• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Custom Anodized Groovy!s in Blue and Copper--Bodies ONLY For Sale

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very small run of some HAIII anodized Groovy!s in Blue and Copper

After seeing some samples from the anodizer, I just had to have these. This is HAIII, but with colors:

CopperBlueGroovys2.jpg

CopperBlueGroovysVert.jpg

I will sell these only as bodies, or as semi-complete lights, i.e., everything included but the 14mm standard sandwich/LED.

There are 23 Blue and 24 Copper bodies for sale. There will not be another run of these made.

Prices:
Body only: $150
Semi-completed light: $160.
Complete light, including light engine: $180.

For those unfamiliar with the Groovy, some specs:
6061AL
Takes a CR123 battery, primary or unprotected rechargeable (battery tube is too narrow for protected cells)
Kroll switch
Double-sided AR 20.5mm lens
Khatod reflector (IMS works also, or 20mm optics)
O-rings
All shipped uninsured, but postpaid via First Class Mail to the U.S., foreign orders please add $2 per order. Orders for $30 or over sent with Delivery Confirmation. For insurance or other mail service, please PM. Any loss do to non-delivery by the Post Office will be your responsibility, unless you have paid for insurance. USPS offers $200 of insurance coverage for $2.45 extra.

PayPal cash to: PayCashPal (at) photonfanatic.com
or
PayPal with credit card to: fanatic (at) photonfanatic.com

Since PayPal often does not forward your payment details, please send an e-mail to fanatic (at) photonfanatic.com detailing what you are ordering.

Thanks.

Last edited:

acourvil

Enlightened
I'll take a semi-completed blue groovy $160

I'd also like to get 2 Fraen Narrow Beam Reflectors designed for the OSTAR LEDs @ $10 each

Total of $180

I would be perfectly happy to have all of this ship together with my Blocky Boy, if you think those will be ready in the next week or two.

Last edited:

lyrrag

Newly Enlightened
Would you have an old sandwich with some kind of white led that you would sell along with the semi complete kit? So I can have a working light, without ordering the sandwich separately and staying under $195. I can always upgrade the sandwich later when funds allow. I was going to get the Nautilus but I prefer your lights. My budget is tight but my wife would freak if I spend over $200 for a working light. I can hear it now, you spent what and it has no light bulb? (Her words for Led)

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would you have an old sandwich with some kind of white led that you would sell along with the semi complete kit? So I can have a working light, without ordering the sandwich separately and staying under $195. I can always upgrade the sandwich later when funds allow. I was going to get the Nautilus but I prefer your lights. My budget is tight but my wife would freak if I spend over $200 for a working light. I can hear it now, you spent what and it has no light bulb? (Her words for Led)

lyragg,

Yup--I've got some very nice LD0^3 drivers with some TW0Hs on them. These would be perfect with RCR123s--plenty of light, very white tint. I can sell you a complete light with that driver/LED combo for $189.99. :devil:

I'd suggest you get the copper, cause your wife might like the color. :D

lyrrag

Newly Enlightened
:paypal:
Thanks I'll take a blue groovy complete with the sandwich you mentioned. I really appreciate the offer and your lights. Not to mention keeping my marriage happy. Make it blue please (her favorite color) just hope she doesn't want to take the light to replace her EDC Surefire E1L.

Also sent Email with shipping info and such

Thanks a bunch,lyrrag

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, I just blew this paycheck's Flashlight fund on my Blocky Boy :p

I'll have to see if i can throw a deposit down for one of each of these to closer complete my Photon-Fanatic 123 collection.

Shane

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
:paypal:
Thanks I'll take a blue groovy complete with the sandwich you mentioned. I really appreciate the offer and your lights. Not to mention keeping my marriage happy. Make it blue please (her favorite color) just hope she doesn't want to take the light to replace her EDC Surefire E1L.

Also sent Email with shipping info and such

Thanks a bunch,lyrrag

lyrrag,

I will be very surprised if your wife does not take the Blue Groovy--we shall see soon enough--it was mailed yesterday. Thanks.

lyrrag

Newly Enlightened
Hi got the light today. It is a work of art, better machining, better finish, better feel than my Surefires, Fenixes, Jetbeams, Peaks, Arcs, Novatac, the list goes on including a couple of other custom lights.

My wife wants it, but it's MINE !!! She might get it when I get another light from you.

Looking forward to your next offering.
Just missed the Blocky Boy, I guess they are all sold.

Thanks Very Much,
lyrrag

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since this thread was just bumped, perhaps it'll be less of an offense to make a somewhat useless post here.

First, neat shot of the sammie balanced on the 123! How'd ya' do it? Glue? ;) Cool pic.

Second... a bit out of my reach right now (as my budget has temporarily reached a limit as well), but I'm absolutely drooling over the blue. :drool:

Here's to hoping against hope for just one more little run in the medium-near future. :candle:

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bimmerboy,

There are still plenty of Blue Groovy!s, so no need to panic. :D

The sammie on the battery was held in place with Blu-Tack, which I highly recommend for positioning things while soldering.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great tip on the Blu-Tack for soldering! I'll definitely have to try that (gotta' get some "helping hands" as well).

As for these lovely little items, well, if I can sell off some guitar stuff quickly enough... :devil: