Seki Cut Folder

StuGatz

Enlightened
Just returned from a little trip so to speak… and upon arrival I was advised that I have a "need" to carry a more "gentlemanly pocket knife" (in that a few colleagues hear me call my usual and customary carry knife/knives, "pocket knives") and I was promptly presented with this little folder.

I'm told that it was chosen in part because of the burl scales (matches pipe burl and I'm known to occasionally light one up), the blue liners were "pretty", and I've been heard to mention Damascus and/or layered blades and that was thought to be "pretty" as well. :ohgeez:

In any event… it's a Seki Cut liner lock folder, the 2 ½ inch blade is marked VG-10 Seki Japan, and appears to have a laminated (San-Mai type) blade. The "burl" appears to be real and I think the blue scales are aluminum and seem to be anodized the "pretty" blue color. The liner lock seems solid but I don't think I will use this very hard. All in all I like this little folder and I will happily carry it when I need to wear a suit.

DSC00852.jpg

DSC00854.jpg

DSC00856.jpg

DSC00858.jpg

DSC00868.jpg

DSC00865.jpg

DSC00862.jpg

StuGatz

Enlightened
I've just learned (from someone with more knowledge that I about this manufacturer) that the blue frames are made of anodized Titanium and NOT Aluminum (as I had earlier thought) and that makes this a more special knife still... :cool::twothumbs:twothumbs

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a very nice knife.

BTW, certain people refer to their "little trips" as having been unwilling guests of the county, state or fed government!!!!! If that was the case in your situation, then that knife ain't near big enough.

Uncle Alvah

Newly Enlightened
I have the same knife, a gift from my daughter.
CHECK THE SCREWS on that unit, I lost two out of mine and have been unable to find replacements, they're TINY!
Nice knife, I got to get about looking harder for parts to fix it!

OCDGearhead

Newly Enlightened
I have both Seki's & Mcusta's, which are similiar in materials, and you have a great new knife. In addition to the bolsters being ti you may not know both brands use VG-10 laminated between softer layers of stainless steel and teflon plated washers. That is why the knife has such a glassy mechanism and does not require lubricants. Just keep the knife clean and adjusted for tension. These are some of the finest made production knives in the world. Also some of the sharpest.

You may want to try japaneseknifedirect.com & try emailing Koki Iwahara and ask about replacement screws. It looks like you have the "Little Blue Liner Lock w/Box Elder Burl" scales.

Nice choice.

Fair warning, Japanese pocket knives are addictive.:devil: