PK Design Lab
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Titanium Aleph & E Series compatible heads/tubes/tails**Announcing TnC Ti EDC-Flex**

Default Re: Titanium Aleph & E Series compatible heads/tubes/tails**Announcing TnC Ti EDC-Fle

i just got a TB body. i am withdrawing interest for the 1 x 18650 tube

Flashaholic

Default Re: Titanium Aleph & E Series compatible heads/tubes/tails**Announcing TnC Ti EDC-Fle

I'm interest in a E-series compatible 38 mm head with the DIY kit.

Cowley

Due to vacation and some technical difficulties I've been a bit late posting some pics and drawings.

For the pictures below we have the first proto EDC-Flex Ti tube machined! This is the only Ti EDC-Flex head Chris had at the shop. I'm not crazy about this head on this tube, but I really like the tube. We might only make 5-10 of this design and perhaps as soon as this coming Monday so if you have an interest in one of these then please post or re-post! We will be building these v5-3 and v1 versions. Clip holes, lanyard holes, and tritium slots will probably be available as well.

EDC-Flex Ti Cr123 v5-3 Straight tube with v5 19mm head.

The three drawing below depict the
    TnC 18650 v5-2 Tube with TnC 38mm Head

Lastly as requested by dmdrewitt below is the v5-2 Cr123 tube with the v3 Long head. Please note this is the v5-2 and there has been a very minor revision with the v5-3 machined Ti tube pictured above. Please click on the thumbnails below for a larger image.

Repost/interest for my 27mm head with body.

I would like a 27mm v5 head and v5-2 Cr123 tube/tail with reflector and lens With a possible light engine. Just like in your cad drawing one page 12. I would just like a pocket clip or a hole for lanyard carry. Something like a Mcgizmo style clip that screws on then it could have a small piece that screws on with only a hole to fit 550 cord.

That tube looks great can't wait to get mine.
    Once things leave my hands I am not responsible for what happens.

Very nice designs for the V5-3 CR123 tube and the V5-2 18650 tube.
    The 38mm head is a classic style and looks great in the projected drawings.
    It marries up with the V5-2 18650 tube extremely well.
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine

I am interested with Ti C tube with Ti 38mm head.
    -N O V E L-

In my previous post with the picture of our first Ti Cr123 tube/tail machined, the lip at the tail was not wide enough to mill slots, lanyard or screw holes. Below is a picture of the new v5-3 Cr123 tube/tail machined to accommodate buyers' requests for milled slots/holes. The tube/tail is shown with the McGizmo pocket clip setting on the tube. We have these clips in stock btw and I can ship these tubes with clips installed.

Below is a picture of the the EDC-Flex Ti v1 Cr123 tube/tail and the Ti v5-3 Cr123 tube/tail as these tubes will be built. Please post your desired configurations! Chris will have these built tomorrow without milling and could ship them tomorrow this way. However if you have requests for pocket clips/clip holes/ layard holes/ and/or tritium slots then please post!

Flashaholic*

Can we get the v5-3 cr123 tube with clip and Mclicky switch now? or are these still pending?

Quote Originally Posted by litetube View Post
    Can we get the v5-3 cr123 tube with clip and Mclicky switch now? or are these still pending?
    Machining for these Cr123 tubes will be complete tomorrow except for any milling desired, such as for tritium slots, clip holes, or lanyard holes. I'm not sure how soon Chris can do the milling but it probably wouldn't take long. However unless I know exactly how someone wants a tube, such as with a clip etc. there's no way to build a tube to user specs and we'll just build them as we see fit. thanks

I just want the Mcgizmo clip on mine.

I also sent you a PM about the light engine.

Corey

Flashaholic*

Is it possible to get a tailshot on these bodies? I assume a Mclicky switch screws in from the back?

sending Pm with setup I would be seeking.

I'm still in for 1x123 and a 1x18650 body.
    Are the extenders out for sure?

T

Flashaholic*

Cant seem to find in this thread if these are Mclicky switch and simple e-series screw on head compatible or if they need adaptors?

woould be seeking just a McGizmo clip installed on a v5-3 cr123 tube.
    Ready to send payment ............

Flashaholic*

Is there anybody out there......(crickets....crickets......)

Hellooooo?.............Hellooooooo?......

Must not let money fall into others hands....temptation is calling from another thread... must resist... but, I feel so alone, so hard to resist they are calling me , I ...feel .. like I am floating away ....to other shiny objects..............................weakening.... ...dont know how much longer ......i can .......hold....on ...here...in .......this.....empty ....lonely ...forgotten ......place...

Eric, parts are looking great.

Still holding out for the 38 mm head, and my tube choice will follow depending on what I stuff the head with. Most likely I'd need a 2-cell solution - a 123 tube with extender, or a 2X123 tube (with clip).

Does that mean I should get a 123 tube now, and wait for an extender, or is a one-piece 2 X 123 tube an option? Or perhaps an 18650 tube with a sleeve for 2 X 123 use?

I'm not sure I'd like the extender look, the bulge for the union threads may or may not look good.

Cant seem to find in this thread if these are Mclicky switch and simple e-series screw on head compatible or if they need adaptors?
    Litetube, these TnC tubes have integrated switches, and E-series compatibility, no adapters needed.

Flashaholic*

Hi LED ZEP!!

Thanks for the info. What exactly do you mean by an "integrated" switch? Is is some kind of generic clicky? is it replaceable? what type of water resistance measures are there back there is it a rubber boot or something else?

I am surprised none of this has been inquired about already (maybe it has but I cant find it sifting thru these pages yet)

any info is greatly appreciated

Hello litetube,

The McClicky switch goes in from the back. It uses the McClicky boot and everything is held in by a threaded retaining ring.

I will post a picture of the tail section in a little so you can see.

The reason we say integrated switch is becasue there is not a seperate tail cap that holds the switch. It goes strait into the battery tube omitting the need for a seperate tail cap.

Hi LED ZEP!!

Thanks for the info. What exactly do you mean by an "integrated" switch? Is is some kind of generic clicky? is it replaceable? what type of water resistance measures are there back there is it a rubber boot or something else?

I am surprised none of this has been inquired about already (maybe it has but I cant find it sifting thru these pages yet)

any info is greatly appreciated
    Last edited by TnC_Products; 08-27-2008 at 10:08 AM.

Flashaholic*

Thank You for the info!!!

Sorry for all the questions, but I needed to know before ordering.

I am drawn to the beautiful v5-3 but wonder if the cool "flares" will hang up on a pocket lip with a McGizmo clip installed .

Thank You for the info!!!

Sorry for all the questions, but I needed to know before ordering.

I am drawn to the beautiful v5-3 but wonder if the cool "flares" will hang up on a pocket lip with a McGizmo clip installed .
    Thanks guys for the answers and sorry I wasn't online. I had more trouble with my electrical panel but that's fixed now.

The Ti McGizmo clips can easily be bent to work better if there is a problem with the fit in its standard form. I haven't tried it but think it will work fine as is.

Flashaholic*

Are the 2 versions of the cr123 tube the same diameter? Looks as if one may be slightly thicker?
    Looking forward to the pic of the back end . making a decision here today.

Eric, I'd like an EDC-Flex Ti v1 CR123 Straight tube. No holes of any kind - that's my bag, baby. Beautiful work.
    Last edited by arewethereyetdad; 08-27-2008 at 04:21 PM.

As requested here are a couple of pics of tail ends of the tubes. I have 6x of these tubes (3x v1 and 3x v5-3) with clips installed that I will be shipping later this week. I'll try to open a sales thread soon for these. I do have some more tubes that have no milling yet. We've saved these for those with special requests such as tritium slots or no milling as Dad has requested. Those tubes will probably be shipped next week. Now is a good time to reserve these to built as you would like so that when he gets back we can get them done.

The price of $225 does not include these clips. That is the price of the machined part, the McClicky switch and the switch boot. The Shoppe sells these clips for $25 but to try to keep the price down on the tubes I will include the clips with the tubes for an additional $15, or $240 total.

Last edited by Bogus1; 08-27-2008 at 09:52 PM.

Hi folks,

I've been neglecting this thread since there has been so much going on for me this week but I'll post in the sales thread for the Cr123 tubes and more pictures this weekend. I have 3x v1 and 2x v5-3 tubes with clips left and I"ll make them available to those on the list first. After that we'll build the custom tubes either with additional milling for trits etc, or no milling for those that have requested that. After that we'll move onto the 18650 tubes and then complete with the 38mm heads. We'll also offer 38mm bezels (crenulated or smooth) and perhaps seek if there is interest for any more of these EDC-Flex Ti parts. Thanks for your patience and please post any interest!

*Flashaholic*

This thread has become impossible to follow. I'm sure I posted interest in Ti bodies, so I hope I'm on "the list" wherever that is.

Just recieved mine in the mail today. Very nice.

Very nice, could you remind us which head and tail you have please.

Thanks

David

V5 long head and v5-3 body.

Hi Corey,

I'm glad you are happy. I really think all these heads and tube/tails look sharp together.

Donn,

I have a v1 Cr123 tube with a clip set aside. I'll try to post the list Monday and ship Tuesday. I'm sorry it's confusing and I promise I'm as confused as anyone at this point Below is now the v1 Cr123 looks with the v1 27mm Long and the v1 20mm head you purchased.

David,

I really can't tell you which tube I prefer with your v3 Long head. With the v1 tube the head stands out more, but with the v5-3 tube the light probably has more bling? You can see below in the pics. Top is v5-3.

Below are some other combos of heads that are still available (as are the parts in the above photos):

v6 short head v3 19mm head v1 19mm head v5 short 27mm

v5 short 27mm
    with smooth bezel

Hi Eric

I'd like a v5-3 1xcell body with McGizmo Clip please. Is there one available at the moment? Paypal ready.

Thanks

David

Hi David,

Sorry for the delay. You can order any time now: ***Titanium Aleph & E Series compatible heads/tubes/tails /TnC EDC-Flex Sales***

Thanks