considerably to the price. From our view perhaps at that price it would be better to buy a C-Flex (C-Li-ion) size tube so that you could actually utilize the benefit of such large diameter Ti? These tubes also have available clip holes, trit holes, and lanyard attachments. There's not much I can do to bring down the price with such low production numbers as I've already kept my markup low at about 20% on these. I think the finger grip design is probably better suited for production in aluminum with the lower material costs.

It's hard for me to know how to proceed. Please provide any input you can! Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Titanium Aleph & E Series compatible heads/tubes/tails**Announcing TnC Ti EDC-Fle

I have to admit my enthusiasm is starting to wane with these larger more expensive sizes. Right now i'm wondering if an "E" size interface between the head and body is practical especially if the body would change to a "C" size Li-Ion battery. I am in agreement that a 1 x "C" size would be better for a 38mm application and would take it over an 18650 body at this time.
    Maybe we have to ask if there is still an interest going forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogus1 View Post
    The straight 18650 tubes would run $399 a piece; however the finger grip 18650 tubes would be rather high at $540 a piece. The price is so high because the tube would be turned and milled down from a pretty large bar of Ti and that adds considerably to the price. From our view perhaps at that price it would be better to buy a C-Flex (C-Li-ion) size tube so that you could actually utilize the benefit of such large diameter Ti? These tubes also have available clip holes, trit holes, and lanyard attachments. There's not much I can do to bring down the price with such low production numbers as I've already kept my markup low at about 20% on these. I think the finger grip design is probably better suited for production in aluminum with the lower material costs.

It's hard for me to know how to proceed. Please provide any input you can! Thanks

I have to withdraw my interest for now.
    I am apologizing for any inconvenience.
    Unfortunately I short on cash now.
    Thanks.

Below are four drawings of the straight v1 18650 tube/tail and various 27mm TnC heads. I'll try to fulfill the other requests for drawings in the near future. Also as a reminder, we can custom mill into these tube line art, initials, or words on a one off basis if that is desired. I offered this months ago in the C-Flex thread.

I am interested in tubes/tails for the following battery configuration:

Cr2, 123 and 17670/18650

I'm happy to have the units without the finger grips since that appears to add tremendously to the cost.

If the quality will be the same as the heads, I'm sure the prospective buyers will be very happy!!!

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415 LastLast