Help me find info on an old knife.....

Matteblack

Newly Enlightened
Anyone with info on this, it is greatly appreciated!

What seems like ages ago, I saw an ad in either blade magazine, or Soldier of Fortune about a fixed blade knife that the blade rotated and stored in the handle. The top part that would stick out when the blade was locked in the handle basically looked like the tang, with a large whole in it. (Like if you wanted to connect it to a piece of gear.) All I remember about the article was that it likened the action of the blade turning to a bank vault closing.
Keep in mind, this was probably anywhere from 15 to 20 years ago....

Anybody know who had a knife like that in production around that time period?
I am pretty sure that it was a production knife and not a custom.....

ninjamaster

Newly Enlightened
So is that a folding knife then? Or does just the handle fold over to protect the blade?

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are not thinking of the old Marbles Safety Folder are you? If so its a VERY old design :). LOl I had to look it up in the History of Marbles book. I had seen it at their store in Gladstone, one of my fav places to visit.

bomsa01.jpg

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are some guys on a couple knife forums or the USN that could probably answer that for you in a heartbeat. Not to say we don't have knife experts here but the other places have a lot more I suspect and I've seen a few that are just amazing in their knowledge. Sounds like an interesting knife.

zpaulg

Newly Enlightened
Try "Bladeforums.com" if they can't help you no one can!

Last edited: